What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 362
    Hooked up a Lumin D1 and did some Tidal streaming. Happy with it so far, though I only notice a little bit of improvement over the built in DAC in my integrated. I only A/B-ed one song, so I suspect the improvements could be more noticeable in other music. Will be picking up some XLRs soon, I've read that the XLR connection sounds better than RCAs...
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    Well maybe not today but very recently moved this monster into the main rig...pictures really don't do it justice.

pc5cm0ylel42.jpg
    b6yqm1dklgv1.jpg
    uxvacsvae9ja.jpg

Beautiful bro!
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Beautiful bro![/quote]

Thanks you sir!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Turned it on this morning so that it will be warmed up for music tonight. The beer will be cold, and the stereo will be hot. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • joecoulson
    I know why you drink the beer Bud, its so you can have a clear conscious when you listen to Gaga and MM on that system... :D
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I know why you drink the beer Bud, its so you can have a clear conscious when you listen to Gaga and MM on that system... :D

It takes a LOT of beer to make Manson sound good. I didn't care for Gaga's early stuff, but after she started hanging out with Tony Bennet... she can sing.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • joecoulson
    All in good fun Bud, no harm meant...just razzin ya
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    MM - the new **** is an awesome track with great dynamic range
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Well maybe not today but very recently moved this monster into the main rig...pictures really don't do it justice.

b6yqm1dklgv1.jpg

It has the look with the TWO KNOBS!! And how does it sound compared to your A308 previously? Only 500 of Trivista's made I read somewhere. The MF sound is the best I have heard. I have a MF 3.2 in my bedroom with my 2B's. I enjoy an A5 at my girlfriend's house.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Girls went Sat shopping.

Givin the Monitor 500's a good old fashioned "leg stretchin" B)

Even Hazel is tappin her paw. :p
  • Gerres26

b6yqm1dklgv1.jpg

It has the look with the TWO KNOBS!! And how does it sound compared to your A308 previously? Only 500 of Trivista's made I read somewhere. The MF sound is the best I have heard. I have a MF 3.2 in my bedroom with my 2B's. I enjoy an A5 at my girlfriend's house.

It has the typical MF house sound but takes it to a whole other level. I've owned the A5 and A308 and they are both excellent pieces especially for the price but the TriVista is just so smooth to listen to and seems to do everything right...not to mention the seemingly limitless power. Its the best most musically involving piece I've had in my setup to date. Besting my Aragon, Belles, McCormack, and PS audio seperates.
  • joecoulson
    BHK separates? Or stellar?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited August 2019
    1bskzlv6ngv1.jpg

Giving the Bluesound Node 2 a break hooked up a Chromecast to the Dac in my Oppo 105D via optical so I can crank the tunes and give the A9'S a workout. This John 5 is great for turning up very Steve Vai like or Joe Satriani like with a little good ol boys country like picking on a couple of tracks.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Gerres26
    joecoulson wrote: »
    BHK separates? Or stellar?

Stellar gain cell dac/pre paired with an Aragon 8008
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    Added a Bluetooth receiver.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited August 2019
    I swapped out my too big for my new room SDA 2B's for Dynaudio bookies and Skylan stands. They sound much better in here than the SDA's.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Recorded a bunch of LP's and converted them to FLAC for storage on my hard drive. I hope to be completed by the end of September with the transfers.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    Tony. Good job. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    These Dynaudio's sound better than I've ever heard them since getting 'em. Must just of needed a smaller room. No longer for sale. :D

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited August 2019
    I just went back out for 40 min. and was playing some Cds I found earlier tonight. I noticed settings on the receiver front row of buttons. I thought maybe something is wrong with them and pushed the button. The front left and center and right was set to +7 for each. Maybe I had the gain set to that. I brought it back to zero for the 3 and then checked surround mode button. It showed stereo. Ok. Now to put another CD in.

Pure Funk. The red swirly cover issue.

DANG! Man these little AR4x's are more AWSOME! They sound like they did when I first hooked them up the night I found them. Maybe it was the next night, I forgot already.

The bass was fuller and tight. the mids were more smoother and the highs were just as bright as before. Clear and bright but not too bright since I dialed the switches back a bit the other night.

They sounded really BIG and balanced again. Maybe my wife would've liked them the way they sound now. Add a subwoofer maybe for the lows, They would make for an awesome system. Bright or soft, the dial in the back will make them sound the way you prefer. ;)

This sure is a crazy hobby. I still haven't switched receivers for the POLK RTA12b's, Triton Ones or these AR4x's yet. I'll re-listen again to the Tritons and the 12b's tomorrow to see if lowering those settings helps them sound even better also! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Nightfall wrote: »
    These Dynaudio's sound better than I've ever heard them since getting 'em. Must just of needed a smaller room. No longer for sale. :D

Josh,

I'm really glad to read this and I'm very happy they are working out for you! Best bookies I've veer owned!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I swapped out my too big for my new room SDA 2B's for Dynaudio bookies and Skylan stands. They sound much better in here than the SDA's.

Funny I switched out my SDAs for some Large Advents. Much better than the overload I was getting from the 2Bs.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • BlueFox
    As a previous SDA 2B owner I agree that while they were great, other speakers sound better.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited August 2019
    They are probably the best speaker I have ever owned. Just finding the right room for them has been a challenge.

Synergy has just never been there. I won't give up on them but it is time for them to take a back seat until a bigger room presents itself.

Plus the Advents tame the brighter nature of the Adcom. Enough juice to get the bass flowing and the mids are great.

No more fussing with center image and just knowing things don't sound right!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Tony M said:
    Now we're both 62 and I felt like "do I make a move on her?" :smiley:

A classic statement, and I know the feeling!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Nightfall
    @verb Congrats on the graduation!