What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,491
    Earlier this week I accidently hooked up the fixed output of a tuner which sent the full power of a Proton d1200 power amp into my khorns. Why are those rca jacks so close together and so hard to read especially in the dark on a chrome chassis. Thankfully the 1 1/4 amp fuse on the horns blew quickly. Once my heart rate got back to normal (100wpc into 105db sensitive speakers is stupid loud in case anyone is wondering) I started thinking how glad I was that those blown fuses weren't the $100+ type. Plus those generic fuses did their job and saved the horns from certain destruction.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,775
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    The Frankenaltecs are in the midst of a heart woofer transplant.
    Since I am only using the woofer sections of the 604Es at this point anyway, and since the opportunity presented itself, I am swapping out the Duplexes for a gorgeous (and - currently - borrowed!) pair of 515Bs.

One down, one to go. B)

nh6ces8w2kvh.jpg
    vds5tl43dr0d.jpg

I fired it up to give a listen -- and I cannot stop long enough to do the other one.

B)

72ntns1nldyn.jpg

Does the "B" stand for back so you remember which side is which? Yeah, I'm old too...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 25,570
    edited March 4
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    The Frankenaltecs are in the midst of a heart woofer transplant.
    Since I am only using the woofer sections of the 604Es at this point anyway, and since the opportunity presented itself, I am swapping out the Duplexes for a gorgeous (and - currently - borrowed!) pair of 515Bs.

One down, one to go. B)

nh6ces8w2kvh.jpg
    vds5tl43dr0d.jpg

I fired it up to give a listen -- and I cannot stop long enough to do the other one.

B)

72ntns1nldyn.jpg

Does the "B" stand for back so you remember which side is which? Yeah, I'm old too...

You mean, like writing "TGIF" on a pair of sneakers?
    Toes go in first.

Close! :)
    The cabinetmaker labeled one enclosure "A" and the other "B". The backs of the baffles are likewise labeled A and B. The speakers are also each labeled (1 and 2) :p
    I actually have the measured T/S parameters of "1" and "2" so... it sort of matters. They are, fortunately, pretty close (not a given with drivers that are as old as I am -- perhaps even older).
    :)

PS both cabinets are now rewoofered with 515Bs. I had a town Finance Committee meeting tonight, so I haven't heard the pair -- yet.

• maxwardmaxward Posts: 584
    That’s common practice for cabinet makers. My dad was one and all drawers were labeled, along with other parts that could be swapped.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S, retipped by Soundsmith; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,110
    That level is awesome. I need one of those in my life at some point.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,110
    It wasn't today but last Friday. I was working from home (very sick dog) and during lunch I decided to calibrate the system again seeing as we have added some art work to the walls. I also decided to lessen the toe in and kept the large speaker setting Audyssey chose and to my surprise the system sounded better than ever. The sound stage increased and there was a big difference in instrument/vocal separation.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• verbverb Posts: 10,185
    Unboxed the Marsh amp, but since I was down here (normally during the week I’m playing the office rig), I decided to burn in the Cary some more! 😀
    bn11t5hibukx.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 5,094
    verb wrote: »
    Unboxed the Marsh amp, but since I was down here (normally during the week I’m playing the office rig), I decided to burn in the Cary some more! 😀
    bn11t5hibukx.jpeg

Sorry sir, but your egress is blocked by an 80lb amplifier. You'll have to move it. 😉
    I have to tread carefully into my workshop! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 5,094
    I have to tread carefully into my workshop! :smile:

My toes hurt just thinking about it.
  • gp4jesusgp4jesus Posts: 1,477
    edited March 9
    Unboxed the Marsh amp, but since I was down here, I decided to burn in the Cary some more! 😀
    bn11t5hibukx.jpeg
    whew😓 It’s a tough job but somebody hasta do it😊

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED
    Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro
    Samsung BDP, Dish Rcvr, Xbox, Phillips CD chgr

Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; CC outside
    BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out
    8 ga Powerline - LR woofers, inside* & out
    *soldered

LR: tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; M&T - 981
    CC: Rotel RB985 -> tri-amped CSi A6
    5 Audio Pro Subs: 1 B1.39: an Evidence at each corner
    Surrounds: Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3
    Power Conditioning & Distribution:
    3 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 4 Furman Miniport 20s
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,267
    Nice jammies. And socks... What's your schedule for getting those bigguns recapped again?
    One foot on audio nirvana and the other in the poor house.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,740
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Nice jammies. And socks... What's your schedule for getting those bigguns recapped again?

I have those same house pants on right now! LOL
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,110
    edited March 10

I have those same house pants on right now! LOL

You guys share the same house pants? how cute
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• halohalo Posts: 5,560
    edited March 10
    Willow wrote: »

You guys share the same house pants? how cute

Maybe those pants were tucked inside the speakers as damping material?
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 25,570

He needs a pair of these tube socks.
    (IMO, of course)

dcyeepuys2ju.png
    https://www.vivatubes.com/matched-pair-of-tube-socks/

I don't know if anyone's making transistor socks (or IC socks, for that matter). :#

Sometime this year! :smile: Unless of course, I find a pin/blade set of SRS's!