New MIT cables, adjustable articulation!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    what was the subject?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Maybe if you offered something constructive to whatever the subject at hand is, and stop being defensive at every turn and stop trying to change peoples minds and not have an agenda or defending the perceived downtrodden, you'd actually be able to function here and like it, even if you have a differing view point. There is a way to constructively disagree and still get along.

It's your actions and how you conduct yourself that seems to be the issue. But you should know this since you say you are a veteran of on-line forums.

H9

Hey Brock,
    Modern off the shelf tubes are so much better than the NOS tubes B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    Lol B)
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    n1s24i8rgbsy.jpg
    And I still can't figure out how H9 makes these things work in an amplifier.
  • heiney9
    Options
    Come on Russ, the adults are trying to have a serious conversation here!

:p:D
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Hey Brock,
    Modern off the shelf tubes are so much better than the NOS tubes B)

They really are, technology has moved way forward since they made those old crappy ones.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • heiney9
    Options
    I wish! Today's materials and craftsmanship don't hold a candle to the old world ways and materials. :)
  • lightman1
    Options
    Renee Descartes walks into a bar and pulls up a barstool.
    Barkeep asks "Would you like a beer?"
    To which he replied "I think not."

And vanished into thin air.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Keep to the original subject, please. Thanks.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Forgot what it was...
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options

What kinda places would that be?

So far......from what I've seen. Nearly ever thread you comment in.

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    I would like to put a band in a room and have them play a song . Then I would like to figure out what it took to replay that song and try to recreate that experience side by side.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Mr. X....The evidence is in what each of us, as individuals, hear.
    We can engineer it to death. I can TELL you what I hear, but I can't make you hear what I hear. Turn that around and tell me I'm not supposed to be hearing what I hear.
    X..you have been a grounding point in heated discussions and sometimes an a-hole when you didn't want to listen.
    Me, personally, have heard vast differences in any cable, be it an IC XLR or speaker in many iterations from studio to HT to 100k+ 2ch.
    It's not a matter of cost versus performance, but just how it sounds to you.

Me, I will try any cable that I can afford up to the point to where I can't hear the difference, and then hopefully be happy.

I'll be in lower Louisiana in September.
    Say the word.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Thanks Ken. Good analogy. Even for a Canerdian. ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    yes, but what is it doing?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    yes, but what is it doing?

Only you can determine that....by listening to them. Much the same way you judge different pre-amps/amps/dacs or anything else in your system.

Some of us have a need to justify why things sound as they do, I hold no such warrants. There could be 2 squirrels in there on a wheel chasing a nut for all I care. How it sounds to me, on my system is all that matters, that's the bottom line.

Of course I only buy gear that states..."No Unicorns were hurt in the manufacturing of this product". Makes me feel better.... :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • befuddle
    befuddle Posts: 126
    Options
    I suppose the only answer for those with inquiring minds would be to wait till they audition them at a North American audio shows if you want to get a sense of what they can do first hand,Other than that one would have to wait until they can be evaluated by some reputable unbiased professional reviewers.Which may take a while since they probably have a extremely limited amount of stock available given in practicality that they likely expect to sell at a very low volume level per year
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Can't believe all the silly conversations (from veterans who actually know everything matters).

I really can't believe we are discussing the merits of MIT products and pricing. Those that own and have used MIT's know they make a difference.

P.s. I guess what I'm trying to say is if we question this based on $$$, then we should be questioning a lot of things. And those of us who know about achieving and chasing our own perfect sound, should not really be so suspicious because we know this type of thing makes a difference.

The Hifi world is full of disagreement.
    Any verteran of audio forums would realize there is no agreement over most products.
    I would find it highly unusual if all agreed about something.

Yes things for sure should be questioned.
    No assumptions should ever be made.
    Taking things at face value, and not delving deeper into the realities of what something is truly capable of, and simply going along with a mindset of "it must matter cause everything matters" with little regard to reality, and value, is what helps created products with very debated qualities.

P.S. Hope no one is offended, none of it is meant to be.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Questioning is always welcome, however answers to those questions come from experience and listening for yourself. After all, whats the point of questions if one doesn't seek the answers.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    You haven't learned a thing.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• 2chnfan
    2chnfan Posts: 1
    Options
    k_M Given to the fact that varying audio gear presents its own sonic signature it would be natural for the higher end audio enthusiasts to have varying opinions on its expression based on their personal preferences of sonic qualities
    And its safe to assume that to get the best for the level of investment takes being a informed consumer and not relying on product marketing alone to base the purchase decision.However a high level of accepted acclaimed product reputation can be associated in a good purchasing choice,And this in turn obviously leads to a company's continued financial success
    And its with this reasoning of MIT existing as one of the highly regarded manufacturers in this field it would naturally be assumed that at that given price point a respectably noted performance increase in relation to cost would be expected.
    In a field where product reputation and company respect play a major role in their success within the discerning audiophile community Mr.Brisson must feel confident from a business and reputation standpoint to release and market this product as their all out top model
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    2chnfan wrote: »
    k_M Given to the fact that varying audio gear presents its own sonic signature it would be natural for the higher end audio enthusiasts to have varying opinions on its expression based on their personal preferences of sonic qualities
    And its safe to assume that to get the best for the level of investment takes being a informed consumer and not relying on product marketing alone to base the purchase decision.However a high level of accepted acclaimed product reputation can be associated in a good purchasing choice,And this in turn obviously leads to a company's continued financial success
    And its with this reasoning of MIT existing as one of the highly regarded manufacturers in this field it would naturally be assumed that at that given price point a respectably noted performance increase in relation to cost would be expected.
    In a field where product reputation and company respect play a major role in their success within the discerning audiophile community Mr.Brisson must feel confident from a business and reputation standpoint to release and market this product as their all out top model

I like this guy already. Welcome aboard. And thank you for interjecting rational and logical discourse into the discussion.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • lightman1
    Options
    I don't like you, Ryan.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I don't like you, Ryan.

You have an oddly shaped head Russ.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    Options
    K_M wrote: »
    P.S. Hope no one is offended, none of it is meant to be.

@K_M , you made a comment earlier in this thread, which has since been deleted due to moderator cleanup, that the members here seem to act differently on other forums than they do here. There is a very good reason for that, which most new, or infrequent, forum participants are not aware of.

Most of the active and longtime members here know each other in real life and have personal friendships going back 10 years or more. We have met each other at formal gatherings like corporate sponsored Polk Fests, and at informal gatherings at each other's homes. We have swapped, and sold, and traded, gear with each other for years, participated in group buys, and participated in group evaluations of gear. These experiences are rather unique with regard to Internet forums. Most Internet forums are chat rooms populated by total strangers.

Naturally, I am going to interact differently with people I know well, and personally, than with total strangers. Naturally, if two friends are having a discussion, in public, and a total stranger jumps into the discussion in a manner that is perceived to be insulting and disrespectful, then some push back from the friends, and the friends of friends, might ensue. The pushback will be more severe if the new person does not have any apparent personal experience with the subject matter.

It would be the same as if you invited me to a family reunion. I don't know the family dynamics and I would have to be careful of what I say and how I say it. While I would have the same "freedom of speech" as everyone at the reunion, taking the liberty to joke and play around with family members might result in an ugly confrontation, although no insult was meant on my part.

With regard to the subject of this thread, many of the members here have a decade or more of experience with MIT cables. While I have some questions about MIT's pricing and marketing practices for these $80,000 cables, I don't doubt that they are a high performance cable design. I think that long time MIT users, who have progressively moved up in MIT's product offerings, wouldn't have a difficult time extrapolating what the performance benefits might be if they auditioned the current "statement" top of the line.

My speaker cable and interconnect experiences, over the past 10+ years, has been primarily with AudioQuest products. While I am still happy/content/pleased with the performance of my $11,700 (8 ft. pair) AudioQuest Everest speaker cables, I wouldn't mind auditioning an 8 ft. pair of AQ's current top of the line WEL Signature speaker cables, which retail for $31,200. I also wouldn't mind auditioning an 8 ft. pair of the $80,000 MIT ACC speaker cables. It's always nice to hear how state of the art audio gear performs compared to live music performance.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Guys on that note, I will be no longer contributing to the forum. Have fun!
    :)
  • heiney9
    Options

Thanks for letting us know!

On that note: I will continue to contribute on a regular basis. :-)

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options

Which note?
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • tonyb
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »

Which note?

Don't ask....you don't wanna know. ;)

Shame though, I often wonder why some join audio forums with preconceived notions and closed minds. What do they possibly hope to gain then ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's