Viking64 Posts: 6,795
    Options
    ....that should have read
    "a sammich". 👍

Wrong.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,224
    Options
    Near as I can tell, this is a true story…..

During a U2 concert in Glasgow, Scotland, Bono asked the audience for total quiet.

Then in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands. Once every few seconds. Holding the audience in total silence, he said into the microphone "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

From the front of the crowd, a broad Scottish accent pierced the quiet: "Well f#ckin' stop doin' it then ya bloody evil b#stard!"
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,224
    Options
    A man boards a plane with six kids. After they get settled in their seats, a woman sitting across the aisle leans over to him and asks, "are all of those kids yours?"

He replies, " no. I work for a condom company. These are customer complaints."
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,679
    Options
    A new grocery store supercenter opened up by my house.
    It has an automatic water system to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and the smell of fresh rain.
    When you go to the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and experience the scent of freshly mowed hay.
    When you approach the egg cases, you hear chickens clucking and the air is filled with the scent of bacon, eggs and homemade biscuits cooking.
    The veggie aisle features the smell of freshly roasted, buttered corn.
    I don't buy toilet paper there anymore.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,386
    Options
    I bet buying seafood there could be a bit of a problem too 🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,063
    Options
    I bet buying seafood there could be a bit of a problem too 🤔

Our closest "Harris Teeter" had an HV AC system that sucked the air out of the seafood dept and sent it to the front doors on the right.

It wasn't a welcoming scent. :s

They did fix it.

It's been 20 years since I've smelled it except 10 ft. from the display counter.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,386
    Options
    It wasn't a welcoming scent

Yes, but it reminds one of the warning that the witch Circe gave to Odysseus:
    "She [Circe] said we must avoid the otherworldy Sirens; steer past their flowering meadow."

Yes, the flowery meadows have proven to be the downfall of many industrious young men, resulting in the loss of their homes and half of their hard earned wages !
    😳👍
    Sal Palooza
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,679
    Options
    I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so
    I sat down and had a cold beer.
    The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.
    My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing,
    and I said, "Nothing."
    The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?"
    At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.
    Finally I pondered an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
    Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?
    Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question.
    Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion:
    A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
    But you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
    I rest my case.
    Time for another beer. Then maybe a nap.