Polkfest 2012

Options

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm there.

It will be good to see you George and the rest of the Polk crew!
    Carl

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Wow, only two months to go.

Gettin' psyched now...
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If anyone else is going from NC and wants to carpool let me know. I plan on leaving Thursday afternoon.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm there.

I expect a big teddy bear hug! :cheesygrin:
    No excuses!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I don't know. The bear shed all over the car last time I took him out motoring.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm going to be driving down on Friday morning and driving back Friday afternoon/evening. I will have the entire day and not limited to how late anyone wants to stay. Dunno about Saturday yet.

If anyone from the area wants to ride along I have room for one more and lotsa junk or 3 more and a decent amount of junk. Depends on how much **** I gotta haul with me.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 13
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I don't know. The bear shed all over the car last time I took him out motoring.
    Lol!
  • polrbehr
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I seem to recall lists of prospective attendees being posted in PF threads past to give everyone an idea of who's going to be there... you know, so you can decide whether or not you'll attend based on how many peope you hate will be there? lol

But seriously, maybe it will spur the fence-sitters to make the trip once they see that 50+ Polkies will be there.

OK, I'll start-

1. polrbehr
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2012
    Options
    That's it, I'm not going if Harry's going to be there.
  • polrbehr
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Of course, even the best ideas have a way of backfiring on the super-imaginative people who come up with them...

No fair, I haven't hit 1,000 posts yet; I should not be on your bozo list until after then :cry:

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited July 2012
    Options

George you've GOT to be there! I'm all booked to come down just to see you!:wink: Mark & I had such a blast meeting and talking to you. I'm really getting excited about attending Polk's big 40!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited July 2012
    Options

I know what you mean George. Frankly....I don't go because Cathy scares the crap out of me. :biggrin:
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited July 2012
    Options
    :mrgreen:
    tonyb wrote: »
    I know what you mean George. Frankly....I don't go because Cathy scares the crap out of me. :biggrin:

Cluck, Cluck, Cluck, Cluck, Cluck!:lol::razz: :mrgreen:
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    I expect a big teddy bear hug! :cheesygrin:

There is only one Teddy Bear in this forum. First a hug, then a wedgie, might work in a reach around:cheesygrin:.

see you soon.

RT1
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2012
    Options
    This will be an excellent event.....if I must say so. Anyone not trying to get to the 40th celebration will be seriously missing out. This is the last call folks....and I'd not expect any HQ open doors from here on out.

Mark

George - Call me, I have to speak with you about a couple things old man.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So Friday is open for all of us and Saturday is private right?
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Really wish I could take part in this.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2012
    Options
    brgman wrote: »
    So Friday is open for all of us and Saturday is private right?

Friday is the open house in Baltimore. Saturday is the usual type of Polkfest festivity and I wouldn't call it private per se but it's not a free for all like the Project X movie. That's usually talked about offline and at the Friday event beings the host has yet to be determined officially but I'm pretty sure I know where it will be. KAB will relay that later unless its a Polk VP's house or something, I'm just a participant like you. Hope you have a good time either way.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing you all there. I am in!
    Carl

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Have fun folks.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You're all making me jealous! Here I am sitting in my "rehab" boot with a mending torn Achilles. Had originally planned to come down depending on work schedule. But now it's a week by week wait. Next official visit to the surgeon is August 8th. I'm trying to get the OK to be cleared for a drive of that distance! So fingers crossed. Of course, because of all of this, I haven't made any plans. Are there still hotel rooms that can be booked a bit more "last minute"?

Will know in another week or so. I also have to get the old Impala through its inspection. No easy task as it continues to "rust" out!
    But 40 years is "something" I'd hate to miss. For those of you that have seen the new Batman film, I'm kind of like the gimpy Bruce Wayne with the cane at the beginning of the film at the moment. lol

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I think that I'll be joining the fun. Time to start looking for a room....
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2012
    Options
    oh wow... sounds like this will be fun.. but alas.. because my car decided it was time for a timing belt, to the tune of $1,256.. it pretty much ate up all the dinero I had saved for PF12.. that plus airline ticket prices are way overblown right now. if prices drop in the next few weeks.. i'll reconsider making the trip. I do envy you guys who are within driving distance.. flying from West coast to E. Coast changes a lot of things.
    someone take lots of pics for me and those of us not able to attend.
    peace out my brothers and sisters.....
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • chargerman426
    chargerman426 Posts: 419
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That sucks man. Guessing it was a VW?
    If life had more tubes it would be a lot smoother.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That sucks man. Guessing it was a VW?

Why would you guess that? Many, many cars break timing belts.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I've had a 65 bug, a 74 and a 78 van. They broke lots and lots of parts. I got tired of pushing them, and got a mustang. No probs with the stang, built very well.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,793
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Al, I'm sorry to hear that. You'll be missed, broham.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yeah, Al sorry to hear that as well. I was looking forward to hainging out with you again. Hopefully you can make it last minute.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Al that sucks to hear about the timing belt. Hopefully you can find a cheap flight out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 13
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I plan to scan this thread today to try to talley up an estimated headcount, so if you plan to go but haven't waved your flag in this thread, don't be afraid to do so now. We've got a lot planned for this 40th anniversary Polkfest and have more meetings coming up internally to make sure no stone is left unturned this year.