Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,460
    Options
    hflwhz781lpf.jpg

Down to 7 degrees and my dog and I are outside peeing and WOW the night sky is clear!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,135
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    hflwhz781lpf.jpg

Down to 7 degrees and my dog and I are outside peeing and WOW the night sky is clear!
    [emphasis added]
    TMI but nice photo B)

meanwhile, in the cat-keeping, Latin-speaking parts of the interwebz

r3y3n744jnb9.png
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    tyb7umtve77j.jpeg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,389
    Options
    Dare ya!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I had a little extra pocket change.
    .....and I was drink. 🙃

va601xxg79am.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,451
    Options
    tyb7umtve77j.jpeg
    Dude, you haven't even given enough time for COVID-22 to hit yet. Do you know something we don't?

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,650
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    z8ld3w9yszm6.jpg

I bet that is one smooth riding vehicle.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Redneck rice at its finest?
  • treitz3
    Options
    Zero to 60 in 4.0 minutes flat.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    That's quite the deal ! That whole piece of transportation nirvana just screams "Class" !
    👍🤗

Probably already sold by now
    😩😥
    Sal Palooza
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,365
    Options
    How does one gracefully enter and exit?
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • treitz3
    Options
    This is called the "Tilt Test" that helped prove that London's Double-Decker buses were safe and not a tipping hazard, circa 1933.

5m7lqqdokyux.png

Tom
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
  • treitz3
    Options
    I am surprised that there is no more oceanic life than there is. That's the beginning of a reef! Cool photo, nonetheless. Even if it is photo-shopped (which I am not claiming it is).

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    jfkxiuu630fs.png

Tom
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,579
    edited January 2022
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    This is called the "Tilt Test" that helped prove that London's Double-Decker buses were safe and not a tipping hazard, circa 1933.

5m7lqqdokyux.png

Tom

Looks like they were trying to fool someone. I see chains holding it down. Also the pendulum points outside (center of gravity?) the right side of the bus. That should be impossible right? Not to mention the back rope at the top of the bus looks to be pulled tight.

Funny too that Tom's bus pic appears to be at the same angle as MrBigbluelite's ship photo in the next post. Hahah
  • treitz3
    Options
    Hi, Chris! Happy New Years to you and yours, sir! The chains might still be "loose" but that's a good catch. I didn't notice that before. I was thinking that if Oprah had climbed up into the second story?

All bets would be off at that point.

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    27esv9nzj3x9.jpg

If this is your bumper sticker you are an ash hole.

It's the US not Canada...left lane is a passing lane

Hmmmm

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/culture/commuting/is-the-left-lane-just-reserved-for-passing/article37990066/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    The bus and sunken ship look to be ballpark 30 degree tilt.
    Aboard Navy ships, at 20+ degree list you start to experience this:

wild1cehdrzd.gif

In the movie "The Caine Mutiny" the mutiny occurred because the ship was repeatedly listing at 30 degrees and taking waves broadside instead of head on because Captain Bogart had basically flipped out.

That was somewhat based on Admirals Halsey and McCains foulups by not avoiding 2 typhoons in the Pacific during WWII.

Carrier USS Langley on the outskirts of the 2nd typhoon

sjwcmx42oljt.jpg

The flight deck of USS Hornet
    after the 2nd typhoon

6p4hsytl8clk.jpg

That takes some serious doings.

My late Uncle I think had been transferred on to the Hornet after having had the carrier USS Wasp he had been on torpedoed and sunk.

Here's the USS Wasp sitting on the bottom off of Guadalcanal

8o6jgvj5mzu4.png

Sal Palooza
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,579
    Options
    Was the USS Hornet not the carrier that carried The Doolittle Raid men?
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,311
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Yes it was.
    The Hornet had a few miles on it to be sure, seeing a lot of action.

When the Wasp was torpedoed off of Guadalcanal by a Japanese sub, it didn't initially sink but the carrier was basically done for . So when the crew abandoned ship (76 sailors had died) the crews were transferred to nearby ships and it sunk by a torpedo from a US sub.

That's how my uncle went from the Wasp to the Hornet which was also at Guadalcanal.
    He saw some stuff.
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Options

That was somewhat based on Admirals Halsey and McCains foulups by not avoiding 2 typhoons in the Pacific during WWII.

Carrier USS Langley on the outskirts of the 2nd typhoon

sjwcmx42oljt.jpg

I'm not sure whether the fellow in the foreground is smiling or grimacing. :|

Not to change the subject (me?!?), but, I guess there's some weather in NoVA today. :#
    Our son is getting a crash course in the manifold pleasures of home ownership, it seems.

jlnp4wdle8ge.jpg

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Not as beautiful as (^^^) -- and way colder -- but still... not bad.

51797658933_4d0e85fe41_b.jpg
    51797567586_f185f76c1d_b.jpg

No alligators, either, which I would see as a "plus". YMMV. :)
    Maybe a moose (our neighbor thought she saw one trudging up our hill yesterday... but we didn't find any unambiguously moosey feetsprints. :# )
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,497
    Options
    ^^^^ one came across my driveway last night. They visit daily. Cold here too. 6 degrees & no mosquito's :) I love wintah
    Randy/Maine
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    ^^^^ one came across my driveway last night. They visit daily. Cold here too. 6 degrees & no mosquito's :) I love wintah

I was thinkin' alligator when I read your post. Had to read it twice. ;)