Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I bet that place is teaming with murder hornets. There’s probably only one person because the rest are gonzo.

... and here I thought I was a cynical pessimist.

;)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,481
    New toy! Wife is not so happy about it though. But she just won the soundbar debate. So we are getting a new tv for the bedroom with a soundbar and a wall mount and sound bar for our tv living room. The only plus is I get to put my RTA12B back in my listening room while I tear apart the Infinity speakers.

b9enkskt4e83.jpg
    earu32uhq6su.jpg
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited June 2020
    Got this earlier this year. Lots of fun too. About $120 online. No dead spot where the puck can land. You need a table for it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmQ9J7Czbcg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    w8raemzkrd36.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    CH46E wrote: »
    New toy! Wife is not so happy about it though. But she just won the soundbar debate. So we are getting a new tv for the bedroom with a soundbar and a wall mount and sound bar for our tv living room. The only plus is I get to put my RTA12B back in my listening room while I tear apart the Infinity speakers.

b9enkskt4e83.jpg
    earu32uhq6su.jpg

Played a lot of Foosball in college. Played goalie and had a girlfriend who played forward and we would beat 95% of the people we played. Her brother was a very good player and taught her how to play. The guys hated getting beat by us. I also had a good friend who played forward (he was better than her) and we would put a quarter up and play all night on that quarter.

I would have a table, but I messed my wrist up in a skiing accident and I can't play now.

BTW, nice table.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mhardy6647
    Hermitism wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    49913798977_ef112f97ee_b.jpgDSC_0133 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    "At the base of that wall, you’ll find a rock that has no earthly business in a hayfield. Piece of black, volcanic glass. There’s something buried under it I want you to have.”

but, but... I like our neighbors -- it would likely tick 'em off if I deconstructed their wall.

B)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    49913798977_ef112f97ee_b.jpgDSC_0133 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    "At the base of that wall, you’ll find a rock that has no earthly business in a hayfield. Piece of black, volcanic glass. There’s something buried under it I want you to have.”

but, but... I like our neighbors -- it would likely tick 'em off if I deconstructed their wall.

B)

It won’t matter because you will be in Zihuatanejo...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2020
    That movie ranks #1 on the top 500 list I believe.

I have this framed poster that I'll hang up again some day. ;)
    v7qd73k6gnik.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,297
    I’ll never forget the first time I watched it,
    thinking Andy hanged himself in his cell the night he escaped - even the morning guard’s reaction, staring into the (unbeknownst to the watcher) empty cell. Man, was I ever pissed, thinking it was going to end that way!

Easily one of my most “re-watchables”...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    daddyjt wrote: »
    thinking Andy hanged himself in his cell the night he escaped - even the morning guard’s reaction, staring into the (unbeknownst to the watcher) empty cell. Man, was I ever pissed, thinking it was going to end that way!

NOW THAT'S THE WAY YOU USE THE SPOILER BUTTON PEOPLE!!! I've stopped reading threads on this forum about movies and TV shows until I've seen the movie/show. You guys can't keep a secret! And for anyone that hasn't seen Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, they die at the end! :open_mouth:
  • mhardy6647
    daddyjt wrote: »

NOW THAT'S THE WAY YOU USE THE SPOILER BUTTON PEOPLE!!! I've stopped reading threads on this forum about movies and TV shows until I've seen the movie/show. You guys can't keep a secret! And for anyone that hasn't seen Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, they die at the end! :open_mouth:

To say nothing of Bonnie and Clyde...

oops.

:blush:
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    I love that graph! ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just got ahold of 36 more rolls so I'm good for a few more months. Wife has her own stash. :D

I'll bet Sam's Club will have plenty in stock later in the year when I need more.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • CH46E
    edited June 2020
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    I believe it's a Buick.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • CH46E
    edited June 2020
    Milito wrote: »
    I believe it's a Buick.

When I zoom in it looks like it may say "Special" on the side.

Oh, you are right. 1954 to 1955 Buick Riviera Special. Looks identical. Thanks Milito.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,167
    CH46E those fellows in the platoon pic look like they're dressed for duty in the Pacific.
    Family member ?
    Sal Palooza
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,060
    CH46E,
    Really nice pictures and history of your family.

The three "ports" on the front fenders has been a Buick thing through the years.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    It's a 1955 Buick Special. My parents had one; a convertible. Two-toned green. Very, very cool car. :)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    I will take this Buick 88 any day of the week, and twice on Sunday..

https://youtu.be/2cEg02ITHw4
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,555
    That's a car that doesn't get as much love as it deserves.
    Ad a 195x Crown vic to that list
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson