Showcase your setups

18911131422

Comments

  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 4,146
    halo wrote: »
    krazypolk wrote: »

    Some smell like a wicked phart that's already heppened.

    Nah, all those probiotics (listed) are pretty tasty ;)

    I took a whiff of some kumbucha something or another and it quickly went to the trash.
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,709
    edited October 2018
    joecoulson wrote: »
    6afmmt3vip5x.jpeg
    Would love to center my sub. Just hate to jack my tv up higher to get there.
    I don't think it would require the TV to be touched. I'm sure you could find two racks and add a custom top. or a Design Your Own Salamander Synergy, VTI, DIY, etc to get it done.

    0k4yva84o3vt.png

    proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.audioholics.com%2Fforums%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D6855%26stc%3D1%26d%3D1233692809&hash=55835ef1dd9441a2606a514466544386
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,176
    WLDock wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    6afmmt3vip5x.jpeg
    Would love to center my sub. Just hate to jack my tv up higher to get there.
    I don't think it would require the TV to be touched. I'm sure you could find two racks and add a custom top. or a Design Your Own Salamander Synergy, VTI, DIY, etc to get it done.

    0k4yva84o3vt.png

    proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.audioholics.com%2Fforums%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D6855%26stc%3D1%26d%3D1233692809&hash=55835ef1dd9441a2606a514466544386
    Whoa! Hands off my living room brah!

    Yeah I’m just worried all the network/modem/mass of wires for entertainment would look like doo doo in an open rack.

    Side note that the AQ power change I just made seemed to center the bass more and seamless than before.

    Thank You for the thought though my man!
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • halohalo Posts: 5,487
    scubalab wrote: »
    Not final yet and in a temporary location, but man, am I loving the 2-channel setup!

    tz0ry3ogbk9a.jpeg

    Vincent SV-236MK integrated amp (from @ZLTFUL )
    Cambridge Audio 651P phono pre (from @Rick88 )
    Polk Audio RTA11 speakers (from @F1nut )
    Audio Technical AT-LP120-USB (purchased locally)
    5-shelf glass rack (from @stangman67 )

    Looks like audio nirvana to me Al :)

    Having owned those speakers, I know what they can do for you. Enjoy!
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,897
    Thanks Victor!

    It really is a shame that I haven't really spent a lot of time with this setup just yet. Heck, I've had the speakers from Jesse since June and the integrated from Ryan for at least 5-6 weeks. I've probably only spent a total of 1/2 hour listening before moving the setup into our guest bedroom yesterday. I spent about 45 minutes listening to some records and streamed music yesterday and was truly blown away. I can only imagine how much better it will sound when I get it set up in a more ideal configuration.

    Also forgot to list the Zu Audio Libtec speaker cables that are still burning in.

    Looking at some of the other systems in this thread... man, there are some absolutely beautiful setups some folks have!!
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,307
    scubalab wrote: »
    Not final yet and in a temporary location, but man, am I loving the 2-channel setup!

    tz0ry3ogbk9a.jpeg

    Vincent SV-236MK integrated amp (from @ZLTFUL )
    Cambridge Audio 651P phono pre (from @Rick88 )
    Polk Audio RTA11 speakers (from @F1nut )
    Audio Technical AT-LP120-USB (purchased locally)
    5-shelf glass rack (from @stangman67 )


    Looking great Al! Bet that sounds fantastic
    2 Channel - Dual Purpose system in the works

    Polk LSIM707 I Polk LSIM 706C I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I B&K Ref 200.7 I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs throughout I Streamer and surrounds TBD


  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,709
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Side note that the AQ power change I just made seemed to center the bass more and seamless than before. Thank You for the thought though my man!
    No Problem. Good to hear that you figured it out. I'm my experience, the larger centers that I've used like the CS1000p, LSiM706c, and now my current Boston VR920 all helped in center anchoring of the bass. You hear it right away going from a smaller center to a larger one....provided the sub is already well integrated.

    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • Scuba, those pads isolate that TT pretty well? I know they do mine.


    And did they finally air out....lol.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

    Other; S60'S, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.


    tonyb said " but even socialists can do a good thing here and there

    Social media makes dumb people dumber and smart people dumb then dumber.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,041
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I’m confused

    So is Russ
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,897
    Scuba, those pads isolate that TT pretty well? I know they do mine.


    And did they finally air out....lol.

    LOL - yes, they did finally air out! I didn’t notice a huge difference, but they did help isolate the TT a little. The visible movement of the drivers is all but gone. They isolated the Audio Technical TT better than the Rega or the MCS. Good thing too since that’s the table that’s staying.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,609
    ^^^Sweet! Gotta get back over there for some listening time. Rock on Victor!
  • halohalo Posts: 5,487
    lightman1 wrote: »
    ^^^Sweet! Gotta get back over there for some listening time. Rock on Victor!

    You bet Russ!!

    DSkip wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    3yym72ct6y23.jpg

    1. Spikes.
    2. Toe them in.
    3. Grills off when listening.
    4. At some points I've also tried elevating the rear more than the front. Play with that and see if it improves.

    Thanks for the tips Skip!

    Can’t do spikes on the composite flooring and still be able to move them around. I’ll think about the spikes when I get them placed optimally.

    They are toed in. lol. I need to toe in the right a little more. Where do you recommend the tweeter placement? Directly at the ears? ? # of inches outside the ears? I have to buy a longer power cable so I can move the whole rack, and speakers, to the left.

    Ok on the grills off. :)

    I can try elevating the rear :)

  • halohalo Posts: 5,487
    DSkip wrote: »
    I liked them about 6" off axis from my ears. I also liked them more when my ears were level with the woofer.

    My ears sit a bit higher than most people when listening. I’m 6’ 3” and sit kinda high up in the wheelchair compared to an able bodied person sitting lower in a recliner or on a couch. ;)

    I will keep adjusting as best I can to get great results.

    These speakers look fantastic. The finish is smooth as glass. They had some smudges and spots on them when they got here but I used Über rinseless car wash, mixed with distilled water, applied with a Chemical Guys microfiber towel.

    Wondering if any of the past owners put a coat of auto wax on these? @vcwatkins @kharp1 Perhaps the original owner Craig got them from on eBay?

    I talked to Dave @daboyz and he just used a damp cloth.
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 3,463
    No. I never used anything other than a damp microfiber cloth. I did use a piece of gym floor mat as cushion for a 25lb hexagonal dumbbell placed on top of the speakers. I did this to determine if I wanted to order shot for the fill pockets. I did notice improvement by adding weight.
  • halohalo Posts: 5,487
    kharp1 wrote: »
    No. I never used anything other than a damp microfiber cloth. I did use a piece of gym floor mat as cushion for a 25lb hexagonal dumbbell placed on top of the speakers. I did this to determine if I wanted to order shot for the fill pockets. I did notice improvement by adding weight.

    Thanks Kerry :)
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 7,297
    Skip

    Are these the same as what I heard at your old place?
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs TSDx/Bluesound Node 2 -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> ??? -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers + JL Audio F113v2 x2
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Oppo 105D -> Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2


    Main speakers system evolution over the years:
    Klipsch Promedia 4.1 -> Axiom M22ti -> Sonus Faber Concertino -> Sonus Faber Concerto -> Polk LSi7 -> Polk LSi9 -> Martin Logan Mosaic -> AV123 Onix Ref 1 -> Martin Logan Vantage -> AV123 Strata Mini -> Martin Logan Summit -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor -> BW 802D2 -> Sonus Faber Stradivari -> Rockport Avior -> BW 802D3 -> BW 800D3 -> ???

    Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source:
    Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification:
    Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased) -> ARC 5se -> ???
    Amplification:
    HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer:
    Infinity Entra2 -> SVS 25-31PCi -> SVS 25-31PC+ -> Dual JL Audio F113v2
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 7,297
    DSkip wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Skip

    Are these the same as what I heard at your old place?

    I don't remember you hearing a pair of 6311, but these are the same ones I owned. You heard the Mini X.

    I heard those if you had them. I recall comparing them to the minix
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs TSDx/Bluesound Node 2 -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> ??? -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers + JL Audio F113v2 x2
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Oppo 105D -> Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2


    Main speakers system evolution over the years:
    Klipsch Promedia 4.1 -> Axiom M22ti -> Sonus Faber Concertino -> Sonus Faber Concerto -> Polk LSi7 -> Polk LSi9 -> Martin Logan Mosaic -> AV123 Onix Ref 1 -> Martin Logan Vantage -> AV123 Strata Mini -> Martin Logan Summit -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor -> BW 802D2 -> Sonus Faber Stradivari -> Rockport Avior -> BW 802D3 -> BW 800D3 -> ???

    Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source:
    Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification:
    Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased) -> ARC 5se -> ???
    Amplification:
    HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer:
    Infinity Entra2 -> SVS 25-31PCi -> SVS 25-31PC+ -> Dual JL Audio F113v2
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,919
    Joey_V wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Skip

    Are these the same as what I heard at your old place?

    I don't remember you hearing a pair of 6311, but these are the same ones I owned. You heard the Mini X.

    I heard those if you had them. I recall comparing them to the minix

    you heard the usher 6381's along with the mini dancer 2 at my house.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2, Gabriel Gold Reckoning
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,176
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Kinda hokey compared to to others here but great ambiance.

    1s0dq58z2i8i.jpg

    That an HD radio tuner in that rack?
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,966
    halo wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    I liked them about 6" off axis from my ears. I also liked them more when my ears were level with the woofer.

    My ears sit a bit higher than most people when listening. I’m 6’ 3” and sit kinda high up in the wheelchair compared to an able bodied person sitting lower in a recliner or on a couch. ;)

    I will keep adjusting as best I can to get great results.

    These speakers look fantastic. The finish is smooth as glass. They had some smudges and spots on them when they got here but I used Über rinseless car wash, mixed with distilled water, applied with a Chemical Guys microfiber towel.

    Wondering if any of the past owners put a coat of auto wax on these? @vcwatkins @kharp1 Perhaps the original owner Craig got them from on eBay?

    I talked to Dave @daboyz and he just used a damp cloth.

    I bought them used in South Carolina. Don't think the original owner did anything. I generally use a dry microfiber cloth. It's possible I used a bit of the Gibson guitar polish; not certain.

    My preferred placement was a bit wider than usual (probably close to an equilateral triangle) and toed in to a few degrees outside of direct line (a few feet behind listener's noggin). I did not try adjusting up/down and never got around to adding weight.

    Nice rig, enjoy!
    Den: Roon (Sonic Transporter) * PS Audio DirectStream Jr. * Adcom GFP-750 * Sunfire Signature II * PSAudio PP3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2
    Study: Roon * ProJect Stream Box Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * PSA Dectet * DH Labs Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354
    Studio: Roon * LG v30 phone * Dared MP-5 * DefTech SM45
    Beach: Rega RP6 * AT33PTGII * Budgie SUT * Jolida jd9 * Roon * Sonore UltraRendu (LPS-1, WW Plat7, Iso Regen, Lush) * Schiit Yggdrasil * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 / First Watt F5 Clone * PSA Dectet * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl
    Beach Den: Sonore microRendu * Dayens Menuetto * Fostex BK-12m Folded Horn / KEF LS50 / Dynaudio Audience 50 / Revel M22

  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 4,146
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    I liked them about 6" off axis from my ears. I also liked them more when my ears were level with the woofer.

    My ears sit a bit higher than most people when listening. I’m 6’ 3” and sit kinda high up in the wheelchair compared to an able bodied person sitting lower in a recliner or on a couch. ;)

    I will keep adjusting as best I can to get great results.

    These speakers look fantastic. The finish is smooth as glass. They had some smudges and spots on them when they got here but I used Über rinseless car wash, mixed with distilled water, applied with a Chemical Guys microfiber towel.

    Wondering if any of the past owners put a coat of auto wax on these? @vcwatkins @kharp1 Perhaps the original owner Craig got them from on eBay?

    I talked to Dave @daboyz and he just used a damp cloth.

    I bought them used in South Carolina. Don't think the original owner did anything. I generally use a dry microfiber cloth. It's possible I used a bit of the Gibson guitar polish; not certain.

    My preferred placement was a bit wider than usual (probably close to an equilateral triangle) and toed in to a few degrees outside of direct line (a few feet behind listener's noggin). I did not try adjusting up/down and never got around to adding weight.

    Nice rig, enjoy!

    That's a wonderful product, especially on the piano black found on the LSI lineup. m543ukmroi00.jpg
  • halohalo Posts: 5,487
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    I bought them used in South Carolina. Don't think the original owner did anything. I generally use a dry microfiber cloth. It's possible I used a bit of the Gibson guitar polish; not certain.

    My preferred placement was a bit wider than usual (probably close to an equilateral triangle) and toed in to a few degrees outside of direct line (a few feet behind listener's noggin). I did not try adjusting up/down and never got around to adding weight.

    Nice rig, enjoy!

    Thanks :)

    I read through the thread when you bought them from the original owner on eBay with local pickup. Heck of a deal you got on these many moons ago :)
    la2vegas wrote: »
    That's a wonderful product, especially on the piano black found on the LSI lineup. m543ukmroi00.jpg

    Thanks for the heads up!
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 3,580
    edited October 2018
    Some of you guys take this shet way to serious.

    Some really nice rooms as well as setups.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

    Other; S60'S, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.


    tonyb said " but even socialists can do a good thing here and there

    Social media makes dumb people dumber and smart people dumb then dumber.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,404
    @jonicont.... sorry, but I have to ask... who in their right mind hangs a cutout of a Mustang II on their wall? :p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

    Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

    “If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • jonicontjonicont Posts: 230
    @jonicont.... sorry, but I have to ask... who in their right mind hangs a cutout of a Mustang II on their wall? :p;)

    😄😄😄😄 good eye! From a great song about racing called Daddy's Cup
    SDA 2BTL , DREADNAUGHT, REGA P3-24 (TT-PSU),Groovetracer sub platter, Delrin platter, Origin Live Encounter tonearm, DYNAVECTOR 20X2 LOMC, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, MIT AVT MA IC'S & SPEAKER CABLESCambridge cxn v2

  • jonicontjonicont Posts: 230
    @jonicont.... sorry, but I have to ask... who in their right mind hangs a cutout of a Mustang II on their wall? :p;)

    Custom piece from an artist named Ben Lamb. He does a lot of Rock and movie themed pieces. Also happens to be the bass player for Lydia Loveless. https://www.etsy.com/shop/3rdShiftDesigner/items

    That's the songwriter sitting in the car. It's 3 dimensional

    0cba19m7alpx.jpg


    SDA 2BTL , DREADNAUGHT, REGA P3-24 (TT-PSU),Groovetracer sub platter, Delrin platter, Origin Live Encounter tonearm, DYNAVECTOR 20X2 LOMC, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, MIT AVT MA IC'S & SPEAKER CABLESCambridge cxn v2

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!