Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,291
    treitz3 wrote: »
    xublyrsb4dkf.png

Tom

Oh I know........Jerimiah.....he always had some mighty fine wine!!! :D
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    65tqg23isn4y.png

gasdxyfnw6p1.png
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,602
    Hmmm....that butter sculpture art takes some real skill 🤓

ahzwkdqel18e.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,150
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    ild7rwcd2ikr.jpeg
    ypm3b60tyn98.jpeg
    fyikt2hvk06x.jpeg
    l8e2uytpeldn.jpeg
    phmniyaozvn1.jpeg

New "phase plug" design.... o:)

LOL!! These Hartley drivers are expensive, and can be hard to come by, a guy I work with is sitting on a bunch of them, his whole system is built around them..
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    s0gfpgwdne4q.png
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    iurfie192z1e.png
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,119
    f4f5jwrxqbp8.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,209

This year in April was the anniversary of IBM Mainframe - celebrating the memorable milestone of 60 years of existence and transformation.

IBM System/360 Model 65 Mainframe Computer
    vgbuprsv7zw9.png
    The IBM System/360 was a groundbreaking family of mainframe computers announced on April 7, 1964. Designing the System/360 was an extremely risky "bet-the-company" project for IBM, costing over $5 billion. The platform was initially designed to serve the Apollo project, launched in 1961 by American President John Kennedy. The Apollo project carried out its great mission in 1969 when man set foot on the Moon for the first time. The S/360 was the protagonist of this project, from the construction of the aircraft to monitoring its entire trajectory, from launch to the return of the aircraft and astronauts to Earth.

Although the project ran into severe problems, especially with the software, it was a huge success, one of the top three business accomplishments of all time.

System/360 set the direction of the computer industry for decades and popularized features such as the byte, 32-bit words, microcode, and standardized interfaces. The S/360 architecture was so successful that it is still supported by IBM's z/Architecture mainframes.

Release date March 1965
    Discontinued March 1974
    Memory 128 KB–1 MB Core
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,239
    edited August 10
    Memory 128 KB–1 MB Core
    Just think, the phone in your hand has more processing power by a factor of 10 to 20 times than the computer used to allow man to step foot on the moon. Think about that.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,548
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,607
    This is not funny, but is informative as it shows what a teenager thinks a 30 year old looks like.

hlbnpnm5hiio.png
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,607
    An what this means is that this woman has to be around 105.

vfq34o70xk1f.png
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,315
    Ah, home B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,548
    edited August 11
    uuktclc1tn7h.jpg

oops... I mean... I like that one, but I actually meant to post this one.
    :#

ipszdx6xdbp5.png

(both seen at ASR)
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,119
    3g4yn3i7wrvm.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Geoff4rfc
    cxoitiy28ev8.png

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,870
    I am sorry to laugh at that....that's mean. But I honestly busted a gut when I saw it! LOL

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~