Polkfest 2012

Options

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,037
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Whos couch can I sleep on this year??? @_@
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pstrev
    pstrev Posts: 60
    edited August 2012
    Options
    OK, what exactly goes on at this here Polkfest? I'm not really in the market to purchase more speakers at the moment. I can easily make the ride down from the Phila area Friday or Saturday. Is this more like a business convention or a block party? I'd be interested in getting some Polk shirts and hats. I have 2 hats now but don't really like the design. Is this open to the public or mostly industry? I'm confused...:rolleyes:
    Sorry for my ignorance.

Pat
    Yamaha RX-A700
    Polk Audio RTi A5
    Polk Audio CSi A6
    Polk Audio RTi A3
    Polk Audio DSW Pro 500wi
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If you're that "close" there IS NO excuse for not coming. As far as what happens I think if you look at the pics in the showcase site that should give you a pretty good idea of previous Fests. A "business convention" is the "last" thing you should think this is. Think of it more like an Audio Mardi Gras or Carnival and you'll be a lot closer!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited August 2012
    Options
    How can I get information about Polkfest 2012? I would like to make plans to attend. Thanks.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Moose68Bash, read this thread from the beginning. If you have any specific questions after that, let me know.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pstrev
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So are Saturday's events going to be at the Headquarters? Its tough to get straight info here. One person suggest that Saturday is not open to everybody. :eek:

I was thinking about driving down and getting there around noon or so and hanging til early evening...

Pat
    Yamaha RX-A700
    Polk Audio RTi A5
    Polk Audio CSi A6
    Polk Audio RTi A3
    Polk Audio DSW Pro 500wi
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Saturday's location is still to be announced I believe. It is open to all attendees as long as you give me the $5 admission fee. Please try to have exact change when you get there.
  • pstrev
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Saturday's location is still to be announced I believe. It is open to all attendees as long as you give me the $5 admission fee. Please try to have exact change when you get there.

funny guy :cheesygrin:
    see you there. MAYBE i'll buy you a beer...

pat
    Yamaha RX-A700
    Polk Audio RTi A5
    Polk Audio CSi A6
    Polk Audio RTi A3
    Polk Audio DSW Pro 500wi
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm pumped and ready to go.....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited August 2012
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    I'm pumped and ready to go.....

BDT

Like a psyched pumped, or an engorged pumped? Either way...
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • rromeo923
    rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Will there or can there be a swapmeet at the fest? I have some items I could bring.
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited August 2012
    Options

Cool. I have 500 pennies burnin' a hole in my pocket anyway! :p
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited August 2012
    Options
    F1nut, thanks. I read the complete thread and think all I need to do is arrive at Polk HQ before 10:00am. The est of the day is scheduled, we'll learn about Saturday's events soon or on Friday. Again, thank you.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• F1nut
    edited August 2012
    Options
    pstrev wrote: »
    So are Saturday's events going to be at the Headquarters?

No, Saturday's Polkfest party information will be passed out to those that attend the Friday event at Polk HQ. At least that's how it was done the last time.
    Will there or can there be a swapmeet at the fest?

What we have is a raffle that benefits the Githens Center, so bring something for that.
    I read the complete thread and think all I need to do is arrive at Polk HQ before 10:00am. The rest of the day is scheduled, we'll learn about Saturday's events soon or on Friday.

You've got it. See you there.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rromeo923
    rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Tell us about the Githens Center. I was originally gonna donate the proceeds to the Rick Romeo fund.
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything
  • F1nut
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This is a far better cause.....

http://www.bcls.lib.nj.us/githens-center-burlington-county-cerebral-palsy-association

If you have any other questions about it, please talk with George Grand.

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited August 2012
    Options
    schwarcw wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing you all there. I am in!

I'm in too! Got some discount tickets for Cuba Airlines! They don't land in PIT but offered to push me out over your house (hopefully with a parachute). :cheesygrin: Are we gonna sell speakers out of the back of the van again? :biggrin:
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited August 2012
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    I'm in too! Got some discount tickets for Cuba Airlines! They don't land in PIT but offered to push me out over your house (hopefully with a parachute). :cheesygrin: Are we gonna sell speakers out of the back of the van again? :biggrin:

No room for speakers, Strong Bad is sending 6 dancers over to our room!:eek:
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited August 2012
    Options
    schwarcw wrote: »
    No room for speakers, Strong Bad is sending 6 dancers over to our room!:eek:

So...we're gonna sell lap dances in the back of the van?:cheesygrin:
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • George Grand
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I won't need a hotel room if I can stay in the van.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 13
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thanks to F1Nut for dropping all the knowledge. Even though I'm now part of the Polk Borg, it'll be my first PF, and I'll be learing along with all of you guys!
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So, I can no longer make it to the Friday festivities at HQ... but I may be interested in joining in on Saturday, if that'd be allowed.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited August 2012
    Options
    nadams wrote: »
    So, I can no longer make it to the Friday festivities at HQ... but I may be interested in joining in on Saturday, if that'd be allowed.

Greetings Noah!

I hope that you can make it on Saturday. It will be good to see you.
    Carl

• George Grand
    edited August 2012
    Options
    nadams wrote: »

Not allowed.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited August 2012
    Options
    There goes my Polkfest! The company decided to enroll me in a week long (Mon - Fri) training class that is pretty much mandatory for several of us...and it's that week. I was really hoping to snuggle up to Grabass Grand in the back of that van, but it wasn't meant to be.

Have a blast everyone!
    No excuses!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,037
    edited August 2012
    Options
    For all of the new guys coming to Polkfest..

If you are planning on bring your own gear please note it is a mandatory that you do NOT bring a remote for your gear, does not matter if the unit is inoperable without it - we dont need it... and for the record it DOES take three people to operate a cd player
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    There goes my Polkfest! The company decided to enroll me in a week long (Mon - Fri) training class that is pretty much mandatory for several of us...and it's that week.

So, what's your excuse for Saturday?

President of Club Polk

• George Grand
    edited August 2012
    Options
    There goes my Polkfest! I was really hoping to snuggle up to Grabass Grand in the back of that van, but it wasn't meant to be.

I'll send you a slice.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited August 2012
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    So, what's your excuse for Saturday?

I'm open for Saturday. Someone will have to let me know the scoop on the festivities. Hook me up Jesse!
    No excuses!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm open for Saturday. Someone will have to let me know the scoop on the festivities. Hook me up Jesse!

That's more like it.

Only three weeks to go!
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/