What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Hard to know, this dac looks to be more of the early days before they had their own boards and chip sets. The boards are labeled with EXD audio which is a Chinese audio company and then everything is souped up around it which appears to be standard for the early lampi stuff.at some point they started doing everything in house branded
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    I think initially Lukasz preferred R2R . . . then jumped the fence
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    I'll update once I have more info. So far I have had fun with it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    ^^^
    Very nice work @jdjohn.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • VR3
    Very nice!
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Thanks gents! I can already say the highs are cleaned up quite a bit with these new cables...fewer connections = less distortion. I know this is ground-breaking information :#

Seriously, additional unshielded connections open the opportunity for interference, so a big no-no, IMO. This new continuous cable configuration, with quality shielding, and quality connectors, is sounding very nice. My DIY efforts have paid off.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    Awesome, supra also makes good rca connectors and wire!
  • VR3
    Those look sweet and warm!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Hooked up my MastersounD BoX since it's winter.
    tsnaf4eygnwi.jpg
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Shielded RJ 45 jacks for the two-channel system. Using STP to and from wall so why not.

slvfgenrfvcy.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • GlennDog
    Clipdat wrote: »
    tsnaf4eygnwi.jpg

How do you like it? I cannot recall seeing a review . . .
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Went to the UPS store and picked up the Shunyata Omega Ethernet cables. Curious to see (hear) if they are as insane as they say they are.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 749
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Went to the UPS store and picked up the Shunyata Omega Ethernet cables. Curious to see (hear) if they are as insane as they say they are.

Tom

Let us know ASAP lol
  • VR3
    Review of the ups store?
  • treitz3
    VR3 wrote: »
    Review of the ups store?

OMG, you went there. They wanted to charge me $50 just to pick up the package. I told them to pound sand and return the damned thing. Walked out of the store, made it all of the way out to the truck and turned around.

I calmly explained to him that I have been waiting for this thing for quite some time and that I did not think that $50 was a fair price to pay just to pick it up at that store. He stated that they charge a $5 a day storage charge and that it had been there since before X-mas.

WHAT?

I just got a notification from Music Direct (who misrepresented and stated that they had it "in stock") that it was delivered today at 10:34am and was at the store I choose to drop it off at. They sent it to a different UPS store, so after chasing it down to the correct store, the store wanted $50.

I showed the dude the email(s) and he was like, "No, it's been here for quite some time". I asked him why I wasn't notified. He said we don't notify people, UPS does.....even though they are a UPS store. Whatever.

I simply and calmly asked him that I thought $5-10 to hold a package for a couple of hours was fair to me (even though it has been there for quite some time) and if I could get a discount or a break, since I was just notified today and according to my knowledge, they only had it for about 5 or 6 hours.

He asked me what it was and his jaw dropped when I told him it was just an Ethernet cable. The line was gone at that point, so we got into discussing audio, my system and what the E cable(s) did to my rig.

He was kind enough to let the charge be waived in its entirety and let me take the package home after our conversation.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    tsnaf4eygnwi.jpg

How do you like it? I cannot recall seeing a review . . .

Good memory!
  • VR3
    Bro is that story real?

50 bucks?

...... What
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom
    When did UPS start carrying audio gear?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    Yes, true story. I was not a happy camper trying to located which store and then when they wanted $50, I about flipped my lid. I'll admit, a few curse words popped out of my mouth when he first told me that. Well, maybe more than a few.

It's all good now but man, what a hassle and aggravation.

John, you didn't know UPS sells Shunyata now? Man, you are out of the loop bro'! :D

They were actually sent there direct from Shunyata. I had them ship it there, since someone there could sign for it and UPS didn't have to attempt to deliver when I wasn't home. I'm not doing that again. UPS can waste their time and gas and attempt all they want. Apparently, THEN they will drop it off at a store (upon request) and you can pick it up for free.

Tom
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    The people at the UPS stores are quick to remind you that they operate separately and independently from UPS. The stores are actually sold as franchises. I was not aware of the 'storage fee'...good grief.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • GlennDog
    everywhere I turn, there’s a “pleasure to screw you charge”
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    True that. You should have seen this one lady's face when they wanted to charge her $3.00 to print out a shipping label for her. I mean, it's chump change to many in the whole grand scheme of things but dang.

Tom
  • VR3
    So the way ups works for me, free pick up is the main hub in Kannapolis. They are open 1 hour a day to the public only so many days a week.

The stores as Jody mentioned are franchises and ups charges a fee to redirect there.

I truly loathe my local ups store. They charge 2 bucks to print a label, 2 bucks to tape a box.

In my 12 years in this area I literally have never given them a dime.

The local FedEx store which is owned by FedEx is much more reasonable at 10% of the cost or even free!
  • treitz3
    edited January 2023
    Yeah, I picked up a redirected FedEx box the day before yesterday and no issues. No charges, no hassle, no worries.

I did pick up a redirected box at this same exact store (after a delivery attempt) before X-mas and there was no charge. When I inquired about this, the stated that they accept packages and will sign for them no charge or daily storage fee if they attempt to make a delivery.

This same store about 2 years ago wanted me to put an Amazon return package in a different box. I told them that this is how Amazon sent it to me and they stated that I needed a new box for it anyway. Okay, whatever. I asked them for a box and they stated that it would be something like $30.

FOR A CARDBOARD BOX?

I didn't go back to that store for almost 2 years after that one. That's highway robbery to me.

Tom
  • VR3
    So I plugged the ANK 5.1 pro back up

The lampizator has a slightly advantage for top end detail retrieval, ever slight for sure.

The ANK 5.1 is just a complete package. It has 98% of the details but tonality, dynamic range capabilities is just leaps and bounds over the lampizator.

I would however like to hear a newer high end dac from lampizator in the future to compare against the ANK.
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 674
    VR3 wrote: »
    So I plugged the ANK 5.1 pro back up

The lampizator has a slightly advantage for top end detail retrieval, ever slight for sure.

The ANK 5.1 is just a complete package. It has 98% of the details but tonality, dynamic range capabilities is just leaps and bounds over the lampizator.

I would however like to hear a newer high end dac from lampizator in the future to compare against the ANK.

Are the components in the Lampizator on par with those used in the ANK?
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The build quality appears better in the ANK as well. The Lampi looks like it was built on a kitchen table…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson