What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Meh. I prefer my DACs to have at least 16 tubes. Minimum.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    It's also balanced. No can use.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    It has rca outputs as well as rca analog inputs as part of the preamp section!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Ah, maybe I should have kept reading the description....DOH!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I like the cool blue light bulbs on top!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • VR3
    Need internal pics!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited January 2023
    VR3 wrote: »
    Need internal pics!

Not the Baltic, but the Amber 3 with upgraded/XLR c. 2021

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    oiu217vc078f.jpeg

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Clipdat
    Obligatory "You need to roll some vintage Mullards in there!" comment.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    jehpanggk2ec.png

Dang GlennDog, she's a beauty B) Congratulations!!!
  • Clipdat
    Gorgeous table.
  • VR3
    Sure seems like alot of steps to listen to music 😝

Said in jest in regards to another post

Beautiful setup! I'm sure sounds fantastic!
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    TY! It was a lot of dorking around to say the least! Should be good at least every other tube bias check from now on, though! Lol
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3

LOL

Tom

• VR3
    You sir have a nice rack!
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I love the attention to detail in this turntable setup. Is it justified? You only know when you know.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • bcwsrt

Said in jest in regards to another post

Beautiful setup! I'm sure sounds fantastic!

Too funny! I knew I had seen your reference somewhere but just found that thread again and read through it now that my own over-complications are done with! 😂
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    You sir have a nice rack!

Perv!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited January 2023
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    But, at least my OCD feels better knowing everything is dialed in the way I want it! At least until I purchase a test record! 🙄😝

High marks, nice work!

You haven't arrived at the peak of TT OCD until you have the best VTA settings listed on your albums like Joe (hearingimpared, RIP) did. :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • bcwsrt
    edited January 2023
    I certainly admire that level of commitment, even if I don’t aspire to it! 😝

I did find notes on some of my LP sleeves showing what EQ adjustments I prescribed for that particular album back in the day. That was when I had an EQ and much lower standard equipment. Now, the only tone controls I have beside the VTA wheel on the turntable are a few 12au7 tubes for my amp, yet everything sounds better than ever!
    Brian

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    i4rswod5wbc6.jpg
    The 8m length will go from router to switch, and the 0.5m from switch to ENO filter.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Reagan
    Reagan Posts: 116
    I have not compared LEEDH to a passive preamp attenuator but will have the opportunity in a few weeks when my stepped attenuator comes from Khozmo.
    Speakers: Polk 1.2TL w/VR3 mods and Dreadnaught interconnects
    Amplification: ARC Reference 110 w/KT150s; Cary Audio SLP-05 w/Ultimate Upgrade
    Vinyl: VPI HW19 MK III (Heavily Modded); Origin Live Silver Tonearm; Hana ML Cart; Pete Riggle VTAF; VPI TNT Platter; SAMA; Iphono3
    Digital: Aurender N100H; Benchmark DAC1
  • VR3
    We did compare leedh to the cary slp though 💥
  • Reagan
    Reagan Posts: 116
    True. But unfortunately, the signal was going through LEEDH AND the Cary volume controls.
    Speakers: Polk 1.2TL w/VR3 mods and Dreadnaught interconnects
    Amplification: ARC Reference 110 w/KT150s; Cary Audio SLP-05 w/Ultimate Upgrade
    Vinyl: VPI HW19 MK III (Heavily Modded); Origin Live Silver Tonearm; Hana ML Cart; Pete Riggle VTAF; VPI TNT Platter; SAMA; Iphono3
    Digital: Aurender N100H; Benchmark DAC1
  • VR3
    Nah we bypassed it completely remember