Showcase your setups

1171819202123»

Comments

• TEAforONETEAforONE Posts: 468
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Hey thanks Ray

Because I have that beast in the corner, and I had the towers xover at 45hz, when I added the bookies, the main difference was the fact the tweeter was MUCH closer to ear level. This did a number of things. Created better depth and width to my imaging. Gained some weight on 2000hz and above, and more importantly let the crossover work perfect with the combo of the bookies and the sub. I think the towers are incredible, but they need a sub for the very lower end. But that comes at a sacrifice (at least in my bass disappearing room) of doubling the bass from the tower and sub together. This setup is EXACTLY what I should have had all along. Sounds flippin fantastic.

Towers are up on CL for sale (local pickup)

It is really amazing how much the room affects everything. It appears your room likes the bookies better. Congrats on finding a great combo.
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Prometheus Audio,April Music,Bluesound,Pro-Ject,Onkyo,Graham Chartwell,Nola,Hornshoppe,HSU Research.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,578
    Thank You Ray! Loving them more and more every time I listen. Shout out to @Clipdat for being a true friend and giving me a steal on these. Thank You Drew.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u

HT - Panasonic BDP/Tivo Bolt - Marantz SR5013 - Def tech C and In ceiling - Sony XBR 75"
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,727
    Dang I need to step up my game....
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,617
    "The first step to acknowledging you have a problem is to admit you have one first".

Dat's be a lot 'O speakers my friend. Wowzers!

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,171
    JayMX that is pretty damn amazing!!!
  • JayMXJayMX Posts: 311
    JayMX that is pretty damn amazing!!!

More like pretty darn ridiculous. I’m cleaning house. The SDA 1C's, and a a pair of 5's left yesterday. The folks I was restoring the 2B's for felt like they were too big, so they just went up for sale too. Will be moving a pair of 7’s out soon. Then the decisions start getting tougher. Too many pairs here. It’s time to divest somewhat. Lots of fun though!
    Current Collection:
    Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), SDA CRS+ (SL2000), RTA12c (194's), SDA SRS 2 (SL2000)

Repair pile: SRS 3.1TL (198’s), SDA CRS, (1) lonely RTA 11TL to become a center channel... someday...

Pairs that have passed through:
    Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10c (3x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, SDA 2, SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2

...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 615
    They do look good, Joe. How much lower are the tweeters vs. the other ones?
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S, retipped by Soundsmith; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
    12”!!
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u

HT - Panasonic BDP/Tivo Bolt - Marantz SR5013 - Def tech C and In ceiling - Sony XBR 75"
    Tom should remember piling pillows up to get his ears level with the towers. Huge improvement.

Thank You all.

• VR3VR3 Posts: 23,906
    If I recall we experienced an improvement with downward tilt on the towers?
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • Nesmith98Nesmith98 Posts: 122
    That kind of looks like a museum for Polk.
    That’s right Trey, now is part of the setup naturally.

Also adjusted crossover on the P6 to 50hz and the results are much more fluid and balanced.

• krazypolkkrazypolk Posts: 714
    JayMX wrote: »
    Fooling around last week. Had to take a family photo before a few pairs move along.
    j0udo09kgkpv.jpeg

I have me 3 pair o'polks and I get the evil eye from the ol'ball and chain. :#
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,171
    Same here krazypolk - 3 pairs of Polks - I gave away 2 pairs of other brands. I showed the picture to her.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,150
    edited June 23
    Maybe the new back-room stereo equipment platform for the electronics that I'll use back there. I wrote a big write-up about my experiences with getting a 27" tube Tv out front with the help of my wife and step-daughter. 3 on a TV... :D. It was then given away to a Craig's list caller who called an hour after I listed it for free. :)

I hooked up an old Onkyo receiver, Sony DVD player and tested 2 old sets of speakers. I had a blast! I didn't get a before or even an after pic. with the stereo in place tonight. Just an in between pic. :D .

I'll post some pics in the "post a picture" thread probably tomorrow. Those JBL's are something to behold. The silver coned model.
    Here's the start of something great back there!
    ca7hrqre0hwi.png

I tested those JBL STUDIO series S412 PII's on the left in the picture along with a set of NHT 2.5i's tonight. WOW is what I was thinking. :D They sounded GREAT!
    It's been way too long! :'( How time flies when you're laid up with some other more pressing needs.
    asj1rtv3y839.png

I have a few more sets out there to hook-up and see if they still play ok. ;)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.