• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Ha! That looks like a parking lot!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    These photos show how the record storage finally turned out, the area behind the listening area are six shorter record cabinets.3c27oa5omv35.jpg
    s101nr5xl5qw.jpg

Very nice room!

Is it just an optical illusion, or does the ceiling slope up towards the speakers?

s0juxfv78s31.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Thanks, the ceilings are all the same height.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Ken, the room looks great, however I think you might need a few more records.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    e5x2h4nuz327.jpg

Ken,
    You and your wife have done a great design and decorating job on that "audio" space.

I meant to ask you this when I first saw the Shoji screens at the end of the room. Is that an end wall the screens are covering? And what is behind regarding the lighting?

Did the Ikea shelves come with the legs or did you put metal legs on the Ikea shelves?

You mentioned Baltimore; what city/state do you live now, if I may ask?

Glad you remain a dedicated member of this forum!

Harry Jones
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited June 2020
    That R2R on top of the record cabinet looks like a female robot head.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    mmm -- looks like a Tandberg 64 to me ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    "I meant to ask you this when I first saw the Shoji screens at the end of the room. Is that an end wall the screens are covering? And what is behind regarding the lighting?"
    Hi Harry,
    The previous owner maintained an office in the basement and built the screens as part of the design. There are four flood lamps, two on each side, behind it attached to a rheostat. There is a 2' space to a solid wall behind with a pocket door to another room. In the between space are shelves on either side, I keep some spare audio components and a complete collection of Audio Amateur and Glass Audio magazines. On the other side of the pocket door I have the air compressor and record cleaning stuff set up and model train.

"Did the Ikea shelves come with the legs or did you put metal legs on the Ikea shelves?"

We sourced some nice metal legs from Amazon.

"You mentioned Baltimore; what city/state do you live now, if I may ask?"

We moved to Hagerstown, MD. and really like the town and people. I'm originally from Cumberland, MD. (about an hour west) and at the time my mother was still there. We picked it because it was partway between there and Baltimore and have found it to be very agreeable. My wife is active in the local art museum and there are some really good restaurants (hopefully soon to be reopened).

The Tandberg 64 is correct, Mark.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Viking64 is ALWAYS correct, Mark.

He knows this. He just hates to admit it. :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    i189w0l356z8.jpg

I knew he was holding out....
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    AlmaGarcia wrote: »

EDIT: I know the collection is a vinyl collection. I just wanted to comment on his reel-to-reel as well. Editing before all you audiophiles pounce on me.

Just stay away from Russ. He likes to pounce and has yet to be house-broken or potty trained.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    baejd42co01a.jpg

Yay. :/

We've been seeing this one twice a day for three or four days now. Don't like seein' 'em in the daytime. They're not supposed to be out in the daytime... but this one does not seem to be sick (i.e., rabid -- sheesh, did I really type rabbit, or did Autocorrect see me comin'? :| ). Seems to be feeding; maybe supporting a brood?

Most likely, yeah. Probably has a litter.

They are good to have around. We had one, before it got hit by a car, that was hanging around. Would walk right past me if I was grilling around dusk. They really don't care about you if they don't perceive you as a threat.

But last year we did have one that would trot around in the later afternoon and then about a month after we started seeing it out during daylight hours, she was walking around with 3 babies following her. They are good to have around. They keep the moles away and bugs down. We've had mole and tick problems this year since our skunk got pasted on the road.

Raccoons will do the same this time of year. We had a raccoon in the oak tree next to the driveway. About a week ago now she drug two cubs down and they went off somewhere else, haven't seen them since.

I also keep scaring a couple fawns. One hides in the lilac bushes during the day, the other one hangs out behind the massive brush pile. I've scared the bejesus out of them at least a dozen times now.

Oh and mama Canada goose has two babies that are big enough to be growing flight feathers now. She had 3 but one just didn't show up one day. Pretty sure one of the snapping turtles got it. Or a coyote.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Yep, we are becoming a country of sheep.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    joecoulson wrote: »
    What a sweet looking pup.

I see the telescope back there. Gosh I wish I could tone the good seeing nights with good weather and nothing planned. Right @verb ?

Well I finally had a chance to play with my Celestron 90mm MAK spotting scope! I got the finder dialed in and was out the other night looking at the moon! Super lightweight. Very good for terrestrial viewing too! No spying on the neighbors! :smile:

6ykzylx4yy8g.png

Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Welcome to the Polk Forum. Nice truck.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    6.2 or 3.5 litres?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Are you sure @Davislasson is a not spammer? Smells like a spammer, links like a spammer....

Spammer
  • Muchieman
    Muchieman Posts: 204
    edited June 2020
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Are you sure @Davislasson is a not spammer? Smells like a spammer, links like a spammer....

Spammer
    How can you be sure that " "is or isn't.
    Moderator just post up a week ago not to talk about nothing other than speakers or audio gear anything else will be deleted or the person posting spam or anything other than discussing audio speakers or gear may get banned. But I see Nothing has Change over the last 10 or so year on this forum. Moderator went on to say that she didn't have the time or the bandwidth to babysit adults. So play nice fellow members of Polk Audio forum. I just got a email from Sound unlimited who owns Polk Audio from overseas last week Inquiring about info and information. So Big Brother is Monitoring this Forum other than the moderators.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    CH46E wrote: »
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Oh yeah!

jcnquncbssiq.jpg

I'd trade you FL for AZ anyday!!! Where in FL are you visiting?

Grayton beach (30A) area.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2