What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    The Bostons are having problems again (fixed before, but now I'm stumped) so I decided to hook up the KEFs. Ah yes, they are certainly better. But while I was getting them out, the Missions which have sat since November were looking sad/rejected ( ;) ). So I put away the KEFs (again) and hooked up the Missions. Not as accurate as the KEFs but just a fun speaker.
    The KEFs still ain't going anywhere though. :)

You're starting to sound like me 20 years ago.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Tony M wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    The Bostons are having problems again (fixed before, but now I'm stumped) so I decided to hook up the KEFs. Ah yes, they are certainly better. But while I was getting them out, the Missions which have sat since November were looking sad/rejected ( ;) ). So I put away the KEFs (again) and hooked up the Missions. Not as accurate as the KEFs but just a fun speaker.
    The KEFs still ain't going anywhere though. :)

You're starting to sound like me 20 years ago.

The Missions aren't staying unfortunately, they have a new home planned. The Bostons are technically my dad's (he asked me to fix them, with permission to use them for a bit), so actually, the only pair of speakers I'm keeping are the KEFs, although, whether you see this as fortunate or not, that probably won't last. ;)
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,495
    joecoulson wrote: »
    But you posted something outside of the “what are you listening to” thread....and that’s monumental

Don’t worry it won’t happen again :smile:
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Mardi Gras celebration going on in my neighborhood so this is the one day a year I can crank up the volume a bit and not get into trouble with my neighbors or the building management. :D
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    halo wrote: »
    Mardi Gras celebration going on in my neighborhood so this is the one day a year I can crank up the volume a bit and not get into trouble with my neighbors or the building management. :D

My Son is in the middle of that Party somewhere😀

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    But you posted something outside of the “what are you listening to” thread....and that’s monumental

Don’t worry it won’t happen again :smile:

There it goes again!
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • halo

In St. Louis or in New Orleans?
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Mike Reeter

St. Louis

• halo

St. Louis

Ah, yes, he is in my neighborhood :)
  • pumpkinman
    edited March 2019
    ^^^^^^^^^How good a gtg could it be ?? There wasn’t one pumpkin^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Next time sir. You close to GA?
  • pumpkinman
    Next time sir. You close to GA?

Pocono’s In PA. a little to far but thanks :smile:
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• halo
    That's great guys!
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,973
    And a good time was had by all. Great to have some face time with a couple of fellow Polkies, and @joecoulson really put on a nice lunch spread. I was more than happy to enable, I mean help, Joe make his decision ;) Was that bi-amping, or bi-monoblocking with the Linns? :D Either way, there should be two pair of nice Linn monoblocks on the market soon! And I can't wait to hear Joe's impressions of the M700s B)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,524
    Another PS Audio Class D convert!
  • joecoulson
    One pair is spoken for and I might keep the other to power the HT speakers. ;)
    Yes I am a mess
    Thank You both for a fantastic time.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    I really like this write up about your soon to be new amps. B)

Congrats! ;)

https://www.psaudio.com/products/stellar-m700-power-amplifier/
    4f8avemase7o.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Mike Reeter
    All this Stellar Gear looks like it will make for a Stellar Setup ;)

The only PS Audio piece that I have is a NuWave DSD DAC, impressive for it's price point. Also several Power Cords, a good value as well.
  • Tony M wrote: »
    Let us know how it does, OK?

Will do! Couple more weeks for shipping though but may get here the same time as tubes coming from Russia. Lol

Picked these up to go with the pre!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-VOSKHOD-6ZH1P-EV-6j1p-ev-5654-ef95-Matched-Pair-Little-Dot-Amp-III-IV/252223475771?hash=item3ab9b0d03b:g:MoAAAOSwucFalBJG:rk:27:pf:0

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Added some Monoprice XLR's to connect my Cambridge Audio 851N to my B&K Reference 50 pre. Not sure I like what I hear yet. Gonna give them some breakin time then do an A/B comparison. Initial impression is a minor loss of imaging.

Anyone else have this issue? I've read differing information saying balanced IC's add extra and unnecessary circuitry which can affect that. Not sure my components or my ears are good enough to make this determination...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • joecoulson
    Mine XLR addition to the CXN added imaging?
  • audioluvr
    Okay so I did some comparison between my XLR's and my RCA IC's and there is a definite difference that makes the XLR's loose terribly. First they ad a harshness to the high frequencies that make it unpleasant to listen to. Also with the regular IC's the sound stage gets wider, higher, lower, deeper and far smoother and greatly detailed. Listening to The Beatles' "Yesterday" you can pick out the exact location of each instrument and it's depth on stage by inches. Gonna post this info on my CA post.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Your XLR’s are not very good then. I have Audioquest Mackenzie XLR’s and noticed the exact opposite.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited March 2019
    I ordered a WireWorld Micro-Silver Eclipse 8 Balanced Digital Audio Cable - AES/EBU - 110 ohm 0.5m cable to connect my streamer and dac.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • audioluvr
    These are the same kind of XLR's I'm using between my pre and amps and I used the same no name (not high quality) IC's when comparing the difference between XLR and IC between my pre and amps and DID notice an improvement there so unless they sent me some defective ones... Also like I said it could be the pre. I don't know. I wanted to A/B on the cheap before I spend big money replacing all my Monoprice stuff. If it's not a cable issue then it's either the B&K or the CA. Just saying... Not sure where to go from here.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited March 2019
    In the past (and I still have it) I had a cd player with a rare aes/ebu digital out connection, and it was OUTSTANDING into my benchmark DAC1 at the time. Extremely smooth and analog sounding interface. IIRC, it was a Signal Cable aes/ebu dig on XLR.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2