What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Options

Comments

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    8httviv18b85.jpg

Picked up this Vincent SP-331 a week and a half ago. In fact Mike @02guy found it on CL in Asheville for a screaming deal! So Russ @lightman1 Mike and I split the price in thirds.

Todays the first time I've had a chance to hook it up and enjoy it. I'm warming it up nicely.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    edited June 2019
    Options
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    8httviv18b85.jpg

Picked up this Vincent SP-331 a week and a half ago. In fact Mike @02guy found it on CL in Asheville for a screaming deal! So Russ @lightman1 Mike and I split the price in thirds.

Todays the first time I've had a chance to hook it up and enjoy it. I'm warming it up nicely.
    Glad it sounds good now, but I bet it’s gonna sound pretty bad after the other guys come and collect their third. Why would anyone want to cut a nice amp up three ways is beyond me.

Russ won’t collect his third anyway... and that staircase screams “All in The Family”, btw.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    So, do the three owners each get it for four months a year?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Russ won’t collect his third anyway... and that staircase screams “All in The Family”, btw.

I might have to buy Mike's third on this one. >:)
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Gotta remember....years ago, 8 or 9 people went in on a record flattener. The concept and inception worked great until after the 3rd year (after constant use), it broke.

Everyone still got their money's worth.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    8httviv18b85.jpg

Very nice! Love the floor too! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Love it. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Looking good!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Options
    I picked up a Sony HAPZ1 ES today at a local dealers warehouse sale for a ridiculously low price. I have been considering this piece for several years. In great cosmetic shape. Having fun playing with it tonight.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    Played with placement and listened for a few hours :-p

Also ordered some acoustic panels (4 x 24*48) to mess around with. I dont feel my room needs to much tuning, but maybe a little :-)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    4g0tesgxnfmt.jpg

As a Mechanical Engineer, that thing is one of exquisite beauty! Oh, the engineering drawings, tolerance stack ups, machining and material specifications, testing and validation, I could go on. That would have been a fun project to work on! :smile:
    Indeed! Looking at it closer, you can see that the anti-skate adjustment relates directly to the VTF adjustment...and that makes sense.

There is a steel string wrapped around the VTF roller adjustment dial, and that string is one end of a spring held within the back of the tonearm tube.

And as you can see, the tension of that string rests against the anti-skate roller with a red line, and a blue line. The AS roller has a blue line for adjustiing conical/spherical styli, and a red line for adjusting elliptical or other fancy styli.

I appreciate how Micro Seiki related VTF to Anti-Skate in engineering this tonearm.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    I now have two Logic DM-101 turntable decks. I really love the suspended chassis design of these Scottish(?) turntables. I am installing a Micro Seiki MA-707 tonearm on one of them.
    a6ug5r6wuqa9.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Pic of the rack re-design,new speaker stands, and new foliage. I sold my phon pre to fund the amp, so turntable is out of commission for now.
    hhuhoyaxmti9.jpeg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Nice acoustic plants.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    edited July 2019
    Options
    3nbkrsesegb5.jpg
    Added DH Labs Silver plated OCC copper 14ga. wire to my 2.3tl's. sounding very good.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice acoustic plants.
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Pic of the rack re-design,new speaker stands, and new foliage. I sold my phon pre to fund the amp, so turntable is out of commission for now.
    hhuhoyaxmti9.jpeg

Looks like James Bond hiding behind the plants.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Nice acoustic plants.

:)

although, I must admit, when I think of acoustic plants, I usually think of something more along the lines of this.

5tmpeex5t66v.png

B) *

or maybe...

v7ojdynbt5qe.png

or, yes, even...

lh31jpyynim5.png

True story: one of my clients as a consultant has a substantial facility located right at the bottom of the big hill that hosts the above-mentioned company's main (and very imposing) HQ building :p The site is called "The Mountain" -- it is a former, now capped landfill. :)

Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    3nbkrsesegb5.jpg
    Added DH Labs Silver plated OCC copper 14ga. wire to my 2.3tl's. sounding very good.

Dang! Driver rustlers done struck agin! Form a posse, Earl!

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    Nice acoustic plants.
    hhuhoyaxmti9.jpeg

Looks like James Bond hiding behind the plants.

Not doin' a very good job o' it, is 'e?
    Oi mean, you'da tho't 'e'd seen this, wot wif bein' a Brit and all...

https://youtu.be/C-M2hs3sXGo
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    hhuhoyaxmti9.jpeg

Were you lucky enough to pick up some T4S Totem stands when they were available or are those 3rd party?
    Either way, they look great!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Finally got a chance to add this unit to my rig yesterday and give it a good listen.
    8z6jbxwct59t.jpg
    Post edited by motorstereo on
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I think that if I had a Flux-50 Filter, it would behoove me to break it in listening to this...

https://youtu.be/U_qHU_6Ofc0
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    hhuhoyaxmti9.jpeg

I think I see Bond, James Bond hiding behind your plant. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 306
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Connected the computer to a Pro-ject DAC Box S2 Plus, and have been listening to Tidal on the main rig. Nice, except for all-too-frequent glitching. Not sure what to do about it. Tidal has suggested switching to public DNS server over the one the cable modem/ISP uses by default. I know I'm way behind the curve on this stuff, but any suggestions from you all?
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    What speed internet do you have and are you streaming 44.1 files (hifi subscription)?
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    Connected the computer to a Pro-ject DAC Box S2 Plus, and have been listening to Tidal on the main rig. Nice, except for all-too-frequent glitching. Not sure what to do about it. Tidal has suggested switching to public DNS server over the one the cable modem/ISP uses by default. I know I'm way behind the curve on this stuff, but any suggestions from you all?

Go into the GUI of your router (type your IP address on your web browser), login (the credentials are usually admin / admin, if not look at your manual or contact ISP). Set your DNS to 8.8.8.8 which is Google's public DNS.

Skip brings up a good point, make sure your router/gateway is set for Docsis 3.0 which should be able to handle that fast of a data transfer.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 306
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thank you all! Here's a snip of my modem speeds. No wifi; just USB cable to DAC. I'm using the Tidal Premium service; not the hi-fi stream. I will make that DNS switch; modem is Docsis 3.0. 9wrnlaga8xmz.png

Appreciate the help!
    Post edited by Dr_Wu on
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Thank you all! Here's a snip of my modem speeds. No wifi; just USB cable to DAC. I'm using the Tidal Premium service; not the hi-fi stream. I will make that DNS switch; modem is Docsis 3.0. 9wrnlaga8xmz.png

Appreciate the help!

Typically, on the DNS side of things, it is best practice to use your primary router as your first DNS source (pointing the router's DNS to Google, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively) and then use Google's primary public DNS as your computer's secondary DNS (8.8.8.8)

Depending one who your ISP is and where you are located, *sometimes* the ISP's public DNS is pretty close to as fast as Google since...well they mostly use Google for their DNS. Hehe
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Connected the computer to a Pro-ject DAC Box S2 Plus, and have been listening to Tidal on the main rig. Nice, except for all-too-frequent glitching.

To me it sounds like you are describing USB audio dropouts due to an issue with your PC, unrelated to Tidal, your network hardware/configuration, or the speed of your internet connection.