Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,817
    He came back this evening. lol

7x2ygaivnje5.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,594
    ^^^^
    Sweet Fins!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,291
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    slivj1tjiyd1.jpg
    Other than high heat and 90+ mph wind storms, it's pretty normal at my house. Mow the lawn, feed the birds. This guy was crawling on my stone ledge yesterday.

Had one of these fly out of a tree and flew right into my helmet as I was riding down a residential street one time...it was like getting hit with a rock!!
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,977
    Viking64 wrote: »
    That's for people who are really constipated.

Or for those who Poogle and drop their phone
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,209
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    Is it wild boar that are dangerous or just warthogs? Both?

Are both made out of bacon?

I think they are more of a pest than anything, but like anything wild, ya just never know!

I hear they are pretty good eatin’ when they’re young, but that’s a pretty big boy there.

Hollywood Feed - Farmina N&D Prime Wet Cat Food - Boar & Apple-Case of 24 - $54.53
    elpel8l364lc.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,454
    Is it wild boar that are dangerous or just warthogs? Both?

Are both made out of bacon?

They can get your blood pumping and improve your tree climbing skills in the woods. This one attacked from rear. An application of metric math solved the problem.

j3f6ht52wyi0.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,239
    Metric math gets them everytime......
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,097
    edited August 8
    Kex wrote: »
    It’s worth noting for sure… so I’ll just add that something similar happened to my wife in Fresno, of all places.

She was competing in an equestrian event and was parked at a hotel overnight in our almost 20 year old Mercedes-Benz.

When she came out next morning, she found a note from a young rider from Palo Alto staying at the same hotel. She had backed into the car in a borrowed pickup truck and pushed it over the cement bump at the end of the space (the ubiquitous things that frequently delineate the end of a space).

Her dad was a doctor from 🇫🇷 working in the 🇺🇸. He didn’t want to bother the owners of the truck his daughter had borrowed with an insurance claim so he asked us to get a couple of estimates for the repairs and sent us a check for $3,500.*

Not everyone has lost all sense of decency and community spirit. I know I’ll do the same if I ever make a similar mistake.

* (Bent trunk lid, damaged bumper cover, bent bodywork behind the bumper etc.)

Way to once again try to make things all about you…

I’ve been away for over a week, but this might be the stupidest post I’ve ever read. 😑

How on earth is that about me? Just put me on ignore. Please. 🤦‍♂️

pdhp4yeptzy0.gif

Post edited by Kex on
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    edited August 8
    Where the heck are the Disagree and Off Topic reactions?!?

Too many anti-woke warriors became totally woke and b*tt hurt! 🤣
    Alea jacta est!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,315
    Where the heck are the Disagree and Off Topic reactions?!?

Too many anti-woke warriors became totally woke and b*tt hurt! 🤣

Trolling yet again, eh Kexipoo.

XOXO
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    edited August 8
    Actually, NO, not at all Nutsinpoo. Purely factual statement.

Love ya to bits! Yours always… 💋 💋
    Alea jacta est!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,315
    Purely delusional statement.

Fixed it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    ld8720yrth2y.gif
    Alea jacta est!
  • billbillw
    I’ve been away for over a week...
    That's why things have been so calm lately?
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,425
    44civqmvyl1k.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,209
    zkdh09dmglmi.png
    Recent excavations have shown that the "giant heads" on Easter Island are actually buried "stone giants" whose heads emerged from the earth..
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,239
    My guess is they were not buried, just centuries of debris accumulated around them.
  • billbillw
    edited August 9
    Recent excavations have shown that the "giant heads" on Easter Island are actually buried "stone giants" whose heads emerged from the earth..

Not exactly "recent."
    This was big news 10 years ago, but the scientists actually knew this going back more than 100 years.
    https://explorersweb.com/easter-island-statues-bodies/
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,602
    edited August 9
    It’s worth noting for sure… so I’ll just add that something similar happened to my wife in Fresno, of all places.

She was competing in an equestrian event and was parked at a hotel overnight in our almost 20 year old Mercedes-Benz.

When she came out next morning, she found a note from a young rider from Palo Alto staying at the same hotel. She had backed into the car in a borrowed pickup truck and pushed it over the cement bump at the end of the space (the ubiquitous things that frequently delineate the end of a space).

Her dad was a doctor from 🇫🇷 working in the 🇺🇸. He didn’t want to bother the owners of the truck his daughter had borrowed with an insurance claim so he asked us to get a couple of estimates for the repairs and sent us a check for $3,500.*

Not everyone has lost all sense of decency and community spirit. I know I’ll do the same if I ever make a similar mistake.

* (Bent trunk lid, damaged bumper cover, bent bodywork behind the bumper etc.)

Way to once again try to make things all about you…
    I’ve been away for over a week, but this might be the stupidest post I’ve ever read

Well Sir (or Madam, not trying to gender assign) I take umbrage
    (gawd I love that word)
    at the inference that that is the stupidest post you've ever read ! 😳

For instance:
    "She was competing in an equestrian event and was parked at a hotel overnight in our almost 20 year old Mercedes-Benz"

Now, a n'er do well would make some sort of untowards comment like
    "Oh, what size saddle does she wear ?" 🤔
    or
    certainly ungentlemanly inferences regarding parking at a hotel overnight
    "Why didn't she just get a room ?"

As you can see, some of us Polkies are successful graduates of the "Mr Nightly 'Careful What You Say, That's My Wife !" graduate school.

I'll now retire to my LazyBoy, saitisfied that, once again, I've been able to bring edification and edumacashun to the masses 🧐

Sal Palooza
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,870
    xublyrsb4dkf.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~