Polkfest 2012

Options

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I'm still in. Driving. Maybe I'll stop for coffee at Carl's.

Planning to leave Thursday noonish.

If you need a relief driver I think I'd rather do that again..........especially in the new GTi :twisted::lol:

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited April 2012
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    Ricardo, what time will that put you in Baltimore on Thurs?

Should be there between 7 - 8 PM. We can plan on dinner.
    heiney9 wrote: »
    If you need a relief driver I think I'd rather do that again..........especially in the new GTi :twisted::lol:

H9

You mean the new Stage 1 GTI? Absolutely. Though don't expect a listening session this time....:wink:

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Perfect timing on this event! Doesn't interfere with Bike Week which is one week prior.
    No excuses!
  • chargerman426
    chargerman426 Posts: 419
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'm in. And I can actually take the day off this year.
    If life had more tubes it would be a lot smoother.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'm still in. Driving. Maybe I'll stop for coffee at Carl's.

Planning to leave Thursday noonish.
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Kewl! I'm waiting for vaca bids to start. If I get the week off, I'll meet Carl and drive up with him. Wonder if we'll have a 'white' van with speakers in the back this time? Or one with seats.:cheesygrin:

Rich and I should be leaving around noon. Depending on what time Rich get's in to Pittsburgh, we could meet up with you for coffee somewhere. Definately for dinner. We'll find Al and whoever else is willing to dine with us swine! It should be a great time!
    Carl

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2012
    Options
    any new info about PF12?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • heiney9
    edited May 2012
    Options
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Rich and I should be leaving around noon. Depending on what time Rich get's in to Pittsburgh, we could meet up with you for coffee somewhere. Definately for dinner. We'll find Al and whoever else is willing to dine with us swine! It should be a great time!

I will most likely drive to Ricardo's and then leave from there like we did for Lou's PF. But exact route plans are still tentative.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lots of buzz on this. HQs really makes this almost "obligatory". But, I don't have my class schedule for next semester in hand yet. And moving the Fest from its October slot throws a bit of a wrench in the works, because the old date used to coincide with our two day fall break?

If I do get down, I'll be driving the I-95 corridor from Maine to Baltimore. Will be another week or two before work schedule is known. I would hate to miss this one!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • danger boy
    edited June 2012
    Options
    wow... a whole month and no one posted here. what's up? Is no one excited for PF12? i am.. it's June, Sept will be here quickly..
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I'm out for this one. Mother in law couldn't find a better week to come visit.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • danger boy
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I'm out for this one. Mother in law couldn't find a better week to come visit.

No Ricardo... you have to be there... bring mother in law with you if you have to.. :razz:
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2012
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    No Ricardo... you have to be there... bring mother in law with you if you have to.. :razz:

She would eat ALL the food.

SOPA
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You can't miss this ricardo.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I know....Polk's 40th anniversary.....(Maybe) last fest at HQ's.... all the good people from the forum.......but it looks like fate has played me a tough one. I really doubt I would be able to sneak out that weekend.

SOPA
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Carl, Rich and I will go with our fedoras and tommy guns to your house and kidnap you if necessary.
    She'll have to deal with the Chicago, Pittsburgh and New York syndicates to get you back.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • heiney9
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I guess I lost my ride from Ohio to Baltimore :lol: Probably spared Ricardo 6-8 hours of tube talk :razz:

H9
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ESavinon wrote: »
    Carl, Rich and I will go with our fedoras and tommy guns to your house and kidnap you if necessary.
    She'll have to deal with the Chicago, Pittsburgh and New York syndicates to get you back.

Ok. But if you do that don't send me back until she's gone!!!!
    I guess I lost my ride from Ohio to Baltimore :lol: Probably spared Ricardo 6-8 hours of tube talk :razz:

H9

Hmmm...now it doesn't sound so bad to stay home :mrgreen::mrgreen:

SOPA
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Hmmm...now it doesn't sound so bad to stay home :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Don't get too cocky; we're planning a conference call after we get a couple in us. You'll wish you came then...
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ESavinon wrote: »

LOL!

I am looking forward to this!!

Hard to believe Polkfest is just a little over 3 months away! I am getting stoked!!!
    Carl

• kab
    kab Posts: 275
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Plan to be at headquarters ready for a full day. We will start at 10 am with a welcome and get right down to business - many demos, a tour, a full geek engineering presentation, Q&A, Food and Fun.

By the way, if anyone having trouble finding accomodations?

Al
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I put in for my vacation... still need to find accomodations if I'm going to stay for Saturday.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I'm still up in the air whether or not I will be there. It's probably going to come down to the wire whether or not I am there.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Drenis wrote: »
    I'm still up in the air whether or not I will be there. It's probably going to come down to the wire whether or not I am there.
    You will be missing out on a lot of fun if you don't go.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 13
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    You will be missing out on a lot of fun if you don't go.
    +1.

KAB and I were talking about the 'fest yesterday, it's going to be a blast. I'm looking forward to losing my n00b status and finally experiencing a Polk Fest. Does anyone have any (appropriate) pics from fests of yore that I could post of facebook?
  • heiney9
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Jon_S wrote: »
    +1.

KAB and I were talking about the 'fest yesterday, it's going to be a blast. I'm looking forward to losing my n00b status and finally experiencing a Polk Fest. Does anyone have any (appropriate) pics from fests of yore that I could post of facebook?

Check to system showcase, there are photo's from many of the fests posted there.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 13
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Check to system showcase, there are photo's from many of the fests posted there.

Thanks! My n00bness shines through. I'll check out the showcase. Come on down!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Check out the showcase, bro

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=75882

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=83220

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=91777

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=104633

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=119123

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=161836

Jon_S wrote: »
    +1.

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2012
    Options
    All booked up with no place to go. Big load off my mind. Nap time.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Does that mean you are or are not attending?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2012
    Options