Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,488
    Brazil! Great movie.
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,343
    edited June 10
    I found this a little funny. Music Direct uses "NHT" Now Hear This and thier ad does not feature a single NHT model. Just a little chuckle.

5d3uqgosg1jb.jpg
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,062
    CH46E wrote: »
    I found this a little funny. Music Direct uses "NHT" Now Hear This and thier ad does not feature a single NHT model. Just a little chuckle.

5d3uqgosg1jb.jpg

Yeah, that kind of stuck in my craw, too!
    On the bright side, Ken Kantor has a pretty active presence at Flikr (not too much hifi, but some nice images).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/a-photography/
    https://www.flickr.com/people/a-photography/
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,343
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Oh yeah!

jcnquncbssiq.jpg

I'd trade you FL for AZ anyday!!! Where in FL are you visiting?
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,408
    I don't see the humor. Just face your back towards the bricks and swing away from the wall...

:p
    “If your eyes didn’t water, it means I didn’t go deep enough” says the nurse administering my COVID19 test. She was sweet...
  • halo71halo71 Posts: 4,493
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    On the bright side, Ken Kantor has a pretty active presence at Flikr (not too much hifi,

I have 2 pairs of NHT's he designed. VT2's and VT3's. Wonder what happened to him on AK. Hasn't been around in a long time.

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • AlmaGarciaAlmaGarcia Posts: 50
    qo2tahq7b9tg.jpg
    2019 season opener vs the Colts.
    *Polk employee; formerly known as CassidyStains and Meganpolkaudio

This is actually my main account, feel free to reach out if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding the forum.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,915
    Ken, are those custom shelves for the vinyl?
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 7,147
    The salmon colored shelves were built when I lived in Baltimore. The black ones are from Ikea, we added metal feet and a masonite back. Here are some early photos when we first moved here showing the transplant shelves after we repainted them.wji4wjl7no35.jpg
    ot1yb3b1bd8q.jpg
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
    edited June 11
    xl6wd7i8y6at.jpg

My wife photoshopped a representation of what everything might look like. We ended needing two more of the Ikea shelves to fit the records. Plus several other record shelves that we also brought from Baltimore.
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
    halo71 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    On the bright side, Ken Kantor has a pretty active presence at Flikr (not too much hifi,

I have 2 pairs of NHT's he designed. VT2's and VT3's. Wonder what happened to him on AK. Hasn't been around in a long time.

As so often (and so unfortunately) seems to happen to real experts when they show up on enthusiast forums, he got picked at by some folks who didn't agree with/accept certain of his positions, so he moved along. Danged shame, IMO. He is a fine fellow based on my interactions with him (which have mostly concerned photography, amusingly enough).

• KexKex Posts: 4,317
    These photos show how the record storage finally turned out, the area behind the listening area are six shorter record cabinets.
    Very classy presentation! 🤩
    Alea jacta est!
    edited June 11
    baejd42co01a.jpg

Yay. :/

We've been seeing this one twice a day for three or four days now. Don't like seein' 'em in the daytime. They're not supposed to be out in the daytime... but this one does not seem to be sick (i.e., rabid -- sheesh, did I really type rabbit, or did Autocorrect see me comin'? :| ). Seems to be feeding; maybe supporting a brood?

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,617
    Ouch!

Ken, is your listening area on a slab in the new digs?

yle8z9i2t3cm.png

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,280
    mbvodbpuuzg9.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,559
    Ha! That looks like a parking lot!
    A bunch of modded goodies that sound "like killer sweet!"
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 1,494
    These photos show how the record storage finally turned out, the area behind the listening area are six shorter record cabinets.3c27oa5omv35.jpg
    s101nr5xl5qw.jpg

Very nice room!

Is it just an optical illusion, or does the ceiling slope up towards the speakers?

s0juxfv78s31.jpeg
    Thanks, the ceilings are all the same height.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,763
    Ken, the room looks great, however I think you might need a few more records.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT - Parasound P6 - Parasound A21+ - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u

HT - Panasonic BDP/Tivo Bolt - Marantz SR5013 - Def tech C and In ceiling - Sony XBR 75"
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,231
    e5x2h4nuz327.jpg

Ken,
    You and your wife have done a great design and decorating job on that "audio" space.

I meant to ask you this when I first saw the Shoji screens at the end of the room. Is that an end wall the screens are covering? And what is behind regarding the lighting?

Did the Ikea shelves come with the legs or did you put metal legs on the Ikea shelves?

You mentioned Baltimore; what city/state do you live now, if I may ask?

Glad you remain a dedicated member of this forum!

Harry Jones
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,203
    edited June 12
    That R2R on top of the record cabinet looks like a female robot head.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

mmm -- looks like a Tandberg 64 to me ;)