Show me your TT's !!!

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Not sure what you mean by "not as purty as most", before I even read your comment I thought to myself "Wow, what a gorgeous table!".
    StevieB wrote: »
    My Traveler with a Denon 103R is not as purty as most but sounds very good and hopefully one day I hope to move up the VPI ladder. Also have an old Dual 505-2 and an 80's Technics linear tracker.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited February 2018
    6n24qxu0orlc.jpg

In fact, on the strength of that photograph, I'd have to say that it's an Epic record player.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It took me all the way 'til now to come up with that.

;)
  • Clipdat
    On a scale of 1-10, how stoned are you right now?
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    In fact, on the strength of that photograph, I'd have to say that it's an Epic record player.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It took me all the way 'til now to come up with that.

;)

• mhardy6647
    I am hypercaffeinated, in point of fact.

:|
  • Clipdat
    At nearly 6pm? You must've got a late start.

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    No worries folks, Doc will be here all night.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Clipdat wrote: »
    At nearly 6pm? You must've got a late start.

72pvfunwcjg4.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    see? :)

32547188461_abe8ed978c_b.jpgDSC_6964 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

There is a GA-212 downstairs... someplace...

I have a Philips 977 similar to that one. I think i got it at Goodwill for less than $10.00.

40029630181_193dd2691e_c.jpg

39131448095_37dbf1c241_c.jpg

The 977 is several notches up from the 777 shown before. Interestingly, in the initial lineup of those tts, the 877 was the top. The 977, with the digital display of platter speed (vs. just an LED "graph") came along subsequently.
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    halo wrote: »
    Technics SL-Q3 w/ Shure M95ED
    hw3na6f5q2kf.jpg

Bottlehead Reduction Phono pre with Integration upgrade (Amperex white PQ 6922 tubes) & Mahogany base
    35716409261_a1d1ac810d_b.jpg

Is that the "definitive version" of Fragile that just came out? One of my favorite albums ever and the new version is packaged perfectly and sounds great.
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • verb
    afterburnt wrote: »
    ggb8ktkqte7g.jpg

Nice! What is that? Looks like you could play a 6ft diameter record on that thing!

And some tether ball!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I've never used a record clamp/weight of any kind.

I think they work to better the sound. I have experience with them.

Now if you listen to heavy metal, there's no use, I don't think.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Will a heavy metal or heavy rock fan tell me if the clamps or weights make the music sound better?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,034
    Clamps no doubt help vinyl playback. On the rare occasion I'll spin a record it's part of the routine I go through; brush the record, clean the stylus and clamp the record. If you use a loudness button or a sub at a fairly loud volume I've found that spiking the subs and speakers is very important to keep the feedback away from the needle.
  • verb
    This looks minty. No cartridge. Deal?
    eor3sf1fcbca.png
  • verb
    Another pic.
    6fhsl4d5qdz4.png
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2018
    The problem is that cartridge choices are very limited.

That's why it's forty smackers.
    I paid $7 for my TX-2 (as mentioned earlier) with a broken stylus... so I'd say $40 was a tad steep. Not outrageous by any means, but I couldn't see paying much more for a swingin' arm b&o like that one (looks like an RX-2?).

It may well need a belt -- belts are available for it (someplace).

Here're your cartridge opportunities:
    https://www.sound-smith.com/bo-cartridges
  • verb
    The problem is that cartridge choices are very limited.

That's why it's forty smackers.
    I paid $7 for my TX-2 (as mentioned earlier) with a broken stylus... so I'd say $40 was a tad steep.

Here're your cartridge opportunities:
    https://www.sound-smith.com/bo-cartridges

Yep. Haven't even hooked my Micro-Seiki yet! Help pull me out of the rabbit hole!
  • mhardy6647
    Pretty sure it's an RX-2 (borrowed image).
    nt4m20785n5c.png

Here're your cartridge options:
    https://www.sound-smith.com/lookup/bo-cartridges/108
  • verb
    Pretty sure it's an RX-2 (borrowed image).
    nt4m20785n5c.png

Here're your cartridge options:
    https://www.sound-smith.com/lookup/bo-cartridges/108

Enabler! :smiley: Thanks!
  • mhardy6647
    verb wrote: »
    ggb8ktkqte7g.jpg

Nice! What is that? Looks like you could play a 6ft diameter record on that thing!

And some tether ball!

That tt, by the way, is a Fairchild 750. One of the finest turntables made. Ever.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637
    ggb8ktkqte7g.jpg

And you can hang your clothes to dry as well...
  • verb
    ggb8ktkqte7g.jpg

And some tether ball!

That tt, by the way, is a Fairchild 750. One of the finest turntables made. Ever.

I see why they call Doc. As in PHD, I presume. So what's up with that tonearm? It seems like it would be very hard to control dynamically. Counterweight seems insufficient. Is that for real?
  • mhardy6647
    Yes, a PhD -- otherwise I'd own nicer hifi stuff ;)

It's probably real -- tracking error would be (could be) quite low.
    The sufficiency of the counterweight depends on its mass. I am guessing the whole arm/cartridge system is appropriate for a low compliance MC cartridge.

http://twogoodears.blogspot.com/2017/02/analog-machism.html
  • verb
    You are an encyclopedia! Impressive. BTW BS Aero, MS Mech :smiley: yes you're credentials are longer than mine!
  • verb
    Whoa that looks cool!
  • verb
    A unique concept. Making a comeback?
    rsr1p4ytgf4x.png
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    ggb8ktkqte7g.jpg

And some tether ball!

jk, that's for polo not music
  • verb
    nbrowser wrote: »
    This is cool and kinda looks like a turntable...I'd rock it!

ctrblwo1fjqz.jpg

Circa mid 1970s
    7o4g23bxncqv.png
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Clamps no doubt help vinyl playback. On the rare occasion I'll spin a record it's part of the routine I go through; brush the record, clean the stylus and clamp the record. If you use a loudness button or a sub at a fairly loud volume I've found that spiking the subs and speakers is very important to keep the feedback away from the needle.
    On heavy rock, where there is some actual talent involved, ring clamps and center weights do make a difference.

Nothing helps KISS sound good, but they are fun to listen to anyway. :p

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Every time I see this thread title my mind adds an ‘i’ into it. And I am disappointed every time. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.