What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Is it coming UPS? If you get notifications you can see where the truck on the map and how many stops away from you it is.

Be patient.... load the app on your mobile while you are waiting.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited March 2019
    Or, if you live a little off the beaten path -- you get a postcard in the mail* today from UPS announcing that they couldn't deliver your package due to the address (a PO box) and that you can come to White River Junction, VT (as in, not the state I live in) and pick it up -- but they'll only hold it until March 4th.

This package being the one that UPS delivered to our door this past Tuesday.

And, just to wrap the whole thing up and tie it with a pretty bow -- when I check the tracking number on the postcard @ ups dot com, it shows, quite accurately, that the UPS driver delivered it to our door this past Tuesday.

:*

But -- on topic -- yeah, kudos to Crutchfield!
    I actually do like those guys, too.

• imsjry
    imsjry Posts: 120
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Wow. $8k in cables. My wife would kill me. Congrats

Mine too... that's why I bought a used set for $1450...

I'm admittedly new to this audiophile stuff but would love to hear your impressions on sonic improvements. I'm just stunned how expensive "higher end" cables are. That is more then I spent on my Pre and my power amps combined.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,731
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Or, if you live a little off the beaten path -- you get a postcard in the mail* today from UPS announcing that they couldn't deliver your package due to the address (a PO box) and that you can come to White River Junction, VT (as in, not the state I live in) and pick it up -- but they'll only hold it until March 4th.

This package being the one that UPS delivered to our door this past Tuesday.

And, just to wrap the whole thing up and tie it with a pretty bow -- when I check the tracking number on the postcard @ ups dot com, it shows, quite accurately, that the UPS driver delivered

Just throwing this out there, not saying it happened in your case..but UPS also uses the post office, and vice versa. If it's a "Surepost" half the time it gets delivered to the post office and the USPS takes the last leg. There are two addresses on the same label, but the customer gets the UPS tracking number only.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    We're very familiar with UPS Surepost -- That gets us even further into surreality. The way that works, in our case, is that they deliver the parcel to the USPS, then Amazon (some of whose vendors use Surepost) sends me an e-mail that says that they tried to deliver it, but, couldn't, and that they'll try again. When I get the e-mail from UPS, I go down to the PO, and the package is waiting for us. :)

1y8drq6d0b5d.png
    This is a typical attempted delivery e-mail that means that the delivery was successful :p

No, the one this week was different. I ordered something online, entered the PO Box address, got not message that they couldn't deliver to PO, so I assumed they'd send USPS. When the UPS truck pulled in Tuesday afternoon, I knew what it was.
    The address on the package was our PO Box. Someone has put a printed sticker on it saying that UPS needed our address as they couldn't deliver to a PO box. Someone had written our physical address on the box. Hard to say who did that.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    imsjry wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Wow. $8k in cables. My wife would kill me. Congrats

Mine too... that's why I bought a used set for $1450...

I'm admittedly new to this audiophile stuff but would love to hear your impressions on sonic improvements. I'm just stunned how expensive "higher end" cables are. That is more then I spent on my Pre and my power amps combined.

I will definitely post up some impressions, good or bad. My setup has gotten to the point where cables like the AQ will make improvements. Just glad I got a deal on these, (along with everything else I have put together B) )or I might not have even tried to play at this level.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I saw a smaller pair on audiogon for twice as much. I’ll say you got a good deal. Smokin
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited March 2019
    John knows how to shop for sure! ;)

He's also good excellent at building the power equipment he desires too. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    I have a lowball offer on these as well...
    https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9bedf-audioquest-wild-blue-yonder-rca-cables-1-5m-pair-interconnects-72v-dbs-16634-interconnects
    They will go from the Pass X0.2 to the Carvers...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Turned it on last night so that it will be ready to rock tonight. Now it is rocking.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Had to get a new tv yesterday for our family room. Our 4K HDR Samsung died yesterday after only 15 months. Went with the Sony X900 this time around. Hopefully it’ll last a while longer.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I also bought that 65” TV maybe 6-9 months ago, and so far so good. I also have the Sony Z9D 75” for 2+ years, and it is still going strong. Knock on wood. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited March 2019
    I have a 9 year old Sony and 4 year old Sony and both function as new. The 9 year old one stays on 10-12 hrs a day, as I work from home and it is my background ambiance during the day.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Tony M
    I have a lowball offer on these as well...
    https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9bedf-audioquest-wild-blue-yonder-rca-cables-1-5m-pair-interconnects-72v-dbs-16634-interconnects
    They will go from the Pass X0.2 to the Carvers...

:o:o:o
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited March 2019
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I also bought that 65” TV maybe 6-9 months ago, and so far so good. I also have the Sony Z9D 75” for 2+ years, and it is still going strong. Knock on wood. :)

I hope it lasts.

The LG OLED are discounted $5-600 right now at Best Buy and the sales guy was really pushing it hard over the Sony. Good deal for sure but I’ve heard more good things about Sony reliability than the others. And, I’m not trying to buy a new set every year and a half. That and the thin 8lb OLED has terrible-terrible speakers.

The Sony looks plenty good to me anyway.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • joecoulson
    Had the 900e 75” for about 1 1/2 years now. Very happy.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Hung a pair of Mini Eclipse on the rack for it to look at
  • Ordered one of these (link below) so I can start listening to my vinyl again (been several months). Worth a shot for around $50. Will probably also order the upgrade Russian tubes tonight that pitdog2 recommended on another post.

https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Little-Bear-Turntable-Pre-Amplifier/dp/B075YQM28P
  • Tony M
    Let us know how it does, OK?
  • Tony M wrote: »
    Let us know how it does, OK?

Will do! Couple more weeks for shipping though but may get here the same time as tubes coming from Russia. Lol
  • joecoulson
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Patiently awaiting my BS Node 2i delivery today....*tap*….*tap*….LOL

BTW, HUGE shout out to CRUTCHFIELD for 2nd day Air on FREE shipping!

Well?!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Got it, pretty cool.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,495
    Today I did absolutely nothing to my rig but turn it on and enjoy
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • joecoulson
    But you posted something outside of the “what are you listening to” thread....and that’s monumental
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited March 2019
    The Bostons are having problems again (fixed before, but now I'm stumped) so I decided to hook up the KEFs. Ah yes, they are certainly better. But while I was getting them out, the Missions which have sat since November were looking sad/rejected ( ;) ). So I put away the KEFs (again) and hooked up the Missions. Not as accurate as the KEFs but just a fun speaker.
    The KEFs still ain't going anywhere though. :)
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    You are clearly a bookie fan and have listened to quite a few, m. Have you heard the Dali Spektor 2s? I'm very tempted by them.
  • mlistens03
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    You are clearly a bookie fan and have listened to quite a few, m. Have you heard the Dali Spektor 2s? I'm very tempted by them.

I've not heard the Spektors, but I have heard the Zensor 1s and 3s. Both of which I loved. I imagine the Spektors are great speakers for the money. The Dalis that I heard were accurate, but you can get more accuracy for less. Dali instead put emphasis on making a very musical and enjoyable speaker.

Based on what I've heard from their other lines, the Spektors are probably very nice speakers. I'd recommend just about anything made by Dali, Boston (if they were still around) or KEF. They all do different things very well. Another speaker to maybe look into is the Elac B6.2s, they seem to get great reviews, although I've not heard them. I remember Doc Hardy bought a pair, but I haven't seen that thread recently and I don't remember what he thought about them.

70xc58k9sl9a.jpg
    Thought I should share a picture of the Missions set up. Not done yet with placement, as you can probably tell. :)
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    Thanks! I've tried Mission Bronze 2, Elac UB5, and MartinLogan Motion LX16, none of which moved me to replace my SDA-CRS.
  • mlistens03
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    Thanks! I've tried Mission Bronze 2, Elac UB5, and MartinLogan Motion LX16, none of which moved me to replace my SDA-CRS.

If the sound stage is what you like so much about your SDAs, I'd recommend that you get some KEF Q150s, or really any with UNI-Q setup. They stage really well, but they are still no SDAs. Very good for a normal (AKA, no SDA) speaker, pinpoint, deep, wide, and pretty tall (although the Missions and Bostons have more height.)

The Bostons also imaged really well, but they are older, and are fun but still not as good. Boston is gone unfortunately (put out of business by the same guys who own Polk now), so if you want new then they aren't an option. If you can go used you could get the VR-Ms, which I have yet to hear, but the VR2s were awesome.