What is your favorite Classic car?

Options

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    With the possible exclusion of the Javelin, AMC built some of the ugliest cars known to man.

The ugliest car model kit I ever bought was a 1977 AMC Matador. It was BROWN. (How appropriate!) I had to have it because it included a CB radio! :p

My friend's neighbor bought the identical car, in BROWN no less. I never found out if it had the CB radio, though. HAHAHAHA

wabbqdkhfw3r.jpg
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Those Gremlins were good looking. Made in Wisconsin!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    That explains why they all looked like Swiss cheese after a couple winters....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Don't forget the AMC Rebel Machine.

rgd5zoad6fnn.jpg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    And the only AMC product in continuous production to this day is?

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    The Jeep
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    The Wrangler....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Yep Jeep it is.
  • charley95
    Options
    2 cars that never made it to production, Dodge Johnson & the Pontiac Cyst! :)
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    $50K brings this understated beaut home with you...
    https://www.volocars.com/auto-sales/vehicles/14918/1969-amc-sc-rambler

4o0nj4lvl7fk.jpeg
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    f31vc51n9isb.jpg

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Those thunder chickens were like gnats back in the day. Anyone that one thought they had something fast. I left many in the red glow of tailights and waves of unburnt hydrocarbons.

Regardless, it was a good looking car.
    Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    I loved when the flame came out the back!

n6udmeuzs8w3.jpg
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    edited February 2019
    Options
    That was bat methane gas.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,047
    edited February 2019
    Options
    1970 Plymouth Valiant. I owned one like this in my senior year of high school

It surprised more than one bowtie

e0gsilx1ajea.png

That 340 was a way underappreciated small-block back then
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    That 340 was/is an excellent performer.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I bought one of these off the CHP and used to embarrass a lot of Vetts, it was the last of the 440's as far as I know. It got about 6 gallons to the mile.a0ctu0ew7pdz.jpg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,314
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I had a '79 TA when I was 18. Gold in color with the brown bird. 6.6 w/ the shaker hood, automatic. My back tires were twice as wide as the stock ones though with aluminum billet rims. I loved that car!

Some of you may have seen me headed to Ocean City, MD back in the day.....licence plate was "OCBOUND". Good times! My girlfriend at the time had a '80 Camaro, decked out 350, slim/wide tires, shark fin sides in a dark pewter gray. The two of us got a lot of looks when we met somewhere, as both vehicles were in mint condition. She was as beautiful as the cars.....Smokin' Hot!!

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Good times^
    Then you get old and fat.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,314
    Options
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I had a '79 TA when I was 18. Gold in color with the brown bird. 6.6 w/ the shaker hood, automatic. My back tires were twice as wide as the stock ones though with aluminum billet rims. I loved that car!

Some of you may have seen me headed to Ocean City, MD back in the day.....licence plate was "OCBOUND". Good times! My girlfriend at the time had a '80 Camaro, decked out 350, slim/wide tires, shark fin sides in a dark pewter gray. The two of us got a lot of looks when we met somewhere, as both vehicles were in mint condition. She was as beautiful as the cars.....Smokin' Hot!!

Tom

I remember blowing past you going down Rt.50 in my GTO.

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I remember blowing past you going down Rt.50 in my GTO.

Is this it Jesse?

43ce3x7q5inh.gif

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Just to show you how lean the cars were jetted back then. I could take the smog pump belt off and increase the primary and secondary jet size on the Holley 780 dual feed carb on my 68 Z/28 and knock off a full second in the quarter.

It would die on the top end with the small jets, but would pull hard to 7300 RPM when I put the larger jets in.

That's a 396 Camaro I'm beating in my sig picture.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    This was Jesse.

4w7f3rwal1s1.jpeg
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    This was Jesse.

4w7f3rwal1s1.jpeg

He wouldn't be caught dead in that... a coffin hot-rod on the other hand would mean he could sleep in his car.

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    1970 Plymouth Valiant. I owned one like this in my senior year of high school

It surprised more than one bowtie

e0gsilx1ajea.png

That 340 was a way underappreciated small-block back then
    i had a Dodge Demon that looked like this. My mother owned it & put 4 big sand filled things in trunk for winter. It was summer & it blew out the rear diff (rear axle) & i bought it. Changed out the diff & ran it as a second car (had my 69 Pontiac G Prix) i was a teenager working on my uncles 70ft dragger off shore fishing in the summer. Oh this thread brings back memories. Thanx guys

Randy/Maine