Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• CH46ECH46E Posts: 1,250
    Kex wrote: »
    Can anyone identify this? Perhaps the ever resourceful @mhardy6647? It was found crawling up my arm on the patio earlier today.

57nqcf8u9unp.jpeg

WTF, it would be "Shots fired, Shots fired" after I knocked it of my arm ofcourse!

Knowing what part of the country you are in would help. I dont thinks it is a Orb family though.
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,139
    That’s a herpe.
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball, Senn's MD HD600
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,379
    We have those. They have live birth of thousands of babies. I try to kill them before that happens. I know spiders are an important part of the ecosystem but...
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,358
    I heard somewhere if it weren't for spiders, we couldn't breath the air outside.

I tried to find that white spider and got weird feelings while looking at hundreds of pictures of spiders. I had to abort! :s :)

I HATE MOST SPIDERS, but the little hairy jumping spiders don't bother me one bit for some odd reason. Maybe since I can't see their little short legs moving, I don't care about them.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    edited October 12
    e0wm7pym89sh.jpg
    dmpdypzn8rsj.jpg

On my way home from work this happened about 6 cars in front of me. Myself and a nurse ran up and wouldn't you k ow I did not have my knife on me. I hear the 60+ year old screaming 'get me out of here". I yell for a knife and someone hands me a really freeking shard Benchmade knife. I cut the seatbelt and the guy drops. He starts to crawl out the passenger side but I see somehow he is tangled in some pipe and metal rod from the fence he took out. Myself and the nurse thought it had pierced through him. A little looking around we see it is not in him. I remove the metal and he gets out. He seemed ok and the medics took off with him. Made me realize I dont have a proper first aid kit in the car. First thing I looked for was leaking gas. Thank god we did not have that problem.

He rolled about 3 times and ended up in the fast lane on the other side of the hwy. He was lucky no one hit him.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,519
    What happened to get to this point I wonder?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
    edited October 12
    Nightfall wrote: »

I guess he just lost control. I did not see any other cars involved.
  • verbverb Posts: 8,013
    CH46E wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »

I guess he just lost control. I did not see any other cars involved.

Well done sir! Good Samaritan you are! And, I love my Benchmade collection! Glad he was allright, and you and the nurse were there to step in.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,407
    verb wrote: »
    On another note, while searching around for 6SN7 tubes, I found these! Even @tonyb has gotta love these! :)

The problem with those is that when your feet are cold, they take a long time to warm up. :o
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,742
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Interesting. I might have some of those in a jar in the bedroom.

You keep a jar of spiders? Man you ARE twisted B)
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,615
    Dave, Banchmades are the best for sure. I only have one, it’s the Griptillian Tanto but it stays in the safe. Beauty.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,737
    ^ Tantos are all I ever use anymore, I find it handier than a curved edge in nearly all instances.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,737
    Can anyone identify this? Perhaps the ever resourceful @mhardy6647? It was found crawling up my arm on the patio earlier today.

57nqcf8u9unp.jpeg

WTF, it would be "Shots fired, Shots fired" after I knocked it of my arm ofcourse!

Knowing what part of the country you are in would help. I dont thinks it is a Orb family though.

Confirmed: it IS a Bolas spider (I spelled it wrong originally), and they ARE part of the Orb family.

@Tony M jumping spiders are the schizz, my favorite by far since you can easily handle them with out fear of a bite, and watching them hunt is surreal.
  • verbverb Posts: 8,013
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Dave, Banchmades are the best for sure. I only have one, it’s the Griptillian Tanto but it stays in the safe. Beauty.

Yep. My other favorite is Microtech. I have a few of their OTF's !
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,642
    verb wrote: »
    On another note, while searching around for 6SN7 tubes, I found these! Even @tonyb has gotta love these! :)
    lhxkdo984umz.png

I might agree if....the color wasn't so....girl-ish looking. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • KexKex Posts: 3,621
    FestYboy wrote: »
    (most likely) it's a Bolo spider, part of the orb Weaver group.

What part of the country are you in?
    @Festyboy
    SoCal.
    Alea jacta est!
    FestYboy wrote: »

57nqcf8u9unp.jpeg

Confirmed: it IS a Bolas spider (I spelled it wrong originally), and they ARE part of the Orb family.

@Tony M jumping spiders are the schizz, my favorite by far since you can easily handle them with out fear of a bite, and watching them hunt is surreal.
    Awesome! Thanks! Any good links for reference (other than Wikipedia)?
    Alea jacta est!
    I have spent over 1,000 days & nights in Paris over the years, for both professional and recreational pursuits, and yet, I have never been to the famous catacombs. Fascinating!

7of4hvwx5pd1.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
    And you had to mention the “septic field” to spoil that?! 🤔
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,459
    hey, we've got a nice septic field, what can I say?

to paraphrase the Four Yorkshiremen
    We used to dream o'livin' in a septic field

:)

bekptlykk4be.png
  • boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,508
    Yes Mark. We are getting spoiled with the weather lately. The older I get I really enjoy the 4 seasons New England has to offer
    Randy / Maine
    SDA-CRS+ 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Stands w/Polk Logo & Spiked nicely
    RTA15TL 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Gloss tops shine. Spiked nicely
    Cs1000p-Yamaha-Parasound-Acurus
    MIT speaker cables-Pangea powercords
    Me, too... It takes all four seasons to make the year.
    I think my favorite is summer, though -- summer is brief but intense, and worth waiting for :)
    Those pics make me hate FL even more!
    Freaking gorgeous here this morning -- perfect fall morning. Just a kiss of frost :p
    All of the long-weekend leaf peepers are being rewarded if they hung out 'til today :|

idlqxd50v2jo.jpg