Polkfest 2012

kab
kab Posts: 275
We've finally arrived at a date...

Mark your calendars for PolkFest, the big four oh!

At HQ on Friday Sept 21st.

We're still working out the details but you can bet we'll be ready to celebrate, believe it or not, forty years with all of you who made it possible. And so much fun.

AGENDA:

PolkFest
September 21st – In Office
9:00 Welcome
Show Polk Anthem Video
Opening Statements - KAB
Speaking Bawlmer - Stu
Show Music Diary
Break into Groups

9:45 Tour 7 stations
Tour 1
Tour 2
Group UF6000, 8000, - Video- Joe Phelps
SB5000 or substitute – Main - Steve Kahn
SB9000 – Front demo - ASB
LSiM 2 Channel – Lab 4 - MJS
LSiM 7.1 Channel – CI Lab - KAB or equivalent

1:05 LUNCH
2:00 Research Presentation _ LSiM
3:00 Break
3:20 Q&A - Feedback on demos, products, forum, website, recommendations, criticisms, accolades, questions, etc.
4:15 Award Ceremony
4:30 Giveaways?

Al
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited January 2012
    I've been really looking forward to this - but, I probably cannot make it that weekend, as it is in the middle of the Jewish holidays. Hope y'all have a blast!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2012
    This is going to be GOOD!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited January 2012
    In for my first Polkfest (and I think Mrs. Inspiredsports will even be attending!).
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • michael1947
    michael1947 Posts: 775
    edited January 2012
    Where is this fest held...Baltimore. Are there details posted.
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited January 2012
    This is going to be a good one.

Although that fact it'll be at HQ (in Baltimore) has been known for a bit now, this is the first official information post regarding it. Stay tuned, clear the schedule, it'll be a great time.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited January 2012
    Excellent! I look forward to seeing all of you there. I think this will be a well attended event!
    Carl

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited January 2012
    You had to schedule it ON my wife's birthday lol.... Think that's a no fly zone........
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited January 2012
    Oh, that's like, 20 miles... I sure hope I can make the trek. :wink::biggrin:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    edited January 2012
    Can I have off that day ???? :cheesygrin:
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited January 2012
    F1nut wrote: »
    This is going to be GOOD!!!

Agreed! Can't wait.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited January 2012
    Excellent, if this date is indeed set in stone, I can easily push my vacation back one week for this. Sweet!
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2012
    Good to know this far in advance because that's going to be a difficult date to schedule. All depends on my own schedule, which, fortunately, I do have "some" control over! Would hate to miss this one!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2012
    I believe a cameo appearance is in order.
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited January 2012
    So I asked the girl if she would accompany me to this event and we have talked about making it a week's vacation. I just have to actually get on an airplane... that will be a interesting first time ordeal.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    edited January 2012
    Riding on a plane is not to bad... its the taking off and landing that sucks...

I should be able to make it - I just do not schedule things that far in advance lol
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Drenis
    edited January 2012
    VR3 wrote: »
    Riding on a plane is not to bad... its the taking off and landing that sucks...

Well I'm terrified to fly. Seen too many "crashes" to make me want to drive anywhere. It's a very touchy subject that holds me back... yet I LOVE aircraft and the concept of flying...
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2012
    Dude! Aren't you like one of those under 30-35 year old guys? And, if so, don't you know you're supposed to think you're "immortal" at that age? Get with the program! Air travel is one of the safest modes available.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Drenis
    edited January 2012
    cnh wrote: »
    Dude! Aren't you like one of those under 30-35 year old guys? And, if so, don't you know you're supposed to think you're "immortal" at that age? Get with the program! Air travel is one of the safest modes available.

cnh

I'm 26. Immortal? Come on... and I would disagree about it being safe. But I don't want to start a big war on that opinion. I feel old.
  • rromeo923
    rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
    edited January 2012
    Start walking now! See u there!
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited January 2012
    I'm there! A nice easy trek from NOVA. I'll make sure that Friday is my AWS.:wink:
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited January 2012
    nap wrote: »
    Can I have off that day ???? :cheesygrin:

Off? Who's gonna pump the kegs???
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    edited January 2012
    Always during high school football season. :-/ oh well the life of a high school band director.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited January 2012
    Got my time off request for the whole week of and Monday after politest. Now just gotta find something to do.that week hmmm
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2012

Yes, in Baltimore at Polk HQ on Friday. You will get a tour and see all kinds of really cool stuff Polk uses to design, test and make prototypes. You will also get to demo current speakers and maybe some in the works. You will be treated to a fantastic lunch and most likely live music played by some of the guys at Polk. Friday night a bunch of folks will go out to dinner. Saturday, the real party starts and continues into the night. Sunday, you go home having a new appreciation for the good people at Polk and the products they make. You will also (hopefully) have made some new friends.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Drenis
    edited January 2012
    F1nut wrote: »
    You will also (hopefully) have made some new friends.

See if I can win you and h9 over with some beers.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2012
    Trying to get a co-worker to move his vacation days around so I can have those days off.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited January 2012
    Nice! I'm all in for this.
    wait-
    DORO isn't gonna be there is he???:cry:
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2012
    Very cool I wont miss this for anything! If you have never been to a fest this will be one to attend. The last one a HQ was a blast.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited January 2012
    Is someone local hosting further weekend festivities at an alternate location?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited January 2012
    I'm hoping the real trouble shows up! That and it would be great to finally meet some of you guys in person. Woot I'm excited. Anyone want to go on and audio quest with me the week prior. I got nothing to do :(