Showcase your setups

Comments

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 9,394
    edited December 2019
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Why such small speakers for the system? There is plenty of room for larger speakers.

Why such big speakers?

9x13 is pretty small. Easy for the bass to get out of control and the sound in general to become congested. Small speakers are perfect.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • 3D imaging is really important to me. Being a small room,I can't get far enough away from larger speakers to accomplish this. And yes,larger speakers do overpower a small room like this. A couple of Years ago I had a pair of EPI 180's in here. I absolutely loved those speakers,but they were just too friggin big for my room. They did everything well except imaging. Sadly they had to go. My wife and I live in the house I grew up in. My listening room now, was mine,and my brothers childhood bedroom. When I was 16,I purchased my first pair of 180's. I had those stuffed in the bedroom with,2 beds,a dresser,a chest and a nightstand! Loud was my priority then. I can still remember my father pounding on the door screaming at me to "turn that $h!t down!!" Ah,fond memories.
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Prometheus Audio,April Music,Bluesound,Pro-Ject,Onkyo,Graham Chartwell,Nola,Hornshoppe,HSU Research.
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,505
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    They're Pangea DS400's. Very stable. I haven't filled them. Yet.

I picked up a pair of them in 28" size for my Wharfedale Dentons. I filled each one with 25lbs (6.25lbs per leg) of #8 lead shot and then topped them off with recycled coal slag blasting media (about 20-22lbs per stand).
    I also lined the bases with Dynamat and used rubber feet on them instead of the spikes since my office floor is laminate.

All in all, I am very happy with the results as they rung like a bell before doing any of that.
    Granted, they weigh about 70lbs each now but after I get them into their final location, they will not be moved.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Interesting speakers. I've seen then in some of your posts. How would you describe the sound?
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Prometheus Audio,April Music,Bluesound,Pro-Ject,Onkyo,Graham Chartwell,Nola,Hornshoppe,HSU Research.
  • What kind of power do they require to sing?
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,498
    3D imaging is really important to me. Being a small room,I can't get far enough away from larger speakers to accomplish this. And yes,larger speakers do overpower a small room like this. A couple of Years ago I had a pair of EPI 180's in here. I absolutely loved those speakers,but they were just too friggin big for my room. They did everything well except imaging. Sadly they had to go. My wife and I live in the house I grew up in. My listening room now, was mine,and my brothers childhood bedroom. When I was 16,I purchased my first pair of 180's. I had those stuffed in the bedroom with,2 beds,a dresser,a chest and a nightstand! Loud was my priority then. I can still remember my father pounding on the door screaming at me to "turn that $h!t down!!" Ah,fond memories.

Lucky you my dad just went to the basement and flipped the breaker to my room... BOOM BOOM OUT GO THE LIGHTS and stereo, black lights on psychedelic posters....Damn it was DARK!
    edited December 2019
    What kind of power do they require to sing?

I heard them on 35 watts? of tube power and they did well.

In anticipation of your next question, yes they even do Cannibal Corpse pretty well.

• Nightfall wrote: »
    What kind of power do they require to sing?

I heard them on 35 watts? of tube power and they did well.

In anticipation of your next question, yes they even do Cannibal Corpse pretty well.

How about BoxCar Willy?? Or Zamphir,master of the pan flute??
    WhY doEs MastersounD wrItE LikE aN IntErNEt TrOlL?

I bet they like to make jokes like "Slide those bananas gently into the BoX."

tr38v9kochis.jpg

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,498
    Hey that purple looks familiar....
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,497
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Hey that purple looks familiar....

Do you watch a lot of those massage videos?
  • Nightfall wrote: »
    tr38v9kochis.jpg

Gorgeous!!
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,958
    Agreed^
    That purple is to die for!
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT - Parasound P6 - Parasound A21+ - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u

HT - Panasonic BDP/Tivo Bolt - Marantz SR5013 - Def tech C and In ceiling - Sony XBR 75"
  • I'm guessing I haven't been around here long enough to get the reference?
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,505
    I'm guessing I haven't been around here long enough to get the reference?

Nah...they are just trying to be funny. That is one of Skip's kids' rooms that gets converted to a listening room for get togethers. The room is usually all about the bookies.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I wish my kid's room looked like that
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT - Parasound P6 - Parasound A21+ - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u

HT - Panasonic BDP/Tivo Bolt - Marantz SR5013 - Def tech C and In ceiling - Sony XBR 75"
  • That color seems to work ok. But then again,I ride a fluorescent green motorcycle.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,759
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I wish my kid's room looked like that

mine kinda does... but not purple. B)
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 2,319
    That color seems to work ok. But then again,I ride a fluorescent green motorcycle.

The color works. . .
    I’ve been wanting a purple Harley touring model, but they rarely come up FS. When they do, it’s usually a Shriner. I digress . . .
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    Source PSA PWT into NSD Supremo
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Center Salk HT2C
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Wires WW & MIT
  • DSkip wrote: »
    cquqwv07e9dn.jpeg

I’m finally healthy again and back on track. That means my room is finally put back together. I’m hoping these beauties will have a new forever home by the end of the year.
    Simply stunning!
    Skip - looks great man

Sumthin new on the way?

Oh yeah.

Nice - Looks like the xbox is ready to go - just about to jump on some COD campaign

I purchased the new COD over thanksgiving. Been playing campaign (which I just finished)