Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Kex wrote: »
    Can anyone identify this? Perhaps the ever resourceful @mhardy6647? It was found crawling up my arm on the patio earlier today.

(most likely) it's a Bolo spider, part of the orb Weaver group.

What part of the country are you in?

Arty, I am confused. You must be looking at something different than I am. :#
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Interesting. I might have some of those in a jar in the bedroom.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Can anyone identify this? Perhaps the ever resourceful @mhardy6647? It was found crawling up my arm on the patio earlier today.

57nqcf8u9unp.jpeg

WTF, it would be "Shots fired, Shots fired" after I knocked it of my arm ofcourse!

Knowing what part of the country you are in would help. I dont thinks it is a Orb family though.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    That’s a herpe.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    We have those. They have live birth of thousands of babies. I try to kill them before that happens. I know spiders are an important part of the ecosystem but...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I heard somewhere if it weren't for spiders, we couldn't breath the air outside.

I tried to find that white spider and got weird feelings while looking at hundreds of pictures of spiders. I had to abort! :s:)

I HATE MOST SPIDERS, but the little hairy jumping spiders don't bother me one bit for some odd reason. Maybe since I can't see their little short legs moving, I don't care about them.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • CH46E
    edited October 2019
    e0wm7pym89sh.jpg
    dmpdypzn8rsj.jpg

On my way home from work this happened about 6 cars in front of me. Myself and a nurse ran up and wouldn't you k ow I did not have my knife on me. I hear the 60+ year old screaming 'get me out of here". I yell for a knife and someone hands me a really freeking shard Benchmade knife. I cut the seatbelt and the guy drops. He starts to crawl out the passenger side but I see somehow he is tangled in some pipe and metal rod from the fence he took out. Myself and the nurse thought it had pierced through him. A little looking around we see it is not in him. I remove the metal and he gets out. He seemed ok and the medics took off with him. Made me realize I dont have a proper first aid kit in the car. First thing I looked for was leaking gas. Thank god we did not have that problem.

He rolled about 3 times and ended up in the fast lane on the other side of the hwy. He was lucky no one hit him.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    What happened to get to this point I wonder?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • CH46E
    edited October 2019
    Nightfall wrote: »

I guess he just lost control. I did not see any other cars involved.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    CH46E wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »

I guess he just lost control. I did not see any other cars involved.

Well done sir! Good Samaritan you are! And, I love my Benchmade collection! Glad he was allright, and you and the nurse were there to step in.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    verb wrote: »
    On another note, while searching around for 6SN7 tubes, I found these! Even @tonyb has gotta love these! :)

The problem with those is that when your feet are cold, they take a long time to warm up. :o
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Interesting. I might have some of those in a jar in the bedroom.

You keep a jar of spiders? Man you ARE twisted B)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Dave, Banchmades are the best for sure. I only have one, it’s the Griptillian Tanto but it stays in the safe. Beauty.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    ^ Tantos are all I ever use anymore, I find it handier than a curved edge in nearly all instances.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861

57nqcf8u9unp.jpeg

WTF, it would be "Shots fired, Shots fired" after I knocked it of my arm ofcourse!

Knowing what part of the country you are in would help. I dont thinks it is a Orb family though.

Confirmed: it IS a Bolas spider (I spelled it wrong originally), and they ARE part of the Orb family.

@Tony M jumping spiders are the schizz, my favorite by far since you can easily handle them with out fear of a bite, and watching them hunt is surreal.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Dave, Banchmades are the best for sure. I only have one, it’s the Griptillian Tanto but it stays in the safe. Beauty.

Yep. My other favorite is Microtech. I have a few of their OTF's !
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    verb wrote: »
    On another note, while searching around for 6SN7 tubes, I found these! Even @tonyb has gotta love these! :)
    lhxkdo984umz.png

I might agree if....the color wasn't so....girl-ish looking. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,893
    (most likely) it's a Bolo spider, part of the orb Weaver group.

What part of the country are you in?
    @Festyboy
    SoCal.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex

57nqcf8u9unp.jpeg

Confirmed: it IS a Bolas spider (I spelled it wrong originally), and they ARE part of the Orb family.

@Tony M jumping spiders are the schizz, my favorite by far since you can easily handle them with out fear of a bite, and watching them hunt is surreal.
    Awesome! Thanks! Any good links for reference (other than Wikipedia)?
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    I have spent over 1,000 days & nights in Paris over the years, for both professional and recreational pursuits, and yet, I have never been to the famous catacombs. Fascinating!

7of4hvwx5pd1.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    And you had to mention the “septic field” to spoil that?! 🤔
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    hey, we've got a nice septic field, what can I say?

to paraphrase the Four Yorkshiremen
    We used to dream o'livin' in a septic field

:)

bekptlykk4be.png
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Yes Mark. We are getting spoiled with the weather lately. The older I get I really enjoy the 4 seasons New England has to offer
    Randy/Maine