Viking64 Posts: 6,964
    OleBoot wrote: »
    sph4xb705r38.png

Old Reggie would be proud.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,817
    hecyol4s06xm.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,548
    They are among us:

53918553238_196c3c8b0c_b.jpg
    B)
    No. Seriously. Saw this thing early this morning. It was quite torpid in the morning chill (54 degrees F when we got up today). Initially, we couldn't see any legs, although it looks like it has four(?!?). Otherwise, it looked Beatle-esque beetle-esque. ;) It's about 8 mm long.
    53918305846_fcdd61e569_b.jpg
    As the morning warmed, it got more mobile, and its tiny yellowish legs became more obvious as it moved.
    53918658334_e09ece35db_b.jpg
    53917414682_06643afc96_b.jpg

What the heck is it?
    Any of all y'all know?

Alternatively, I'm looking for a good on-line photo ID for bugs/insects/small critters with exoskeletons -- and ideally not a phone app, since I didn't take the photos with my phone. :#

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,209
    I used Google Lens and got this:

lw032r8k6g64.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    ?
    5le4e8kt3hok.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,239
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    They are among us:

53918553238_196c3c8b0c_b.jpg
    B)
    No. Seriously. Saw this thing early this morning. It was quite torpid in the morning chill (54 degrees F when we got up today). Initially, we couldn't see any legs, although it looks like it has four(?!?). Otherwise, it looked Beatle-esque beetle-esque. ;) It's about 8 mm long.

Smallest flying squirrel I've ever seen..... B)

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,594
    edited August 12

lw032r8k6g64.png

For those that can't make out the info in the photo, this is a type of "Tortoise Beetle"
    https://extension.umaine.edu/home-and-garden-ipm/fact-sheets/common-name-listing/tortoise-beetles/
    https://entomologytoday.org/

Note: The link above got censored by Vanilla because of the word that starts with p and is a common term for dung.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • mhardy6647

lw032r8k6g64.png

I believe you/Google got it.
    I (ahem) also asked AI.
    That's ayyy* eye, not Al. :p
    6m9xga2ss74k.png

Googlage suggests the clavate tortise beetle.
    How could I be in my seventh decade and have never encountered one of these before? :o
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

lw032r8k6g64.png

I believe you/Google got it.
    I (ahem) also asked AI.
    That's ayyy* eye, not Al. :p
    6m9xga2ss74k.png

Googlage suggests the clavate tortise beetle.
    How could I be in my seventh decade and have never encountered one of these before? :o

I'm only in my 6th decade and this one is new one on me......I just don't like it, this thing looks like it's going to morph into something way worse.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,150
    lfccv2njwyli.jpeg

I’m glad cutting this stuff is done..
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Saw this in the magazine listed below.

Polk Forum has a member in the Texas
    town. I will not list the username, but if he wants to acknowledge he can.

I wonder if there are any other members in these four towns.

uq9lnjqwkegw.png
    dug4c4au1tz0.png
    Replicas of the Eiffel Tower in Tennessee, Texas, and Arkansas
    5wz33baxb1id.png

ihd70fgcbcm9.png

8zzim69qk05s.png

2a7bkdygqyq8.png

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,150
    That's awesome!!!!
  • mhardy6647
    Saw this a wee bit ago @ hifihaven.org

d6von26qwiza.png
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,185

Guilty as charged.

The Eiffel Tower is located by the convention center. There is also a pretty cool veteran’s memorial there.

As to the other pictures, The Grand Theater is the movie theater I went to as a child/teen. There have been talks of renovation, but nothing official as far as I know.

Sundae in Paris is a great little old fashioned soda shop. Across the street is a good burger joint called Jaxx. More than burgers, but they have some unique burgers that are really good. Eat at Jaxx walk across the street to Sundae in Paris for dessert….then head to my house for some tunes😉

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,870
    What in the?????

I thought you were in NY! Dang....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,291
    Saw this in the magazine listed below.

LOL, I believe there are a "few" Polk members in Texas, maybe not all in Paris TX but my GF says I know enough "French" to keep her around....does that count??

:D
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 14
    53921315068_573a4a6a1e_b.jpgSchroeder and Lucy van Pelt by wolf4max, on Flickr

I don't know about y'all, but seein' this kinda puts me in the mood for a little Beethoven Christmas music.