Reference tracks

124»

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,605
    Ok, I have a new one to add to the short list now thanks to @vr3

Haim - Summer Girl

Great track - thanks Trey!
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,486
    Oh yeah, incredible imaging
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • minerminer Posts: 1,267
    The Robert Palmer trilogy - Sailin' Shoes, Hey Hey Julia, Snealin' Sally....
    Has vocals, acoustic, electric, bass
    [
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,456
    miner wrote: »

Plus it is tonnes of fun. :)
  • Well, I do not know if these would be considered reference tracks, but Barcelona Gypsy band is pretty good. I like their music. Probably don't understand a damn thing that they say in their songs, but music is pretty good. Another band is Pink Martini, especially the one called Amado Mio....
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 1,015
    miner wrote: »
    We heard ya the first time (on the first page of this thread) :D Just ribbing ya. Those songs are definitely not what I think of when I think of Robert Palmer (I think of his MTV videos and stint with Power Station), but I have enjoyed listening to the songs you mentioned, and reading about his 'eclectic' style over the years. He passed too soon :(
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator

Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 2,046
    Great thread!

Here's a list of tracks from some of the NY Audio Rave Cd's

Wynton Marsalis Quartet - "Feeling Of Jazz" (The Magic Hour)

The Bad Plus - " Keep The Bugs Off Your Glass, And The Bears Off Your ****" (These Are The Vistas)

Bozzio, Levin, Stevens - "Duende" (Black Light Syndrome)

Ben Harper - "Gold To Me" (Fight for Your Mind)

Morphine - "Buena" (Cure for Pain)

Nils Lofgren - "Keith Don’t Go" (Acoustic Live)

Mino Cinelu - "Oncoming Horizons" (Mino Cinelu)

Copland - "Fanfare For The Common Man" (Copland: Appalachian Spring; Rodeo; Fanfare for the Common Man -Louis Lane, and Atlanta Symphony Orchestra on Telarc)

Ben Vaughn - “Too Happy” (Designs in Music)

Rimsky-Korsakov - “Dance Of The Tumblers” (Eiji Oue/ Minnesota Orch.)

Dean Peer -“Mars” (Think...It's All Good)

Weather Report - "Confians" (Sportin' Life)

Bernadette Peters - "Blackbird" (I'll Be Your Baby Tonight)

ZZ Top - ""La Grange" (Tres Hombres)
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    Source PSA PWT into NSD Supremo
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Center Salk HT2C
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Wires WW & MIT
    @joecoulson

Add London grammar - hey now

You will love the bass and vocals
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
    Oh and eskmo cloudlight if you are an electronic fan.., bass and imaging like you wouldn't believe
    - Not Tom

• headrottheadrott Posts: 5,453
    I will add:

Ryuchi Sakamoto - Left Handed Dream (whole album). You need the “European version” though....

Gary Numan - Pleasure Principle whole album

Anything by Vangelis

Anything by the Talking Heads

Anything by Dire Straights
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 677
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Great thread!

Here's a list of tracks from some of the NY Audio Rave Cd's

Dean Peer -“Mars” (Think...It's All Good)

I agree regarding Dean Peer and his base guitar. Some unusual stuff.
  • BDTBDT Posts: 212
    Pretty much anything with Eva Cassidy......Particularly Nightbird LP.

If a rig gets her voice right....that's what I'm looking for.

BDT
    Eva...gone too soon. There is no better test for female vocals.

I want to add Bruce Springsteen's "The River" title track. It was basically recorded in a gym with mattresses on the walls...and sounds like it. Embrace that, and listen for it.
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator

Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
    Civil Wars "My Father's Father":