Game of Thrones

Comments

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    halen wrote: »
    How about this.

Jon Snow Aka A T... is fireproof, can’t be burned either....

Hmmmmm

Halen

Jon already burned his hand pretty badly fighting the walker that came after Mormont.

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    here's a theory, bran is evil. notice when dany took flight her focas was straight on the red keep. only after we see a repeat of bran's vision of drogon's shadow over the city did he turn and start to burn everything. the theory is bran was controlling drogon not dany. also notice they never cut back to dany's face, she could be in shock also.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    So now this is happening:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/game-of-thrones-petition-remake-last-season

I’m attributing this to our “entitlement culture” - The TV show isn’t unfolding the way I want it to, so they have to re-do it the way I want it... unbelievable.

You know, I never really cared for the sound of The Rolling Stones - I think they should re-do all of their material the way I want it to be.

And by the way, if ANYTHING needs to be re-done, it’s the Disney Star Wars trilogy (episodes VII, VIII, IX), lol ;):p
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    daddyjt wrote: »
    So now this is happening:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/game-of-thrones-petition-remake-last-season

I’m attributing this to our “entitlement culture” - The TV show isn’t unfolding the way I want it to, so they have to re-do it the way I want it... unbelievable.

You know, I never really cared for the sound of The Rolling Stones - I think they should re-do all of their material the way I want it to be.

And by the way, if ANYTHING needs to be re-done, it’s the Disney Star Wars trilogy (episodes VII, VIII, IX), lol ;):p

That's going a bit far, but I have to confess I've found this season a bit rushed. Cersei's manner of death was a big disappointment.
  • daddyjt
    8duc40fm3p53.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I think they should re-do all of Bob Dylan’s concerts because the songs are unrecognizable
  • daddyjt

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Here we go!!!!
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Stupid, stupid, STUPID!

Seriously the worst way to end the show that I can think of.

Not one ounce of it made sense.
  • joecoulson
    Agreed. Was not going to even post but was very disappointing
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Where the series started, it ended. In the end they ultimately got what they wanted...PEACE. The Stark children prevailed and went their separate ways. I'm satisfied with it. Ned Stark would be proud.
    No excuses!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Any way you shake it, it'll be a good finale I think.

Well, not the first time I've been wrong!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Well, I'm OK with the way it ended. Jon wasn't really punished, he gets to live his life in the North with the free folk where (I'm sure) he'll never bed another woman or drink any alcohol again (Ya, right, NOT with Torund by his side!). I knew the Iron Throne would be melted down! lol :p

I love the bickering and banter by the new King's council. Hysterical.

Yup. Not a bad ending given the state of the last few episodes leading up the last episode.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • daddyjt
    I thought they did a nice job wrapping everything up. The only disappointment for me was Sansa getting what she wanted:-(

The scene with Brianne writing Jamie’s accomplishments in the book was very touching - another for my list of favorite scenes.

Looks like a spin-off of Arya’s adventures may be in the works....

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Clipdat
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Looks like a spin-off of Arya’s adventures may be in the works....

I certainly hope so! That's a good idea.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Any way you shake it, it'll be a good finale I think.

Well, not the first time I've been wrong!

We know...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    I thought it was, overall, a terrible episode. I enjoyed the first two episodes this season, thought the second two were okay, and hated these last two. It tough ending a series that had as many characters and storylines at GoT, but this was way too rushed.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Seems to me the show ended the same way George R.R. Martin ended the books. He didn't. He had too many stories going and just gave up. This was never a show that could be wrapped up with a pretty bow on it.

Word is, there are several spin off shows under consideration with one already in production as a prequel set hundreds of years before.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I'm confused as to Jon Snows fate. Banish him back to the nights watch ?? After all he's done ? They'd all be dead right now. Then they show the wall....which I thought was completely destroyed by the dragon. Then Snow is leaving with everyone in tow ??
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    tonyb wrote: »
    I'm confused as to Jon Snows fate. Banish him back to the nights watch ?? After all he's done ? They'd all be dead right now. Then they show the wall....which I thought was completely destroyed by the dragon. Then Snow is leaving with everyone in tow ??

Exactly, Tony - it was all a ruse for the unsullied. Did you notice how quiet Tormund was when he saw his best bud, Jon Snow, waltzing back into town? And, how quiet everyone was when leaving Castle Black? Notice how Jon looked back at the gate closing with no one following him? Like, "that's it?" lol. All a ruse. Tormund is Jon's friend and those boys are going to live long fulfilling lives north of the wall with the wildlings. Who's going to check up on Jon? No one. "He went out to the North and never came back. Must have been eaten by a bear." lol. Jon will take a wife and have a family with the free folk and no one will be any wiser about it. That's my $0.02 on Jon's future.

BTW - I'm happy to see a man in a wheelchair given power over the 6 kingdoms! Ya! I hate Hollywood's assumption that a cripple can't have kids - that is not an absolute fact for anyone with a disability. Besides, Bran can train someone to be his successor in time - another 3-eyed raven.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • daddyjt
    tonyb wrote: »

Only a (relatively) small portion of the wall was destroyed, and it was at the far eastern end - a considerable distance from Castle Black. At the end, as Halo mentions, John and the Freefolk are heading north to live out their lives, abandoning Castle Black.

adp7jw34cnla.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I thought it was as good an ending as anything else...no way to please everyone - fans or characters.

I think it was fitting that Jon killed Dany. Also fitting that Dany switched to all-black attire as opposed to her all-white earlier in the series.

Definitely sucks for Jon to be exiled. No good deed goes unpunished. Interesting how the very last scene had the same setting as the very first scene in the series - in the northern woods.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • dromunds
    Daddyjt is correct, JS went to live north of the wall with the Wildlings and Ghost. I thought I saw a skeleton crew at Castle Black and somebody obviously lowered the tunnel door after JS and the Wildings went north. Apparently, he's not really a man of the Night's Watch anymore - who's even in control of the Night's Watch anymore? I suppose he can do what he wants if he decides to go north of the wall to live out his days who's going to stop him? The Wall wasn't completely destroyed - a giant hole was blown out apparently where the army of the dead got through.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Well... Rushed is all I can say. There is no reason for cramming all they had to wrap up into 7 episodes. What they did/crammed in this last (half) season should have taken at least a full season or even two, as the earlier seasons did.

And how the he11 did Sansa (& Brienne, Yara, Edmure, etc.) get to King's Landing so fast? I suppose it was months after the assassination of Danny.

There were some ups and downs this season. But overall, I'm disappointed...
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Bran as king makes no sense at all. I think they just wanted to prove all the theories on the internet wrong and throw a surprise into the mix.

By his own admission, he doesn't care about anything anymore. How can you have an absolute ruler who doesn't care about anything? And he can see the past and the future, so he knew all those people in Kings Landing were going to die. Didn't seem to bother him at all.

What is most puzzling though, is why the pace of the series went from Honda Civic for 6 years and then to Shelby Cobra for the last two. Why the rush to end a series that must have gotten them tons of new subscribers?
  • joecoulson
    ^ because it’s more about HBO than GOT
  • Clipdat
    Why were they concerned about rebuilding the brothels when there was nobody left in the city to use them? I thought everyone died and the city was completely destroyed.

We certainly know the unsullied have no use for brothels!
  • dromunds
    Who would even be employed by the brothels?