What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• I will tomorrow.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    rebelsoul wrote: »
    Spiked my fully modded SDA -1cs. Turntable , Tubes and fully modded SDA s lifes good.

Atta boy!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Sweet. Are those your Altec/JBL speakers? If so, I believe I have the same JBL 2235h LF drivers and would appreciate a photo of the speakers with the grills off. Thanks.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,133
    edited December 2019
    Fabricated some new, larger gauge, shorter ribbon speaker cables (4N copper, 14 gauge, 5 ft long). Even better detail and imaging and the bass is tighter and punchier. I'm thinking of selling these in the future but don't know for sure if people want to pay less for cables that might not be quite as good eye candy-wise, but with as good or better performance than commercially made ones.
    Post edited by Gardenstater on
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Playing around with pieces for garage rig. The Pioneer SX- N30 was in the living room, now replaced by the Peachtree. So what to do with this guy? Well it turns out it can be used as a pre-amp! Hooked up to the CJ amp right now, doing some testing. Running the 1C’s. Well I’m liking @joecoulson Linn mono’s even more as they can be turned on automatically when detecting a signal. I need a remote for the garage rig as I don’t want to be walking back and forth navigating through my junk to the back wall turning every thing on/off. Lazy, yes! :smile:mfr579d1ctef.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Let me know brother.
  • verb
    Streaming Tidal from my phone via BT to the Pioneer. And the Pioneer has LFE sub output! I’ve got a spare SVS PB 1000 just wanting to be utilized! My garage rig is coming together!
    vbkkjf7k4qcb.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • treitz3
    I need to do what you are doing, Dave. I have enough gear leftover to build a secondary rig and it's all just sitting there scattered throughout the house and shop. Time to start whippin' that stuff together!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • verb
    edited December 2019
    For sure Tom! I love my secondary rig down in the basement cause it lets me play around and not have to tear up the big rig. Now that I have a furnace in the garage, this looks to be a winter project! :smile:
  • verb
    Got the SVS hooked up! Testing! :smile:
    hv79b5t154ao.jpeg
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    dromunds wrote: »
    Sweet. Are those your Altec/JBL speakers? If so, I believe I have the same JBL 2235h LF drivers and would appreciate a photo of the speakers with the grills off. Thanks.

Here is a pic before the changes.

827zs3owj7tj.jpg
  • dromunds
    Ah yes, thanks much! I need to do that with my JBL's, those look awesome and I bet they sound out of this world.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Meh they sound ok🤪

They are very impressive and hearing them with vinyl and tape is divine
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dromunds
    I know those JBL low frequency drivers sound nice. I've been using mine as subwoofers, the original owner had a stereo salon build him custom sub enclosures to JBL specs, back in the late 80's or early 90's I guess, They were pretty dang seamless when I was using them as a pair of subs. I even had Gary Dodd modify my Dodd preamp with an active subwoofer crossover in it, the only one he ever did he told me. Pretty much real estate hogged up when using them that way as they are huge enclosures, however, as opposed to incorporating them into something like Wardsweb has done.
  • treitz3
    I even had Gary Dodd modify my Dodd preamp with an active subwoofer crossover in it, the only one he ever did he told me.
    HA. Gotta love that man. I have a 1 of 1 too with the MLP. Which pre do you have?

Tom

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Snapped some quick pics.
    56azsvjo6dw0.jpeg
    Is that a KD-500 (aka, "The Rock") I spy?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • dromunds
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I even had Gary Dodd modify my Dodd preamp with an active subwoofer crossover in it, the only one he ever did he told me.
    HA. Gotta love that man. I have a 1 of 1 too with the MLP. Which pre do you have?

Tom

Tom, I have the battery powered adjustable gain preamp, which Gary modded right before he got really sick and died. Sonicap Platinum bypass caps and some other stuff which escapes me at the moment in addition to the active subwoofer crossover. I also have a Dodd battery powered tube phono preamp which is fantastic. And of course my ELP in storage which I will probably never part with, since it was my first.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    jdjohn wrote: »
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Snapped some quick pics.
    56azsvjo6dw0.jpeg
    Is that a KD-500 (aka, "The Rock") I spy?

Close...KD-550 (identical except the 550 came ready to rock while the 500 required you add your own magical fairies to finish it up.)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • treitz3
    Nice rig, room and setup man. Now I want to listen to the album on the lower left speaker stand. Haven't rotated that one in for a while...

Tom
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Are you adopting?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • phipiper10
    phipiper10 Posts: 955
    edited December 2019
    THANKS! Ha, right now that is not possible. In tomorrow's episode of what I did to the rig I will be soldering one of the RCA cables back to the plug. I'll take the blame for the cause but will say I was not impressed with what I saw when I unscrewed the plug.

Tomorrow, Cowboy Junkies and many others!
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    VR3 wrote: »
    Are you adopting?

No but you should get on my wife's list for guys to call, when I die. She's giving it all away.