Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,597
    I don't see the humor. Just face your back towards the bricks and swing away from the wall...

:p
    “If your eyes didn’t water, it means I didn’t go deep enough” says the nurse administering my COVID19 test. She was sweet...
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,413
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    On the bright side, Ken Kantor has a pretty active presence at Flikr (not too much hifi,

I have 2 pairs of NHT's he designed. VT2's and VT3's. Wonder what happened to him on AK. Hasn't been around in a long time.

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • AlmaGarcia
    AlmaGarcia Posts: 45
    qo2tahq7b9tg.jpg
    2019 season opener vs the Colts.
    *Polk employee; formerly known as CassidyStains and Meganpolkaudio

This is actually my main account, feel free to reach out if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding the forum.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,221
    Ken, are those custom shelves for the vinyl?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,724
    The salmon colored shelves were built when I lived in Baltimore. The black ones are from Ikea, we added metal feet and a masonite back. Here are some early photos when we first moved here showing the transplant shelves after we repainted them.wji4wjl7no35.jpg
    ot1yb3b1bd8q.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2020
    xl6wd7i8y6at.jpg

My wife photoshopped a representation of what everything might look like. We ended needing two more of the Ikea shelves to fit the records. Plus several other record shelves that we also brought from Baltimore.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,154
    halo71 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    On the bright side, Ken Kantor has a pretty active presence at Flikr (not too much hifi,

I have 2 pairs of NHT's he designed. VT2's and VT3's. Wonder what happened to him on AK. Hasn't been around in a long time.

As so often (and so unfortunately) seems to happen to real experts when they show up on enthusiast forums, he got picked at by some folks who didn't agree with/accept certain of his positions, so he moved along. Danged shame, IMO. He is a fine fellow based on my interactions with him (which have mostly concerned photography, amusingly enough).

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,522
    These photos show how the record storage finally turned out, the area behind the listening area are six shorter record cabinets.
    Very classy presentation! 🤩
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2020
    baejd42co01a.jpg

Yay. :/

We've been seeing this one twice a day for three or four days now. Don't like seein' 'em in the daytime. They're not supposed to be out in the daytime... but this one does not seem to be sick (i.e., rabid -- sheesh, did I really type rabbit, or did Autocorrect see me comin'? :| ). Seems to be feeding; maybe supporting a brood?

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 14,448
    Ouch!

Ken, is your listening area on a slab in the new digs?

yle8z9i2t3cm.png

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,630
    mbvodbpuuzg9.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,174
    Ha! That looks like a parking lot!
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 1,476
    These photos show how the record storage finally turned out, the area behind the listening area are six shorter record cabinets.3c27oa5omv35.jpg
    s101nr5xl5qw.jpg

Very nice room!

Is it just an optical illusion, or does the ceiling slope up towards the speakers?

s0juxfv78s31.jpeg

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
  • [Deleted User]
    Thanks, the ceilings are all the same height.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,950
    Ken, the room looks great, however I think you might need a few more records.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,470
    e5x2h4nuz327.jpg

Ken,
    You and your wife have done a great design and decorating job on that "audio" space.

I meant to ask you this when I first saw the Shoji screens at the end of the room. Is that an end wall the screens are covering? And what is behind regarding the lighting?

Did the Ikea shelves come with the legs or did you put metal legs on the Ikea shelves?

You mentioned Baltimore; what city/state do you live now, if I may ask?

Glad you remain a dedicated member of this forum!

Harry Jones
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,343
    edited June 2020
    That R2R on top of the record cabinet looks like a female robot head.
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung QN75Q7DR Qled 75" tv, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Nintendo Switch and Xbox 360 Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium, Neutron App or Amazon Music to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• mhardy6647
    mmm -- looks like a Tandberg 64 to me ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    "I meant to ask you this when I first saw the Shoji screens at the end of the room. Is that an end wall the screens are covering? And what is behind regarding the lighting?"
    Hi Harry,
    The previous owner maintained an office in the basement and built the screens as part of the design. There are four flood lamps, two on each side, behind it attached to a rheostat. There is a 2' space to a solid wall behind with a pocket door to another room. In the between space are shelves on either side, I keep some spare audio components and a complete collection of Audio Amateur and Glass Audio magazines. On the other side of the pocket door I have the air compressor and record cleaning stuff set up and model train.

"Did the Ikea shelves come with the legs or did you put metal legs on the Ikea shelves?"

We sourced some nice metal legs from Amazon.

"You mentioned Baltimore; what city/state do you live now, if I may ask?"

We moved to Hagerstown, MD. and really like the town and people. I'm originally from Cumberland, MD. (about an hour west) and at the time my mother was still there. We picked it because it was partway between there and Baltimore and have found it to be very agreeable. My wife is active in the local art museum and there are some really good restaurants (hopefully soon to be reopened).

The Tandberg 64 is correct, Mark.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 5,499
    Viking64 is ALWAYS correct, Mark.

He knows this. He just hates to admit it. :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 18,231
    i189w0l356z8.jpg

I knew he was holding out....