Showcase your setups

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 2,105
    Russ what are those monoblocks?
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, PS Audio Stellar gain M700 mono blocks, Elac Adante AF-61 towers Black, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with Canaro 2 subplatter, dual belt pulley and upgraded bearing, Rega Ania MC cart, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre with CBS NOS 12au7, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ red river XLR's and Victoria IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables

5.1: Marantz sr5013 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Linn LK240 mono blocks pair, Totem Rainmakers, Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,589
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Russ what are those monoblocks?

Rogue Audio M180’s I think... definitely Rogue Audio though.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• halohalo Posts: 4,887
    lightman1 wrote: »
    m00qfv3phuw6.jpg
    I'm back at the warehouse....
    Radiohead OK Computer spinning through the Infinity RSb. Yup.....

How about a rundown on all the equipment in the photo young man?
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,253
    lightman1 wrote: »
    m00qfv3phuw6.jpg
    I'm back at the warehouse....
    Radiohead OK Computer spinning through the Infinity RSb. Yup.....

You ain't a lisenin til you undress them girls. :D
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 363
    So how do you like the VTF-2 MK5 compared to the SVS?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, VTF-2 MK5, Signature S55, S30, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, AudioQuest Type 4 Speaker Cable, AudioQuest Black Mamba II Interconnects, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Sony 65" 900F.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,155
    edited December 2018
    Milito wrote: »
    So how do you like the VTF-2 MK5 compared to the SVS?

The jury is still out. The idea was to replace both of the other subs while gaining some extension and perhaps output. (I was using the Martin Logan just for 2 channel coming out of the peachtree and the SVS just for LFE; but the ML was always on and made the Dynaudio's full range which also helped with HT). I am still dialing it in for both. I definitely like it better for music as it fills my large family room (that spills into kitchen and living room) better. I think I finally just about have it dialed in, so hopefully will get to watch a good movie on it this weekend to really test it out...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • egurgqymi2wz.jpg
    lrbcfw171zlb.jpg

Gots me a rack. I have been swapping between the SDAs and the ERA bookshelves. Those bookshelf speakers are killers, obviously they can't touch the SDAs in overall presentation but they are great in their own way.

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,449
    What are those bookies?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M wrote: »
    What are those bookies?

ERA/Peachtree Audio Design 5s. I won them in a Karma from TonyB, they are a fun speaker and SOAK up power. They pump out some serious bass for their size, it took me by surprise. They can almost keep up with the SDAs on bass output. The high end is a little laid back which I like, the differences between the two speaker models keeps things fun switching back and forth.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/era/era.html
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,449
    edited December 2018
    Thanks... :)

Nice Karma! B)

You're a lucky dude! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,370
    I took this picture this afternoon after the great home theater renovation of 2018, which included a new wall mount for the TV, 100’ of split loom cable tubing, roughly 1,000,000 zip ties, and various other tweaks. It also includes the PS4 that I acquired back in November.

ls41i3y3h6sd.jpeg

I think you should have splurged for 1000001 zip ties. Doesn't look quite right. 😉
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Marantz DV 4200 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

Looks great John!
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, PS Audio Stellar gain M700 mono blocks, Elac Adante AF-61 towers Black, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with Canaro 2 subplatter, dual belt pulley and upgraded bearing, Rega Ania MC cart, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre with CBS NOS 12au7, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ red river XLR's and Victoria IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables

5.1: Marantz sr5013 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Linn LK240 mono blocks pair, Totem Rainmakers, Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,400
    What happened to those BE-10's you had? The ones from Iowa or MN I think it was....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,471
    What happened to those BE-10's you had? The ones from Iowa or MN I think it was....

Still waiting for complete payment to deliver to the new owner. They are downstairs in my office along with a pair of RTi12.

Those beasts will not be coming upstairs again.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,601
    DSkip wrote: »
    Current room situation.

ja01mzfflzi8.jpeg
    h0otz1inmsfu.jpeg

That is a strange way to do room treatments, but hey if it works for you who am I to argue......
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,883
    I took this picture this afternoon after the great home theater renovation of 2018, which included a new wall mount for the TV, 100’ of split loom cable tubing, roughly 1,000,000 zip ties, and various other tweaks. It also includes the PS4 that I acquired back in November.

ls41i3y3h6sd.jpeg

Great job, and I just saw it on Reddit too!
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,059
    DSkip wrote: »
    Current room situation.

ja01mzfflzi8.jpeg
    h0otz1inmsfu.jpeg

Cool looking set ups and looks like a lot of fun to be had by trying out different combinations. So what are your thoughts on the big Mac?
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,922
    John M. New theater room looks great. What seating brand did you go with and are you happy with them so far? Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,026
    Love it Joe! Those Elacs look fantastic
    2 Channel
    BlueSound Node 2 Streaming Tidal I Marantz SA8005 I Music Hall MMF7.3 I Lounge Audio LCR Mk III I Backert Labs Rhumba 1.1 I B&K Ref 200.2 I Focal Aria 926 I Wireworld Eclipse 7 IC's I Acoustic Zen Satori SC I Pangea AC14SE MkII/PS Audio AC-3 Power Cables

Living Room HT
    Sony XBR65X930E I Marantz NR-1608 I Q Acoustics 2020i I Q Acoustics 3090c I FXI-A4's I DIY 15" Dayton SW

Thank You Zach!!

• halohalo Posts: 4,887
    Changed quite a lot since I started this thread 4 months ago. But here is the latest.

43prg4y5cvbr.jpeg

Pretty sweet looking setup you've got there Joe! Rock on man!
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 270
    Looks great! Nice job with the DIY cabinet completion, too.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
    Thank You guys

Keeping it warm for @Clipdat as I feel there might be a post here from him soon.

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,916
    Guess again.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,370
    Changed quite a lot since I started this thread 4 months ago. But here is the latest.

43prg4y5cvbr.jpeg

What size is your tv?
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Marantz DV 4200 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e