New MIT cables, adjustable articulation!

Options

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
    Well in his defense Jesse, he is a clown!!! :D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Well in his defense Jesse, he is a clown!!! :D

In that case, all we need then is a VW beetle and a big bag of popcorn....maybe a few balloons, I like balloons.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    Options
    For the cheapskates out there here is a more affordable alternative, of course its a demo piece but you can't have everything for peanuts. http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1MIMSHD120&utm_source=Email+Newsletters&utm_campaign=04ad9eca47-Clearance_Newsletter_5_20_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2d471df912-04ad9eca47-77595689
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • littlewoodboats
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    Claims without proof become baseless claims.

Let's see the proof of your beloved emo gear.

So, the best response you've got to my question is to LOL a bunch of posts?

It is how Roger Russell told him to respond.

Thanks Jesse for clearing some of this up for me. I understood how interconnects could be used to assist with impedance matching and have heard first hand the differences in my system. I get what guys like Russell are trying to say but even Russell talks about how differences in any part of the chain can have subtle effects on wire requirements and interactions.

X keeps asking for measurements that I submit already exist. Look at all of the graphs posted by DarqueKnight to document before and after results when he makes changes to his system. How many REW graphs have been posted to record differences in things like bi-amp jumpers?

I could see using cables like these as a tool to determine the values needed to build perfectly tuned cables for an individuals system. A customer who has more money than I do contacts MIT for custom speaker cables. After deposits have been made MIT sends out something like these as analsys cables. Place the cables into the system for acoustic measurement making adjustments until the paramaters of the cables are percect for the individual system. Once the diagnostic testing is completed and any necessary adjustments have been determined MIT could then whip up network boxes tailored to the customers needs.

I could see this as being more markatable than $80,000 speaker cables.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I always get a kick out of the ignorant people who "listen" to music using measuring equipment.

I don't know about them, but *I* listen to music with my ears.
    I also know that Ray, while providing scope grabs, always uses his ears as the final judge in a modification or upgrade.
    To me, what we *HEAR* means far more than what a piece of electronic machinery shows. Why? Because out of all of the high end measuring devices, none of them are as dynamic at processing music as my own ears and brain.

So, x, keep on with your dead horse beating soap box thumping ego trip. I will keep on listening to the music.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I always get a kick out of the ignorant people who "listen" to music using measuring equipment.

I don't know about them, but *I* listen to music with my ears.
    I also know that Ray, while providing scope grabs, always uses his ears as the final judge in a modification or upgrade.
    To me, what we *HEAR* means far more than what a piece of electronic machinery shows. Why? Because out of all of the high end measuring devices, none of them are as dynamic at processing music as my own ears and brain.

So, x, keep on with your dead horse beating soap box thumping ego trip. I will keep on listening to the music.

If its analog I only listen to it through a scope. I dont even use speakers or headphones. That is the "scientific" way to listen to music.

If its digital I watch it on my TV as 1's and 0's. So its a pure and realistic representation of the data.

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    If its analog I only listen to it through a scope. I dont even use speakers or headphones. That is the "scientific" way to listen to music.

If its digital I watch it on my TV as 1's and 0's. So its a pure and realistic representation of the data.

You're full of ****.....
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • madmax
    Options
    I could see using cables like these as a tool to determine the values needed to build perfectly tuned cables for an individuals system. A customer who has more money than I do contacts MIT for custom speaker cables. After deposits have been made MIT sends out something like these as analsys cables. Place the cables into the system for acoustic measurement making adjustments until the paramaters of the cables are percect for the individual system. Once the diagnostic testing is completed and any necessary adjustments have been determined MIT could then whip up network boxes tailored to the customers needs.

I could see this as being more markatable than $80,000 speaker cables.

Very insightful, I like it!

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not"

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • madmax
    Options
    I'm not sure it is completely subjective. Afterall, if there is continuous noise in the background or noise embeded within the music presentation most can objectively identify it, at least with a little help from someone with a trained ear.

• heiney9
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just because there is noise doesn't mean it's bad, right? Tubes supposedly add noise, some people like them, some people don't it's a subjective call.

Objectively there is noise, but ones subjective evaluation determines if the noise is an enhancement of detriment.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • madmax
    Options
    Yeah, but wouldn't you consider any real noise from a tube a bad thing, not saying you wouldn't forgive the noise to get some other quality. I mean, it either hisses, spits or whatever, or doesn't.

• heiney9
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am not talking about obvious parts that are possibly damaged or broken. Anything that deviates from the original signal is considered distortion or noise.

Some people like 3rd harmonic distortion or 2nd harmonic distortion, surface noise on LP's, heavy negative feedback, etc. That's the subjective part. What's your "flavor" so to speak.

Of course you can objectively call out and obvious flaw in playback by defect. But that's not what that statement is about at all.

It all comes down to the fact that audio components can measure poorly and sound great or they can measure superbly and sound terrible.

You can have an amp that has high even order distortion, low damping factor and it subjectively it sounds great to certain people. Conversely you could have an amp with low odd order distortion (created by heavy negative feedback), high damping and it could subjectively sound terrible to some people.

H9
  • madmax
    Options
    Its funny though, I've never had an experience while listening with another person in which they thought something sounded bad while I thought it sounded good. I've seen it go the other way where one person had not heard better and thought it sounded good, but I didn't.

• heiney9
    Options
    Let's not use the word "bad", but different. But then again it's all subjective (obviously to point) what sounds good or bad or different.
  • heiney9
    Options
    madmax wrote: »
    Its funny though, I've never had an experience while listening with another person in which they thought something sounded bad while I thought it sounded good. I've seen it go the other way where one person had not heard better and thought it sounded good, but I didn't.

I guess the written word isn't getting my entire point across. I've heard amps that sound very dry and robotic to me vs. amps which I like which are more liquid, real, ethereal sounding. To me (subjectively) dry robotic amp just doesn't cut it. Does that fall in the category of "bad"? No, just a difference in preference based on my subjective impression. Some may not hear a difference, some may hear a difference and not care.

H9

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    edited May 2016
    Options

Can't converse about the topic so you flip it to politics?

#1... You owe this forum an apology

#2... This thread needs more cowbell.
    098fpa0fxjyu.gif
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • heiney9
    Options
    WTH does the national debt have to do with how cables sound? Wow you really are off the "deep" end.

H9
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    That's a new one on me. Speaker cables and politics. Musta got off in the bottle early.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • madmax
    Options
    $80K cables would have never happened in Reagans era.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    The always attacked Emo at least doesn't produce such nonsense, so there is no need to justify them.

And yet you do justify them, time and time again.
    In fact, they have produced detailed specs, tests and photos of their many products so it shows significant ignorance of the facts to even suggest asking for proof from them.

So, where are the scope measurements? Where are the properly conducted repeatable listening tests? I mean, YOU are the one always asking for proof, so produce it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• littlewoodboats
    littlewoodboats Posts: 823
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Cable subsidies for all the underprivileged!!!!! Yeah! B)

Maybe install little solar pannels on top of the network boxes for a green tax credit and rebate.
  • heiney9
    Options
    I heard MIT is now accepting public assistance cards at check out
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Can't converse about the topic so you flip it to politics?

#1... You owe this forum an apology

#2... This thread needs more cowbell.

Don't hold your breath on #1.

LOL

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    ^^^ You should have circled the drain here a long time ago....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Options
    So we are getting free Obama Cables?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I notice how you continuously ignore my question.

DO you listen to music with your ears or with measuring equipment?
    What other justification does *ANYONE* need for *ANY* purchase other than *THEY* like how it sounds?

Yes, a fool and his money is soon parted but to that same end, it is up to that fool to spend *THEIR* money however the **** they see fit and it is arrogant in the extreme for you to determine that they are foolish for spending *THEIR* money how they see fit.
    Did you earn it for them?
    Nope?
    Then STFU.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ^^^
    ngft84f7d83x.jpeg
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• befuddle
    befuddle Posts: 126
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Welcome to Capitalism! I think there's a old adage that goes something like "sell too low it wont go,price it high and they'll give it a try"
    That said I think MIT has alot of company reputation riding on the Audiophile community's acceptance of this product's performance and price.If its not received as a worthy expenditure it may lead to a sales drop by persuading others into thinking that they aggressively overprice their products in general
    Anyway if anyone wants to try to understand a somewhat detailed analysis of what MIT means to achieve with this and their other high ended lines you can hear it directly from Bruce Brisson[CEO] Gavin Fish and Tony Weber at- RMAF11 High End Cable at You Tube
    RMAF10 The Snake Pit is also a good watch on the subject of cable design
    Post edited by befuddle on