Willow Posts: 10,977
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Another Step Done..

cox8nsjdj2cj.jpeg
    425lezbat2vv.jpeg
    ski2tx7b6mpq.jpeg
    zf5ze76wr0to.jpeg
    8yhdxzdwo8jh.jpeg

Perhaps I'm late to the party, but what is this? Looks like port holes into a garage.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,870
    dj8s9bnfko1r.png

One of the strangest clouds I have ever taken a photo of. This was back in 2018. I've never seen, nor have I seen anything close to it ever since.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,150
    Willow wrote: »
    Another Step Done..

cox8nsjdj2cj.jpeg
    425lezbat2vv.jpeg
    ski2tx7b6mpq.jpeg
    zf5ze76wr0to.jpeg
    8yhdxzdwo8jh.jpeg

Perhaps I'm late to the party, but what is this? Looks like port holes into a garage.

It's the inside view of 2.3tl's with the Rings Installed.. :smiley:
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,964

It's the inside view of 2.3tl's with the Rings Installed.. :smiley:

2.3TLs!!! See? I could have answered that one! :p
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,553
    Yeah - I thought it was some kind of diorama or shadow box or curio cabinet -- with rather large cubbies (you know, big enough to hold a bike and whatnot).
    I gradually realized I was getting a crossover's-eye view of the outside world.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,607
    A Larson I hadn't seen before.

4i5dtqazawp2.png
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,291
    OleBoot wrote: »
    300vkvitc5sg.png

LMAO....dude, don't get me started on the baristas here in Texas Starbucks......the WORST!!!!
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,315
    He and the group had a darn good run.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,241
    F1nut wrote: »
    He and the group had a darn good run.

I had not realized Joey Kramer had not been touring with them on the last run.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,553
    edited August 5
    I recently read a quote (ostensibly) from Steven Tyler that I found quite apt and amusing (although I imagine, to him, only in retrospect) referring to their Night in the Ruts era. It was something along the lines of:
    A lot of rock musicians use some drugs. We were drug users who played some music.
  • pitdogg2
    A lot of truth there, Doc. They didn't call him and Joe Perry the toxic twins for nothing.
  • Geoff4rfc
    m2m8usrgmrci.png
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • F1nut
    Whatever that is, kill it.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,977

Before it kills you...
  • F1nut
    Willow wrote: »

Before it kills you...

Ed Zachary

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,341

Never have I seen such a rampant display of speciesism as this. It is a living thing for god’s sake! 😉😉🤣🤣🤣
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2

Never have I seen such a rampant display of speciesism as this. It is a living thing for god’s sake! 😉😉🤣🤣🤣

Let god sort it out....
  • Geoff4rfc

LOL, it was just hanging out on the window. Was at a B-day party for one of my cousins in Adkins TX, the grasshoppers are, uh, pretty big there. They make quite a mess of the front of your truck if you drive way out in the country.

• Geoff4rfc

As a kid growing up in TX, we didn't have anything else better to do in the summer but ride our bikes in the woods and catch things like this and praying mantis's and put them in a small box together. The grasshoppers would kick the living crap out the mantis but eventually become dismembered.

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,926
    Insect Fight Club
  • F1nut
    The biggest spider I have ever seen was out in the middle of nowhere in Texas. I didn't kill it, I got the hell away from it.

President of Club Polk

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,209
    Popular Mechanics has an article about Texas and Hammerhead Flatworms:
    et6u2q2q24ov.png
    0jwght1p9xjr.png

There’s an invasive species of worm making itself known in Texas once again—the hammerhead flatworm. These worms are toxic, hard to kill, and dangerous to native critters like earthworms, but likely pose little danger to humans or larger animals. Experts encourage people to kill these worms on site, and to avoid touching them directly, as the toxins they produce can irritate skin.

They might not be as ferocious as the sandworms from Dune, but hammerhead worms are nothing to sneeze at themselves. They’re toxic. They can carry parasites. They can grow to over a foot long. If they're cut in half, both halves regenerate.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA