What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Glad you heard some improvements straight away!
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    edited August 2021
    Thanks, Drew, and thanks again for the USB. I had been quite satisfied with the Mini onboard DAC, until recently, when it started sounding a little 2-dimensional to me (I don't discount possible effects of a change in firmware by Auralic - but this usually leads to better sound). I liked the sound of my CD spinner connected to the ProJect, and have been pleasantly surprised at what it does for the Mini. Of course, I'll probably now start thinking about a better DAC or streamer. But, for now, very happy camper!
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 749
    rebelsoul wrote: »
    Put some bugle boy d getter gold pins in the carver c-19.

And all I could say is amazing!!!!!!!
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Picked up a new integrated amplifier last week. Luxman L-590AX Mark II. Does 60W Class A into my 4 Ohm speakers. Sounds very good now but still early in the break-in.

tmzy7qib1srd.jpg

Beautiful piece!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,000
    Beautiful cabinets. Nice score!
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Make or acquire some stands with a 3-6 degree back tilt.
  • jbreezy5
    dromunds wrote: »
    Make or acquire some stands with a 3-6 degree back tilt.

Got any suggestions on ready for purchase stands?
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Hi, Justin, Thanks for the welcome back.

Those speakers are the Heresey's, correct? I haven't seen a stand for those in decades. This speaker has been around for probably over 40 years and the stands that came with them originally were just a basic wood stand that were stained to match the speaker. Nothing more, nothing less. It was literally just a wooden stand to tilt the speakers back a little bit.

These do no look like the originals but worth a look for one that is completed already.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/692579129/klipsch-heresy-i-ii-speaker-stands-made

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jbreezy5
    I’m kinda considering doing some custom stands (or is it tables?) for them. I’m thinking it would be cool to fit a pair of small sealed RELs underneath to go full-range.

• Nex
    Nex Posts: 36
    Listened to it.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    That amp might void your home owners insurance. :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    marvda1 wrote: »
    That amp might void your home owners insurance. :D
    Nah man. I re-worked this one with the White Oak Audio upgrade kit here:https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/193610/phase-linear-400-re-work It still amazes how good this amp sounds. The EE MiniMax BBA adds a nice tube component to the front-end.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • I actually just turned the the main system on just to listen to music. No tweaking,no fussing,just music! Listening to Rodrigo y Gabriela and tappin my toes!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Summer is a busy time at work, so just turning on my system and listening a few times in the past couple of weeks has been nice. The good thing is that I seem to forget how good it sounds when I’ve been away for a while. I planned to listen for about half an hour before going to bed, but it’s sounding so good I may be up a while.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Dang Dave, When you collect something, you don't fool around do you? From Craftsman Tool Boxes to Polk Audio Speakers...and I'm sure everything in between :D
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Dang Dave, When you collect something, you don't fool around do you? From Craftsman Tool Boxes to Polk Audio Speakers...and I'm sure everything in between :D

Yep! The Mrs has been getting on me lately, since I got the TL's, and then the L800's! Scoring some points in showing stuff move out the door!

I did sell my 3 Craftsman tools chests too! Since I got monster Snap-On box! I'm very lucky that she tolerates me on the journeys I take!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • jbreezy5
    verb wrote: »
    Not a whole lot of seat time with the TL’s, but enjoying em tonight. Before the L800’s make it down here!

e21bx19moe5x.jpeg

I’ve got stereo envy over here. Great looking rig!

• verb
    Thanks man! And now I finally get to fire up the other McIntosh amp up and run mono’s!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • jbreezy5
    Do those TLs have amplification built-in? What are the silver and black boxes above the bass drivers?

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Crossovers above the passive radiators.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • jbreezy5
    Not sure if I did this today or yesterday. Maybe depends on what time zone you’re in. Or maybe, today is always today.

Anyway, @treitz3, on your suggestion to get a riser/stand with a tilt of small degree for my recently acquired Klipsch Heresy pair, I’ve done some research and the jbl js-120, otherwise ideal, I have concluded won’t work due to the top bar of the rear speaker support (it will be in the way of the speaker wire terminals).

However, the KLH Super Five riser looks to fit the bill and has a 5 degree tilt angle. Order placed!

prey8tq4gw0x.png

• verb
    Got the builder crew to haul these guys upstairs!
    gi0cc95dwos4.jpeg
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    verb wrote: »
    Got the builder crew to haul these guys upstairs!

Looks like you're hoarding, err collecting H-Ds, too! B)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Hooked up my spinner the analog way and enjoyed several tracks from my SACDs this morning.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Good job.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.