Showcase your setups

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Do you listen to heavy metal?
  • Mainly Electro pop (i’m from the UK), some EDM and a smattering of alternatives/easy jazz. I do love a bit of Mongolian throat music, though. Always willing to try something new.....
    Audio Room
    PS Audio Perfectwave DAC MK2, Bridge 1 streaming perfectly now B)
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    Dual Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subs
    PS Audio receptacle
    3 PS Audio Noise Harvesters
    PS Audio power, interconnects and speaker cables
    Homemade sound absorption
    Lots of blocks for weight and a red single listening chair
  • Not into deep/aggressive bass, but I am looking for speed and snap. Yes, this is a pretty analytical setup but I do value imagery hence the solid stands. Mrs Done doesn’t come into my basement room, so have an aesthetic hall pass!
    Audio Room
    PS Audio Perfectwave DAC MK2, Bridge 1 streaming perfectly now B)
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    Dual Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subs
    PS Audio receptacle
    3 PS Audio Noise Harvesters
    PS Audio power, interconnects and speaker cables
    Homemade sound absorption
    Lots of blocks for weight and a red single listening chair
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Tony M wrote: »
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Updated bedroom setup.
    fige2mvtbrhm.jpg

That's a FANTASTIC bedroom system! :o

WOW, very nice!

Thanks. :)
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Do you listen to heavy metal?

Or hard rock?
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • joecoulson
    Ha haaa. Good one.
  • joecoulson
    Hey, nice HTS2600! ;)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Thank you Joe! That was an awesome karma from you. Also, shout out to Zach (@stangman67) who very generously gave me the rack during one of our numerous transactions. The rack works great, and is rock solid. However, it may only be temporary, as I really need to get something a little wider to move the integrated to the top next to the turntable. It really needs to be showcased - It's beautiful. Even my wife (who has zero interest in audio equipment) said it looks so nice, it needs to be on the top shelf.

This little rig really sounds impressive now. I can only imagine how much better it could sound if I had the space to set it up in a more symmetrical/open arrangement.
  • joecoulson
    I bet that has some serious power in that medium sized room, looks fantastic!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    scubalab wrote: »
    Thank you Joe! That was an awesome karma from you. Also, shout out to Zach (@stangman67) who very generously gave me the rack during one of our numerous transactions. The rack works great, and is rock solid. However, it may only be temporary, as I really need to get something a little wider to move the integrated to the top next to the turntable. It really needs to be showcased - It's beautiful. Even my wife (who has zero interest in audio equipment) said it looks so nice, it needs to be on the top shelf.

I would certainly keep it as you have it now, the turntable being on the top shelf really makes for convenient record playback. Function over form. I wouldn't move the integrated unless there's an issue with heat with it being on the second shelf.
  • scubalab
    Drew,

I agree. I meant that I want to get a wider rack (double width) so I can put both the integrated and the turntable on top. For now, this is fine. I'd never move the turntable to a lower shelf. The heat generated shouldn't be a problem. I had it on for several hours last night and I could easily hold my hand under the top shelf (in contact with the bottom of the glass. It was very warm, but not uncomfortably hot. The open rack gets good ventilation.

I just really want to showcase the Triode a little more! Eventually, I'm looking to upgrade the turntable as well. That little Audio Technica really performs well and sounds great, but I still get a buzz with it. I'm leaning towards the Fluance RT85 in walnut (if they EVER come back in stock!). I figure it would go nice with the Monitor 11s and the specs for the price are hard to beat.
  • Clipdat
    edited July 2019
    I wonder where the buzzing is coming from, even with a lower priced turntable that shouldn't be happening.

I actually thought that was a Technics 1200. That might be a solid upgrade for you, they pop up on craigslist quite often at least around here.
  • scubalab
    It's something I've been battling for two years now. Don't know if it's the TT, but I've tried 'buzz filters', ground cheater plugs, grounding the chassis of the TT to the amp, etc. Nothing works. This new location of the setup is in our addition (with newer wiring and proper grounding) and I was hoping that might remedy it, but it's still there.

The AT-120 is internally grounded or grounded through the RCA. Perhaps it's a bad RCA?

It's really not that bad. I only hear it when there is no music playing or VERY quiet segments when music is playing. Regardless, it would be nice if I could eliminate it.
  • Clipdat
    Stupid question, but it's not related to the phono preamp being used at all?
  • joecoulson
    The Pro-Ject table I had for years did that - something in the tonearm
    got the new Rega, had no buzzing, but had a weird hiss with the Vincent that was only prevalent when volumes were high, but it still bothered me. Now with the Rega Fono pre - no noise at all.
  • joecoulson
    Looking good Victor, I like the LP showcase on the left.
  • Clipdat
    @halo Have you ever tried removing the turntable's dust cover while playing a record? Someone told me recently that it's advantageous to do so, as it cuts down on the resonance in the soundwaves being picked up by the turntable and getting transferred back into the plinth.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @halo Have you ever tried removing the turntable's dust cover while playing a record? Someone told me recently that it's advantageous to do so, as it cuts down on the resonance in the soundwaves being picked up by the turntable and getting transferred back into the plinth.

Yes, I have, I just didn’t do it for the photo :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited August 2019
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I've heard Victors set up. Rather exquisite sound reproduction.

Thanks Russ!
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Looking good Victor, I like the LP showcase on the left.

Thanks Joe! Those IKEA Kallax shelving units fit the LPs quite nicely :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    D a m n. You go through gear like Cheetos. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • joecoulson
    Looks fantastic
    Love the symmetry