Polkfest 2012

Options

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2012
    Options
    John - Just call me, I'll give you the scoop.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Just checked round trip tickets Thursday to Sunday from dfw to bwi.. $177. Polk Fest weekend... Hmm digging for gold in Alaska or Polk Fest?

Going for the gold at the risk of bankruptcy or fellow future friends that are priceless? I am a late comer, but eff it life happens on the edge of chaos..
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Is there going to be a need for a head count?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'm not bringing my head.
  • Jstas
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'm not bringing my head.

You can borrow one of mine, George, I got a whole bag full!

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Polkfest goal -

Minimum of 150 HD quality pictures... potential videos, et all!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2012
    Options
    In two weeks Scompracer and I will be rolling in. Who want's to meet us for dinner Thursday night?:cheesygrin:
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited September 2012
    Options
    schwarcw wrote: »
    In two weeks Scompracer and I will be rolling in. Who want's to meet us for dinner Thursday night?:cheesygrin:

On the road again! Kewl! I have the whole week off now too. :twisted::cheesygrin:
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pstrev
    pstrev Posts: 60
    edited September 2012
    Options
    hmmm. so my wife and i can't drive down on saturday and enjoy the festivities? (wherever they may be) :cry:
    she's quite the party girl...
    Yamaha RX-A700
    Polk Audio RTi A5
    Polk Audio CSi A6
    Polk Audio RTi A3
    Polk Audio DSW Pro 500wi
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'm contemplating driving down from Maine and you can't make it from a location in Pa. (my home state) that's less than 1:45 hrs away? Seriously? Maybe you ought to talk to the party girl once more. lol

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • pstrev
    pstrev Posts: 60
    edited September 2012
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    I'm contemplating driving down from Maine and you can't make it from a location in Pa. (my home state) that's less than 1:45 hrs away? Seriously? Maybe you ought to talk to the party girl once more. lol

cnh

Actually its 1:25 hours from our house but we cannot make it on friday. it seems you must attend friday to get the double secret information about saturday...
    Yamaha RX-A700
    Polk Audio RTi A5
    Polk Audio CSi A6
    Polk Audio RTi A3
    Polk Audio DSW Pro 500wi
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    Options
    pstrev wrote: »
    Actually its 1:25 hours from our house but we cannot make it on friday. it seems you must attend friday to get the double secret information about saturday...

The Saturday event is not SECRET folks but its also not something that's going to be posted publicly. There's a huge difference between the two events since the second one is a VOLUNTEER opening their home to 40+ strangers to ransack and crawl around. If you cannot attend Friday but you CAN Saturday, contact me OFFLINE and I'll relay the information as long as you don't appear to be a crazy person. I'm vetting folks and no one has been turned away at this point aside from some banned individuals from years passed.

Mark
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Is there going to be a need for a head count?

No need for a head count since its never accurate anyways. Half the ppl that say they're definite, never show up and some that say maybe, always show up, so its a waste of time. Roughly it's about 50 ppl that I've spoken to offline and from comments here online.

If you can make this event!!!! DO IT!!! This is not going to continue happening when it comes to POLK HQ opening their doors so you better make some efforts to get down here and take advantage of their generosity, especially at the 40th Anniversary. This may very well be the LAST one for this event in Baltimore.

Mark
  • Jstas
    edited September 2012
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    No need for a head count since its never accurate anyways. Half the ppl that say they're definite, never show up and some that say maybe, always show up, so its a waste of time. Roughly it's about 50 ppl that I've spoken to offline and from comments here online.

If you can make this event!!!! DO IT!!! This is not going to continue happening when it comes to POLK HQ opening their doors so you better make some efforts to get down here and take advantage of their generosity, especially at the 40th Anniversary. This may very well be the LAST one for this event in Baltimore.

Mark

I was just askin' 'cause I have a couple extra friends coming with me on Friday and didn't know if there was a need for a head count.

• dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Just bring them and tell them to bring extra underwear and dollar bills.
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited September 2012
    Options
    If I win the lottery, I'll come.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Well I have to back out. I got a new job last week and I will be going 3 weeks without a paycheck and I do not want to take days off right away. I hate to miss it but priorities come first. Have a great time and take a lot of pictures
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    Options
    That's no excuse and you are now officially blacklisted from future events. This means you will pay dearly upon your next Polkfest.
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Drenis wrote: »
    If I win the lottery, I'll come.
    The only reason you're excused is because you are unfortunately....a Canadian. It would have been great to meet you and I guess that only the Yellowknife crowd makes the effort to get down for these events. You'll never be treated the same Dernis and this will always hang on your name....non-attendee....is there any other way to make you feel worse about not coming? Let me know as I'd enjoy making that happen. Just kidding man....this is something you should try to attend at some point and next years' event would be the end of the road.

Mark
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    Options
    POLKFEST STARTS AT 9AM ON FRIDAY.....FYI as I'm not sure it was mentioned earlier. I'll update a new thread or edit the original to have the basic, pertinent information for everyone.

Mark
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2012
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    POLKFEST STARTS AT 9AM ON FRIDAY.....FYI as I'm not sure it was mentioned earlier. I'll update a new thread or edit the original to have the basic, pertinent information for everyone.

Mark

Thanks Mark!

I will be there!!
    Carl

• dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    Options
    THE EVENT ON SATURDAY iS ALSO OPEN TO EVERYONE....we're just not posting that information publicly OK? This is for privacy concerns and if you have any questions, contact me directly. I'll handle all information relay for that event here and via phone for those that already have my phone number.

I just confirmed a lot of this offline with George Grand tonight.

Mark
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited September 2012
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Whos couch can I sleep on this year??? @_@

It's you and me sweet pea, you wanna call it "sleep" that's fine.

RT1
  • Jstas
    edited September 2012
    Options
    9AM?!?!?!?!!?

What about my beauty sleep?

Trust me, I need ALOT of it!

• dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'm just saying man....I'm not going to get onsite until 10am easy but nothing needs me....aside from those of you who need a shoulder to cry on or moral support prior to festivities. My work is done when that day arrives since I've lost weeks of my life to help this event but don't worry about me John, I'll be ok you douchebag. You need more than beauty sleep brother.....

Mark
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,337
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I am pondering playing hooky to join you all. What time will it wind down on Friday?
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Probably when it's dinner time and we all go out en masse as has happened in Polkfests' previously.....5PM or a little earlier since keep in mind that HQ is working that day and they want to go home as usual....regardless of a bunch of Forum nerds running around asking for autographs and if they can get a picture.

Hey, on that note, seriously try and get autographs from everyone you see. It doesn't matter if they work for HR or not, make them feel special for one day and ask for an autograph on some Polk literature or whatever you have handy. It will make them feel good and contribute to our grass roots adventure. OR ask to get a picture with them.

The would be serious good karma for you Polkies....and you never know if that person is going to be famous at Polk in the following years so suck up now.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'm gonna try like hell to suck up to the female employees, so I'll have that area covered.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 13
    edited September 2012
    Options
    LOL! I'll send out a memo.
    I'm gonna try like hell to suck up to the female employees, so I'll have that area covered.
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    Options

Your first wall of prayer is Charlotte at the front desk. She's s sweetheart but if she doesn't know you, a Cerebus with a Polk logo.