Showcase your setups

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,999
    I wish my kid's room looked like that
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • That color seems to work ok. But then again,I ride a fluorescent green motorcycle.
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Promitheus Audio,Pro-Ject,Hornshoppe,Nola,HSU,Onkyo.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,664
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I wish my kid's room looked like that

mine kinda does... but not purple. B)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,943
    DSkip wrote: »
    8k9uuw0h1vqg.jpeg

Looks like someone mistakenly took some Polks into the high end toom. :o
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 2,150
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    That color seems to work ok. But then again,I ride a fluorescent green motorcycle.

The color works. . .
    I’ve been wanting a purple Harley touring model, but they rarely come up FS. When they do, it’s usually a Shriner. I digress . . .
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    Source PSA PWT into NSD Supremo
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Center Salk HT2C
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Wires WW & MIT
  • DSkip wrote: »
    cquqwv07e9dn.jpeg

I’m finally healthy again and back on track. That means my room is finally put back together. I’m hoping these beauties will have a new forever home by the end of the year.
    Simply stunning!
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Promitheus Audio,Pro-Ject,Hornshoppe,Nola,HSU,Onkyo.
    Skip - looks great man
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    Sumthin new on the way?
  • verbverb Posts: 8,838
    GlennDog wrote: »
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    That color seems to work ok. But then again,I ride a fluorescent green motorcycle.

The color works. . .
    I’ve been wanting a purple Harley touring model, but they rarely come up FS. When they do, it’s usually a Shriner. I digress . . .

My Sporty is purple, ahem, Cobalt Blue metallic, ugh, purple! :smile:
    ahtkv9hi1mw3.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,779
    Oh yeah.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
    Nice - Looks like the xbox is ready to go - just about to jump on some COD campaign
    I purchased the new COD over thanksgiving. Been playing campaign (which I just finished)
    What's your GT? fjosh here

Spicydragonr0ll
    Zero not “o”
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 767
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    My Christmas present, which I will explain shortly...
    hlmoei1ehykj.jpg
    c0z429s1mit0.jpg
    Martin Logan LX16s!

So it started about a week and a half ago. My dad had a pair of Eosone RSF 600 towers downstairs. They are great speakers, but in the only place mom would let him put them, they sounded quite bad. Dad wanted to upgrade, but that wasn't really an option. After a couple of years with them, Mom was tired of looking at them, so she told dad to get out his Boston bookshelf speakers to put in the entertainment center.

The entertainment center downstairs is white, so the black Boston bookshelves didn't look very nice either. So mom and dad called me downstairs and offered me a trade; The Boston bookies, the Eosones, and $150 for my KEF Q150s. After a bit of thinking, I decided yes, with the intention of trying one of the other pairs of speakers I had looked at. And worst-case scenario, I would not like the other speakers, in which case I could return them and get the newer walnut finish Q150s That weren't available when I bought mine.

After digging up the other models I had liked back in January, I noticed that the LX16s were on sale for $400 a pair. Now these (or the Dali Oberon 3s) Were the speakers I would have bought had my budget been bigger at the time. I decided it was a deal I couldn't pass up. After some more negotiation with the parental units, these became my early Christmas present from them AND to myself. ;)

They arrived this morning, and WOW, they sound good out of the box! Easily as good as the KEFs did fully broken in. Even in the 5 hours I've owned them, I've noticed marked improvements, especially in the midrange clarity. The KEFs were no slouches but these are one (or two) notches above them.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with them, and hearing as they open up. More thoughts to come, probably in a separate thread. :)

-Micah

Micah,

I really enjoyed your post!! Life is grand with our loved ones!

Harry
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 15,283
    Spicydragonr0ll
    Zero not “o”

Ooooo that will come in handy down the line :D:D:D
  • DSkip wrote: »
    cquqwv07e9dn.jpeg

I’m finally healthy again and back on track. That means my room is finally put back together. I’m hoping these beauties will have a new forever home by the end of the year.
    I wish my home could be that forever home. Maybe someday.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
    I'd be happy with Fiesole

• Nightfall wrote: »
    I'd be happy with Fiesole

I mean I'm not particularly unhappy with my current speakers. But I'd be MORE happy with some Fiesoles. And EVEN MORE happy with the Sienas, lol.
    Discogs
    What are you using now?

• Nightfall wrote: »
    What are you using now?
    I have JBL Studio 580s. They do well (especially factoring in what I paid for them), but at this point the speakers and the room are probably the weakest points in my system.

A lot of life got in the way this year, but hopefully a speaker upgrade will be on the horizon.
    Discogs
  • TennManTennMan Posts: 1,086
    cquqwv07e9dn.jpeg

Beautiful. What are those speakers?
    SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat · Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
    Nice - Looks like the xbox is ready to go - just about to jump on some COD campaign

I even got a Wireworld HDMI cable on her. She's always ready to go.

What a nerd.

Anyway, I added you.

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,201
    TennMan wrote: »
    cquqwv07e9dn.jpeg

Beautiful. What are those speakers?

Rosso Fiorentino Siena
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    Nightfall wrote: »

I even got a Wireworld HDMI cable on her. She's always ready to go.

What a nerd.

Anyway, I added you.

Sweet
    And I have an AQ Carbon HDMI on mine :)