Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,562
    Tony,
    I am continually amazed by all the things you have in that building!!

Keep up the good work.
    Harry
    You Can't Resist Propaganda if You Can't Recognize It
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,659
    Very nice composition!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 28,211
    Thank you.
    Our neighbor's horses (well, horse & pony) did all the heavy lifting, composition-wise.

:)

• BlueBirdMusic
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    So we have a mated pair of these guys in our neighborhood.
    Baltimore city.
    It's been 40-ish years since I've seen one. It's the first time my wife has ever seen one.

i3kf54i0v8v4.jpg

My favorite bird - the reason my name is BlueBirdMusic.

The Eastern Bluebirds really love meal worms, and are mainly insect eaters. They can have up to three family's per year and prefer a certain type of house or a hole in a tree.

One is very rewarded when they appear. In Georgia, there are quite a few around everywhere now. In the 50's, 60's and 70's, the Bluebirds became scarce because of insect sprays.

Thanks for posting the picture.

Harry
    Harry / Marietta Georgia

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,708
    The Eastern Bluebirds really love meal worms, and are mainly insect eaters. They can have up to three family's per year and prefer a certain type of house or a hole in a tree.

Bluebirds are thick here. Two decided to nest in my wood stove chimney and got trapped I found their poor lifeless bodies when I cleaned out my stove. Need to get on the roof and cover the opening with hail screen
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    Camptown races sing this song
    Polktown, Polktown...

:)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 14,665
    Ken, I was just up in Polkville the other day. Should have taken a shot. If I am up there again, I'll snap a photo. It's a one light town in the middle of nowhere in NC.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

~ I have found excellence ~

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 8,431
    Ome ? Oh my !!😳
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Love beautiful pictures like this that have only one human in them.
    treitz3 wrote: »
    a2jjtwgrmtyf.png
    Azalea garden in Ome, Japan.

Tom

Harry / Marietta Georgia

• mhardy6647
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I bet that place is teaming with murder hornets. There’s probably only one person because the rest are gonzo.

... and here I thought I was a cynical pessimist.

;)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,357
    New toy! Wife is not so happy about it though. But she just won the soundbar debate. So we are getting a new tv for the bedroom with a soundbar and a wall mount and sound bar for our tv living room. The only plus is I get to put my RTA12B back in my listening room while I tear apart the Infinity speakers.

b9enkskt4e83.jpg
    earu32uhq6su.jpg
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,127
    edited June 2020
    Got this earlier this year. Lots of fun too. About $120 online. No dead spot where the puck can land. You need a table for it though.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 14,665
    w8raemzkrd36.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

~ I have found excellence ~

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,351
    CH46E wrote: »
    New toy! Wife is not so happy about it though. But she just won the soundbar debate. So we are getting a new tv for the bedroom with a soundbar and a wall mount and sound bar for our tv living room. The only plus is I get to put my RTA12B back in my listening room while I tear apart the Infinity speakers.

b9enkskt4e83.jpg
    earu32uhq6su.jpg

Played a lot of Foosball in college. Played goalie and had a girlfriend who played forward and we would beat 95% of the people we played. Her brother was a very good player and taught her how to play. The guys hated getting beat by us. I also had a good friend who played forward (he was better than her) and we would put a quarter up and play all night on that quarter.

I would have a table, but I messed my wrist up in a skiing accident and I can't play now.

BTW, nice table.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, L600, L400, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • mhardy6647
    Hermitism wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    49913798977_ef112f97ee_b.jpgDSC_0133 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    "At the base of that wall, you’ll find a rock that has no earthly business in a hayfield. Piece of black, volcanic glass. There’s something buried under it I want you to have.”

but, but... I like our neighbors -- it would likely tick 'em off if I deconstructed their wall.

B)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,693
    Hermitism wrote: »
    49913798977_ef112f97ee_b.jpgDSC_0133 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    "At the base of that wall, you’ll find a rock that has no earthly business in a hayfield. Piece of black, volcanic glass. There’s something buried under it I want you to have.”

but, but... I like our neighbors -- it would likely tick 'em off if I deconstructed their wall.

B)

It won’t matter because you will be in Zihuatanejo...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!