Polkfest 2012

Options

Comments

• evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I wish I could make it. You guys drink lots of beers and do some extra listening for me.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Count me in I would not miss it for anything
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Definitely in, probably can shuttle two or three people anywhere along the route from LI to MD as well.

This is what I referred to before, it would be nice to have a mod run an ongoing list of attendees.

Sorry you can't make it either, Al, would've been nice to see you again.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You will be missed Al.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2012
    Options
    After some recent events, there is no way I'll be able to make this. I really would have liked to come. If I win 5 grand, I'll tag along. :razz:

Drink lots, Play it loud :p
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited August 2012
    Options
    There is only one Teddy Bear in this forum. First a hug, then a wedgie, might work in a reach around:cheesygrin:.

see you soon.

RT1

I'm taking you up on this! :cheesygrin:
    No excuses!
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Although I'm not a 100 percent yet, I did get clearance for the possible drive down from the Doc today! However, my Dept. is currently discussing a possible Medical leave for one of our own which may mean a change in the schedule for this fall.

So things are still up in the air, will know more next week. If I do make it down, will definitely have room in the car. I'll be stopping in the Scranton, Pa. area then making my way down to Baltimore from there if I come.

Fingers crossed! Regardless, I know you all will have a blast down there!

More later....

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm in.

Happy to shuttle any Polkies that live on Belair Rd south of the Beltway but above Northern Pkwy or along Northern Parkway itself.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • polrbehr
    edited August 2012
    Options
    FWIW, I will be heading down either GSP or NJ Tpike, leaving Thursday evening and heading back some time on Saturday.

Have room for two or three, and plenty of dry storage for anyone bringing gear/luggage.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm definitely in.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited August 2012
    Options
    98% here. I'll be on my best behavior.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    98% here. I'll be on my best behavior.

That won't be any fun at all.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited August 2012
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    FWIW, I will be heading down either GSP or NJ Tpike, leaving Thursday evening and heading back some time on Saturday.

You meant heading back Sunday, right? Otherwise you're going to miss the party.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited August 2012
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    You meant heading back Sunday, right? Otherwise you're going to miss the party.

YES, you DO NOT want to miss Jesse on the stripper pole during Saturday's festivities! Thats why most of us even show up.
    No excuses!
  • polrbehr
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    YES, you DO NOT want to miss Jesse on the stripper pole during Saturday's festivities! Thats why most of us even show up.
    Eh, been there, seen that, was actually hoping for someone else to step up this time.

But no, unless things change, it's probably going to be a Saturday departure for me. Because of my work schedule, and the fact that i need to wait til after Oct. 1 for my personal/sick time to be reset, Sunday is almost impossible. But as in '08, we got to hang around for most of the day, heading home about 6PM, so we really didn't miss too much (I think...?:wink:)

• warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I am planning on attending. Jeff
  • JimMueller
    JimMueller Posts: 100
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Haven't checked this thread in a few months. I knew we had multiple potential office move conflicts in August/September back then and didn't reserve any flights. Best guess on the next move is 'late September'. I'll see if I can coerce my way off for that weekend even though the next move is not carved in stone.

Which airport do I need to fly into, and which hotels are in the area I need to be at? The only event at HQ is on Friday (start time?), right? Then Saturday is the secret pool party in the grotto?
    Yamaha RX-2600 receiver, Nakamichi Dragon, Mitsubishi HS-U80 VCR, Pioneer DVL-90 LD Player, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray player, Sony CDP-X555ES CD player, Carver TFM-42, Carver AV-634, Panasonic TC-P54V10 plasma, BenQ W1070 PJ, Fisher MT-90 turntable, AKG-K340 headphones, Polk SDA-1C mains, CS-400i center, FX A4 surrounds, Rti A1 surround backs
  • strider
    edited August 2012
    Options
    BWI is the best bet airport-wise. The Hilton in Pikesville is a popular place to stay. I though I had re-posted the info for accomodations, etc somewhere but damn if I could find it. Here's the Hilton info:

Pikesville Hilton
    1726 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208
    410-653-1100
    Polk Audio Polk Fest block of rooms
    $120.00 per night

If you look elsewhere for rooms, I'd suggest staying away from anything on Baltimore National Pike (AKA Rt. 40). Get's a bit hairy down that end of town.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 13
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I added everyone up, and so far we're sitting at about 45 Club Polk members planning to come out the 'Fest. That's not including significant others, so we should have quite a crowd!
  • nwohlford
    nwohlford Posts: 700
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Jon_S wrote: »
    I added everyone up, and so far we're sitting at about 45 Club Polk members planning to come out the 'Fest. That's not including significant others, so we should have quite a crowd!

Add me to the list. Originally, I had something for work on that day that I could not get out of, but it has been moved.
  • JimMueller
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Looks like I can get the time off, so now to see what reservation prices look like. Anyone have an itinerary of what's happening on Fri/Sat, so I know what to look for for flights & room?
    Yamaha RX-2600 receiver, Nakamichi Dragon, Mitsubishi HS-U80 VCR, Pioneer DVL-90 LD Player, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray player, Sony CDP-X555ES CD player, Carver TFM-42, Carver AV-634, Panasonic TC-P54V10 plasma, BenQ W1070 PJ, Fisher MT-90 turntable, AKG-K340 headphones, Polk SDA-1C mains, CS-400i center, FX A4 surrounds, Rti A1 surround backs
  • JimMueller
    edited August 2012
    Options
    strider wrote: »
    If you look elsewhere for rooms, I'd suggest staying away from anything on Baltimore National Pike (AKA Rt. 40). Get's a bit hairy down that end of town.

Are the Pikesville Howard Johnson & Ramada Inn just horrible? Anyone staying there?
  • strider
    edited August 2012
    Options
    JimMueller wrote: »
    Are the Pikesville Howard Johnson & Ramada Inn just horrible? Anyone staying there?

Can't vouch for those hotels specifically, but the area is good.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • F1nut
    edited August 2012
    Options
    In addition to the Pikesville Hilton listed by strider above, here are 3 more just a few miles further away (right off I-795) in a more suburban area.

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/maryland/hilton-garden-inn-owings-mills-BWIOMGI/index.html

http://www.hotels.com/ho381253/hampton-inn-owings-mills-md-owings-mills-united-states/

http://baltimoreowingsmills.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-baltimoreowingsmills-place/place/index.jsp

The Hilton Garden Inn and the Hampton Inn are located right next door to each other and across the street are a number of restaurants. The Hampton Inn is literally brand new.

Any of these hotels are within an easy driving distance to Polk HQ, which is located at
    5601 Metro Drive
    Baltimore, MD 21215
    Ph. 410-358-3600.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited August 2012
    Options
    JimMueller wrote: »

Form your own opinion. Personally, I wouldn't stay at either one.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41317-d89502-Reviews-Howard_Johnson_Pikesville-Pikesville_Maryland.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41317-d250631-Reviews-Ramada_Baltimore_West-Pikesville_Maryland.html

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If anyone has questions not addressed already, contact me and I'll do my best to help.

President of Club Polk

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Are you bringing your Mp3 player, mono wires and vinyl collection?? Can you pick me up at the airport at 5:30 am?

Your Bad and Your Nationwide.

RT1--check, one reach around for the strong man!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited August 2012
    Options
    30 days away.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 13
    edited August 2012
    Options
    tick tick tick tick tick tick
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I am tempted to travel the 1200 miles(1 way) just to see if the rumours are true that Jesse does not
    come out during daylight hours.
    And possibly touch his hair (everybody has a dream, eh?).
    Just have to find some silver bullets first.

JK Jesse!
    I know your bodyguards would not let me get that close, LOL!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing