What did you do to your stereo rig today?
Options
Comments
-
That may be the norm as the ANK chip set is apparently long discontinued and the remaining stock was bought my audio note many many years ago- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
I think the question for sure would be sound quality and is it fast enough to handle its intended application... It would be concerning to me though for the coin for it to be using such old computer hardware for sure for long term compatibility.
Very cool on the piping for cooling.- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
https://taikoaudio.com/taiko-2020/product/extreme-high-end-music-server/
I would very much like to have this. However, everything else would need to be bumped up to be on-par.
Pushing 30K . . . I need a detached garage more
I cannot hang with you high-rollers!AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
No me gusta.
-
Yeah I don't believe the lampizator usb connection is an active connection versus just a place holder which apparently is common for the earlier models.
I completely missed this post last night. What connections does it have for inputs?
Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~ -
Bnc and I have a bnc to coax adapter in the box- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
Ah, so only one input. Bummer.
Tom~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~ -
Not quite what I did today but…
Just got off the phone with an outfit that’s going thru & updating my preamp from 1979.
What an awesome day…
All caps needing replaced/upgraded, upgraded op-amps and the pies de resistance a remote control installed for the wife!
Yea baby 😬 -
Installed the RAL ethernet from ER to streamer, and digital coax from streamer to DAC. Settling in for a few days, but first impression is fuller, wider, deeper soundstage, compared to the very good AQ Vodka ethernet and AQ Carbon coax cables.
-
So I bought an Arcam SA10 integrated locally for $350, which looked like a great deal from what I am seeing around. Also picked up a pair of Elac UniFi 2.0 UB5 for $300 on USAM. Got those hooked up in the office and they sound amazing.
And then within a day, a guy posts an Arcam AND a pair of KEF bookshelves for $450. Including all boxes, receipts, everything. I e-mail him to see which models, it is an Arcam SA10 and KEF Q350s, and he'd take $375 for all of it. Unfortunately, he is still 90 minutes away from me, but had I not bought the other stuff I would be making that drive.
Polk R200 SpeakersSchiit Saga S & AegirCr*pload of old disc players for my old CDs. -
This content has been removed.
-
the very definition of Rabbit Hole . . . I sought, found, and sold my soul (almost)
the hole is deep, my friends
I took delivery today and I’m letting the unit reach ambient temp before I fire up the tooobs
Unfortunately, the lighting does not reflect the true red color . . . looks orange-ish to me (in the pix)


AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
FYI, for those that know me . . . I love a red preamp ….
Here’s a bad pic of my Cary SLP-98 with silver face plate …
and the good (and moded) Backert Rhumba
Color DOES make a difference! (not sonically)AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
Is that the lampizator??- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
One thing I have discovered or realized as of late, is when the cables are settling in, the further the drop in an attribute, the further the attribute after it settles in.
Tom~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~ -
Is that the lampizator??
Couldn’t help myself . . . Tomorrow should be a very fine day!AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
I love it! Congrats!- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
Added a Technics SL-1210G and Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 yesterday. Finished the setup today. It was detailed and time-consuming, but good grief, I haven’t listened to my vinyl in 15 or 20 years and it sounds amazing! 👍

Brian -
A while ago, I bought a Denon DP-3000 turntable that ended-up having erratic speed fluctuations. Finally got around to doing a PCB refresh with 13 new transistors, and 9 new electrolytic caps.



Testing afterwards has been very successful!

I posted about this setup before, with the goal of having a Micro Seiki MA-505L (12") arm mounted on the large Denon DK-110 plinth
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon -
I would like to hear a newer, high end Lampizator... but it looks like similar build to the ANK is north of 10k so... will be a long time short of an amazing deal!

PSA . . . This seems/might be near your "hood" . . . maybe give this one a whirl . . . @VR3 @treitz3 @TroyD
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisb2gd1-lampizator-golden-atlantic-trp-da-convertersAC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
Big dollars
I would seriously not want a volume control at that price
Looks like a stellar unit though!
Thanks for the heads up!- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
Meh. I prefer my DACs to have at least 16 tubes. Minimum.
-
It's also balanced. No can use.
Tom~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~ -
It has rca outputs as well as rca analog inputs as part of the preamp section!- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
Ah, maybe I should have kept reading the description....DOH!
Tom~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~ -
Still running my new baby in . . .
Seller pic
My buyer pic
Electronics are settling in . . . I’ll update later
AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
I like the cool blue light bulbs on top!Gustard X26 Pro DAC
Belles 21A Pre Upgraded with Mundorf Supremes
B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)
There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus -
Need internal pics!- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
Found a Holman preamp at a local pawn shop today. They aren't much for looks, but from what I understand, the value is in the circuit design. I'm looking forward to comparing it to the Threshold SL-10.

Enjoying the journey while never attaining the destination. -
AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12








