Show me your TT's !!!

Comments

• verbverb Posts: 5,163
    edited January 2018
    VPI Classic Signature SE

Recently finished a new Rack for the Table, SDS Speed Controller on the first shelf down, Rogue Audio Ares Phono Stage below that. John Lee Hooker on deck.

Nice TT!!! Nice Rack!!! Wait, what did I just say??? Ooops...:)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Bottlehead SEX 2.1 Integrated Amp, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), AudioEngine B1 streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Spares VTL 2.5 Pre, EAR 834L Pre, Rotel RC1580 Pre, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Carver TFM35x Amp, (2) Dayens Ampino Integrated, (2) SDA 1C's, Monitor 10's, Monitor 5Jr's, Polk TSi200's, Rega RP1 TT, Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,607
    verb wrote: »
    VPI Classic Signature SE

Recently finished a new Rack for the Table, SDS Speed Controller on the first shelf down, Rogue Audio Ares Phono Stage below that. John Lee Hooker on deck.

Nice TT!!! Nice Rack!!! Wait, what did I just say??? Ooops...:)

I'm offended. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• voltzvoltz Posts: 5,044
    When I first saw this Thread I didn't have my reading glasses on and all I saw was show me your T

here a pic that reminds me of Mike TT
    not my TT I have the same as Kerri is selling.
    yzajvgckzdux.jpg

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    voltz wrote: »
    When I first saw this Thread I didn't have my reading glasses on and all I saw was show me your T

here a pic that reminds me of Mike TT
    not my TT I have the same as Kerri is selling.
    yzajvgckzdux.jpg

That is some serious eye candy!!!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Bottlehead SEX 2.1 Integrated Amp, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), AudioEngine B1 streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Spares VTL 2.5 Pre, EAR 834L Pre, Rotel RC1580 Pre, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Carver TFM35x Amp, (2) Dayens Ampino Integrated, (2) SDA 1C's, Monitor 10's, Monitor 5Jr's, Polk TSi200's, Rega RP1 TT, Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,054
    I was gonna post a couple more of my 'dump grade' decks -- but now I don't think that's a very good idea ;)
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I was gonna post a couple more of my 'dump grade' decks -- but now I don't think that's a very good idea ;)

Come on @mhardy6647!!! Give em up!!! Show us your TT's!!!
    they tend towards the embarrassing...

This one's not too embarrassing, actually. And it sounds pretty good, despite decidedly flimsy construction values. It wasn't a dump find, though. No, I paid $7 for this one at a charity fleamarket. I was also fortunate enough to get probably one of the last b&o-labeled cartridges for it (from the b&o store in Boston; they were phenomenally nice to deal with, to my surprise!) to replace the MMC-5 that was on it (and which had, of course, a broken stylus).

If I had it all to do over again, I'd have sprung for the MMC-2 -- but I bought an MMC-4.

25277999734_5a48554f2c_h.jpgDSC_2913 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Full disclosure -- the nice Bottlehead Reduction phono preamp shown in the photo above belongs to mrbiron, although it's long been held hostage at an undisclosed location in rural Northern New Hampshire. :|

14785815177_567883b96a_h.jpgDSC_9813 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

heh - this Hagerman Bugle 2 is mrbiron's, too. That one, however, actually managed to escape back to MA ;)

10947870536_429228a872_z.jpgTX-2 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

A legacy photo from our old house in MA. This was my "daily driver" (well, not daily) for quite some time in those days (and even up here in NH 'til after we moved up here full time).
    they tend towards the embarrassing...

This one's not too embarrassing, actually. And it sounds pretty good, despite decidedly flimsy construction values. It wasn't a dump find, though. No, I paid $7 for this one at a charity fleamarket. I was also fortunate enough to get probably one of the last b&o-labeled cartridges for it (from the b&o store in Boston; they were phenomenally nice to deal with, to my surprise!) to replace the MMC-5 that was on it (and which had, of course, a broken stylus).

If I had it all to do over again, I'd have sprung for the MMC-2 -- but I bought an MMC-4.

Full disclosure -- the nice Bottlehead Reduction phono preamp shown in the photo above belongs to mrbiron, although it's long been held hostage at an undisclosed location in rural Northern New Hampshire. :|

heh - this Hagerman Bugle 2 is mrbiron's, too. That one, however, actually managed to escape back to MA ;)

A legacy photo from our old house in MA. This was my "daily driver" (well, not daily) for quite some time in those days (and even up here in NH 'til after we moved up here full time).

Very nice!!!
    Ok here mine - a Project Xperience classic in Olive wood - Kerri is selling his upgraded version of mine which I love. And his has the Speed control built into it. I have to change the belt to a different pulley to change speed.
    v18kenao6b06.jpg

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

Ok here mine - a Project Xperience classic in Olive wood - Kerri is selling his upgraded version of mine which I love. And his has the Speed control built into it. I have to change the belt to a different pulley to change speed.
    v18kenao6b06.jpg

Very cool!!! Hey what is that thing next to the zero stat???
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,249
    brush
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,365
    v18kenao6b06.jpg

Very cool!!! Hey what is that thing next to the zero stat???

I'm wondering about the nail polish.... :D
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    edited January 2018
    Got me :p
    those are One Step Stylus cleaner - but it takes 2 steps (go figure) one is a cleaner and the other is a treatment! or one cleans your nails the other treats it B)
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    brush

But not just any Brush ;) That is a HUNT - EDA MK 6 Carbon Fiber Brush!

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,249
    And for those like me who can only paint by number...here's a video for your pleasure

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    v18kenao6b06.jpg

a handsome piece of hardware.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,372
    6rpc0vap1ozr.jpg
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Marantz DV 4200 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,763
    Willow, I know you stole that from me and I want it back pronto!
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,247
    Willow wrote: »
    6rpc0vap1ozr.jpg

I see you're one of those guys that springs for every colored vinyl release that comes out...
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,372
    agfrost wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »
    6rpc0vap1ozr.jpg

I see you're one of those guys that springs for every colored vinyl release that comes out...

Who doesn't with this type of quality. Plain black just doesn't sound as good.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Marantz DV 4200 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

Yeah, but why no Gumby or Pokey picture discs? :'(
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,385
    qoksptsxzeco.jpg
    Found this on line. I'm wondering-why???
    lwcx4hwuane2.png
    lwcx4hwuane2.png

Why not?

I mean, e.g., if you wanted to play records in the International Space Station, you'd need a dynamically balanced arm like that one.

... or if you'd like to put your turntable on or near the ceiling so the little ones in the family don't fiddle with it.

28700000410_174647ac5e_z.jpginverted tt by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

My first "real" turntable. A 1982 Technics SL-B205 with a beige Grado cartridge. I played the living buh-jeezis out of this entry-level hunk of plastic.

a7qn7ghqlub7.jpg
    lwcx4hwuane2.png

Why not?

I mean, e.g., if you wanted to play records in the International Space Station, you'd need a dynamically balanced arm like that one.

... or if you'd like to put your turntable on or near the ceiling so the little ones in the family don't fiddle with it.

28700000410_174647ac5e_z.jpginverted tt by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

I'm just wondering why fight against gravity. With a vertical TT, the tonearm now has to be balanced laterally along the disk, in addition normal to the disk surface. Why not let gravity be your friend?
    It does look cool though, super bling factor, just seems like it would be a challenge to prevent the tonearm from skipping.
    And the built in amp and speakers, UGH, so much for isolation!!!
    Nothing fancy, just an old reliable SL-Q2

mhrkm32hyaxx.jpeg

A good solid deck. I used one of those for quite a while.
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,063
    My one and only tt. Clearaudio Emotion with a Satisfy arm and a CA Aurum Beta S woodbody cart. The acrylic cover came from an old Pioneer PL41 mounted on a base I made separate from the ttxsjndl7pc558.jpg
    034at4w3cmrv.jpg