Game of Thrones

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    The throne sits empty just like in all the visions
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Goes without saying that Dany is off the rails..even more so after the 'betrayal'. I thought she might spare the city after hearing the bell, and maybe just go light-up Cersei in the Red Keep. That would have been a much more fitting ending for Cersei. Oh well. Yeah, I agree that everybody wants her gone at this point; even the Unsullied are over her now. Maybe she sees the writing on the wall that she won't rule, so she decided to just burn it all. "If I can't have it, no one will!"

Interesting how Euron broke the fourth wall by looking in the camera and saying he was the man who killed Jaime Lannister. I don't remember that happening before in the series.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited May 2019
    Regarding Arya & Gentry
    She doesn’t want him or that
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Regarding Arya & Gentry
    She doesn’t want him or that

the hound might have changed her mind.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    That fight though lol! So bad azz
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    One thing that caught my eye was the wildfire going off all over. A good theory is that was what her insane father had planted when he was going to burn the city to the ground.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited May 2019
    The last scene was like a page from "Schindler's List" :'(

all the ashes and the violins!

1 more to go....I hate calling it right earlier :'( but I now think it had to happen.

where do we go from here, now that all Children have grown up? And how do we spend our lives knowing nobody really cares!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Danny executes Sansa & Tyrion for treason. Banishes Jon to the north. Banishes Arya to Bravos. Makes Greyworm Hand and lives happily ever after. THE END !!!
  • marvda1
    chumlie wrote: »
    Danny executes Sansa & Tyrion for treason. Banishes Jon to the north. Banishes Arya to Bravos. Makes Greyworm Hand and lives happily ever after. THE END !!!

then she marries bran.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Question is, who will be the one to kill her dragon ? You take out her dragon, and she's just another pretty face. Snow is the only one who can get close enough, but does he have it in him to do that ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    We haven't yet seen Jon's reaction yet to Sansa's betrayal. Maybe he will execute her, or more likely, Dany will make him pull the trigger. Jon better brush-up on his dragon-speak...might come in handy if he has to choose between his sister and his queen.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    If he has to choose between his Stark family and Dany, he will choose Stark 100% of the time.

Anything less would be pure terrible writing.

I think the biggest problem with killing Dany is getting past Drogon to do it. Or if it’s done without him present, dealing with his wrath afterwards.

Unless Jon somehow “claims” Drogon for himself and even Drogon abandons Dany, again something I would find to be questionable writing.
  • marvda1
    edited May 2019
    if jon goes after sansa arya will kill him, use his face and kill dany, then claim the throne.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Love all the speculation discussion! Any way you shake it, it'll be a good finale I think.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    jdjohn wrote: »
    We haven't yet seen Jon's reaction yet to Sansa's betrayal. Maybe he will execute her, or more likely, Dany will make him pull the trigger. Jon better brush-up on his dragon-speak...might come in handy if he has to choose between his sister and his queen.

Doesn't seem like the betrayal of his secret would be enough for the 'noble' Jon Snow to do anything to his sister (although not actually his sister - he still sees them as family). And I doubt he looks at the (Mad) Queen the same way anymore.

Seems like there won't be anyone, except the dragon, on Dani's side. Maybe Greyworm.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    As my Wife says "The Mad King is coming out in her".

Just gon' leave this here...
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Seems like an awful lot to wrap up in one episode. Will be interesting for sure!
  • marvda1
    why did varys take his rings off when he was arrested?
    Puritan PSM156
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    "The letter is evidence of his treason. He burned the evidence. He’s writing notes to various people looking for people to support Jon.

The rings are a message to Martha, the ‘kitchen girl’. She’s the one you see coming in the door. She’s a spy and an assassin. Varys assigned her the job of poisoning Dany. But Dany’s not eating anything. The rings may contain the poison.

When Varys hears the guards coming to take him away he burns the note he was writing and drops the rings into a cup. Martha will know what that means: finish his work: send the notes."
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    I honestly think that the writers have already given up. The Starbucks coffee cup in front of Dany and Jamie still having a real hand when comforting Cersei before the ceiling dropped on their heads. None of the prophecies or religious characters make much sense anymore (in the TV show). Dany may have melted down the iron throne while torching king's landing so it may be a moot point. lol.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • marvda1
    someone said , none of the prophecies have come true but all of the visions have.
    Puritan PSM156
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    halo wrote: »
    I honestly think that the writers have already given up. The Starbucks coffee cup in front of Dany and Jamie still having a real hand when comforting Cersei before the ceiling dropped on their heads. None of the prophecies or religious characters make much sense anymore (in the TV show). Dany may have melted down the iron throne while torching king's landing so it may be a moot point. lol.

Not so sure the iron throne can be melted down
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471

Fake news, at least according to this article.

https://buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/jaime-lannister-hand-game-of-thrones

Also, I re-watched episode 4. I'll be damned if I can spot the Starbuck's cup. Must have shown for one frame or something.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    DaveHo wrote: »

Back at ya:

zpho5ekwju2x.png

^That's displayed when I tried to read the article
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    DaveHo wrote: »

https://buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/jaime-lannister-hand-game-of-thrones

Also, I re-watched episode 4. I'll be damned if I can spot the Starbuck's cup. Must have shown for one frame or something.

Pretty sure I've read that the cup has already been edited out of online and future versions. Probably same goes for the hand. They don't want these goofs memorialized forever, at least in media they control.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Pretty sure I've read that the cup has already been edited out of online and future versions. Probably same goes for the hand. They don't want these goofs memorialized forever, at least in media they control.

They are taking lessons from George Lucas I see!

They are just MUCH quicker about it...
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    How about this.

Jon Snow Aka A T... is fireproof, can’t be burned either....

Hmmmmm

Halen
  • marvda1
    halen wrote: »
    How about this.

Jon Snow Aka A T... is fireproof, can’t be burned either....

Hmmmmm

Halen

he would have found that out a long time ago while growing up.
    Puritan PSM156
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Just as Jon once instructed Arya to stick 'em with the pointy end, so too did Arya advise Sansa. Maybe Sansa dispatches Dany, or tries to, in an attempt at saving either Jon and/or Arya?