Showcase your setups

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    lightman1 wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Maybe I missed the explanation but I gotta ask, why are there two TVs?

The Panny plasma hasn't failed. Never had a moment of trouble with it. I got the Hisense 4K TV and needed to make sure it worked but the plasma is too heavy for me or the Mrs to lift off the rack by ourselves. The picture on the 4K TV is pretty darn good so we left it connected. We just need to hire someone to help us swap the TV's and then I can sell the Panny on Craigslist. IfWhen we move again, the Panny can't come with us, it's just too heavy to manage on our own and professional movers cost way too much $$$$

Just say the word Victor. Beer and eats is what I charge.

WORD ;)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Plus you might even be able to sell it to him!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited February 2020
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Maybe I missed the explanation but I gotta ask, why are there two TVs?

The Panny plasma hasn't failed. Never had a moment of trouble with it. I got the Hisense 4K TV and needed to make sure it worked but the plasma is too heavy for me or the Mrs to lift off the rack by ourselves. The picture on the 4K TV is pretty darn good so we left it connected. We just need to hire someone to help us swap the TV's and then I can sell the Panny on Craigslist. IfWhen we move again, the Panny can't come with us, it's just too heavy to manage on our own and professional movers cost way too much $$$$

Just say the word Victor. Beer and eats is what I charge.

WORD ;)

Just remember, you get what you pay for. In this case, a hungry, horny drunk with a penchant for goats. He also is prone to destroying the lawns and shrubbery, so I am not seeing how this is a win for you.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo
    edited February 2020
    Just remember, you get what you pay for. In this case, a hungry, horny drunk with a penchant for goats. He also is prone to destroying the lawns and shrubbery, so I am not seeing how this is a win for you.

Mardi Gras is today and we have the country's 2nd largest parade/celebration just a block in front of/behind/ around our apartment. It is absolute pandemonium for the next 24 hours. If we can make it through those, 3 years in a row, other guests are easy!

Besides, Russ has been here before and is always welcome :)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Clipdat wrote: »
    My guess is the old one that is attached to the entertainment center failed.

A new one was purchased and just put into place temporarily in front of it, in lieu of taking the other one of the mount and then mounting the new one.

At first I thought that the rectangle up front was a sort of diffuser or absorber, then I looked closely and it looked like a tv
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    I miss having a sound room with carpet. So much nicer in the ears than tile.

Nice looking set up!
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Looking good, Joe! Time to update your sig ;)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    joecoulson wrote: »
    hkdoyxq7gmb5.jpeg
    izja0vrrz477.jpeg
    y7i2j7sqtyne.jpeg
    72d0yddqy2dh.jpeg

Those look great Joe! How do you rate them vs the floor standers?
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Looks great! I love how in the second photo it appears your left speaker has a power cord going to it :D
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    Hey thanks Ray

Because I have that beast in the corner, and I had the towers xover at 45hz, when I added the bookies, the main difference was the fact the tweeter was MUCH closer to ear level. This did a number of things. Created better depth and width to my imaging. Gained some weight on 2000hz and above, and more importantly let the crossover work perfect with the combo of the bookies and the sub. I think the towers are incredible, but they need a sub for the very lower end. But that comes at a sacrifice (at least in my bass disappearing room) of doubling the bass from the tower and sub together. This setup is EXACTLY what I should have had all along. Sounds flippin fantastic.

Towers are up on CL for sale (local pickup)

It is really amazing how much the room affects everything. It appears your room likes the bookies better. Congrats on finding a great combo.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Thank You Ray! Loving them more and more every time I listen. Shout out to @Clipdat for being a true friend and giving me a steal on these. Thank You Drew.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Dang I need to step up my game....
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    "The first step to acknowledging you have a problem is to admit you have one first".

Dat's be a lot 'O speakers my friend. Wowzers!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    JayMX that is pretty damn amazing!!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    JayMX that is pretty damn amazing!!!

More like pretty darn ridiculous. I’m cleaning house. The SDA 1C's, and a a pair of 5's left yesterday. The folks I was restoring the 2B's for felt like they were too big, so they just went up for sale too. Will be moving a pair of 7’s out soon. Then the decisions start getting tougher. Too many pairs here. It’s time to divest somewhat. Lots of fun though!
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • halo
    hkdoyxq7gmb5.jpeg
    izja0vrrz477.jpeg
    y7i2j7sqtyne.jpeg
    72d0yddqy2dh.jpeg

Looks GREAT Joe!
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    They do look good, Joe. How much lower are the tweeters vs. the other ones?
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Tom should remember piling pillows up to get his ears level with the towers. Huge improvement.

Thank You all.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    If I recall we experienced an improvement with downward tilt on the towers?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 213
    That kind of looks like a museum for Polk.