Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited February 2015
    They coulda had the Foos for halftime.. dat woulda been a SHOW baby
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    edited February 2015
    I am looking pretty good on this call...
    Seattle 31, Patriots 17. The game will be close in the 1st half, but Seattle pulls away in the second.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    HA!.....shameless is on. Time to change the channel.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    I'd like to have a real musician or band do the show next year, didn't care for the Perry show tonight...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    I vote for David Gilmore, or Mark Knopfler...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,577
    2 great teams. Great game
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,076
    Worst play call in sports history. Seahawks could have easily won.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I'll eat my words from the first half, even though I had New England going into the game, I thought that TD at the end of the first half would suck the wind out of them.

Say what you will about Tom Brady, the guy is clutch and as much as I hate him for beating up my on Colts all those years there's no denying the talent. Montana will always be my favorite, but the logical reasoning behind that is at least now arguable.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    They should have ran it in but they let there so called QB try and throw it in! LOL
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Why the hell would you throw there?
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    I was streaming it, and clicked over on this game with 1:24 left, and the Hawks were 1st and goal. I can't believe they were that close, and choked.
    Btw, I doubt the Pat's cheated in THIS game :D
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    gce wrote: »
    They should have ran it in but they let there so called QB try and throw it in! LOL
    What, 'there' so called QB, really???

Ignoring the bad grammar there, their 'so called QB' is the only reason they were even in the game to begin with. The Seattle defense was average, Lynch was average, the whole damn team was average. The stats don't show it, but Wilson is the reason that game was even close at the end.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Seahawks and that's no secret here, but I'm certainly not gonna start piling on the QB. Sorry, but that's complexly absurd...
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Overall I'm just glad we actually had a great super bowl, first one in a while.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    Great game with one of the most bizarre conclusions in history.

Russell Wilson was superb, but he didn't have the horses behind him to pull it off in the end.

It must have been the 5:1 ratio of Patriots fans to Seahawks fans in the stands. :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Billichick turns everyone and anyone into super stars. Without Barady, they are still a playoff team. With Brady in the Super Bowl, it takes a Manning and miracles.

No ifs ands or buts. Live with it.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Oh my god, all these guys are talking about is the play call by Seattle at the end. It wasn't THAT bad of a call, nobody thinks the guy is gonna throw an interception and you've still got two more plays after one to get the TD with a run.

I liked Pete's comments on the play after the game, I'm fine with the play call given that explanation.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,364
    I had no dog in the fight, but like the Pats (cheaters) less. Anyway, that was a great game with what has to have been the dumbest call ever from the one yard line. The half time show....just as awful as Mars was, but at least Perry is easier on the eyes. Shame what passes for talent these days.
    I vote for David Gilmore, or Mark Knopfler...

Either would get my vote, true talent there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited February 2015
    What, 'there' so called QB, really???

Ignoring the bad grammar there, their 'so called QB' is the only reason they were even in the game to begin with. The Seattle defense was average, Lynch was average, the whole damn team was average. The stats don't show it, but Wilson is the reason that game was even close at the end.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Seahawks and that's no secret here, but I'm certainly not gonna start piling on the QB. Sorry, but that's complexly absurd...

Couldn't agree more....In fact, I'd take Wilson over just about any other QB in the NFL right now...

Thought about it....and the ONLY other NFL QB I'd take over Wilson, taking talent, potential, age (likely productive years ahead of him) and health into account, is Andrew Luck. Wilson is playing as good as, or better, than any other QB in the league and has been for a long time. After today's Super Bowl, his career record against teams led by Super Bowl-winning QB's is now 11-1.

I think the Seahawks agree with me and will soon be making him the highest paid player in the NFL with a new contract extension.

• teekay0007
    Pat Williams deserves a ring for sure. He also said he wants to retire a Viking... I hope he gets his ring.

I think you meant Kevin Williams. (Big) Pat Williams (the other member of "the Williams Wall) retired a few years ago. I would have liked to see him get a ring too, especially after doing such a fine job for the Vikings' run D for so many years.

• pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    Great game! Although I am a Raiders Fan (yeah, I know), I was cheering for the Seahawks. Stupidest playcall I have seen in a while. Oh well.
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • pongshi wrote: »
    Great game! Although I am a Raiders Fan (yeah, I know), I was cheering for the Seahawks. Stupidest playcall I have seen in a while. Oh well.

And that's coming from a Raiders fan, lol. That being said, got nothing against the Raiders, and respect the dedication and loyalty of their fans.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • drselect
    drselect Posts: 664
    I think the play call was fine. The result was not expected. 2nd down on the one pats had there big guys in. They had stopped Lynch on a third and one on the previous series. Wilson was looking at a open receiver until out of now were a rookie DB, who is sill trying to figure out what happened two plays earlier, makes an great play and jumps the route.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    11421_10101609345510948_7782997143566539925_n.jpg?oh=324b51bd2baaa8e563409cf8ddb639ba&oe=55614B3F&__gda__=1432216694_e0cc82fe13b80f1a49106f2e3ef9a886
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    edited February 2015
    I'll throw my hat in the ring also and say that was the dumbest play call ever in a SB game. On the one yard line with arguably the best RB in the league and you throw the ball. Not throw the ball to the outsides where you have man to man coverage, nope...throw it into a crowd in the middle where half the defense is gathered to stop a potential run. Plus you had a few more plays to run the ball in.

The Hawks and Wilson remind me of the 85 bears, great defense, good offensive line, and a mediocre QB. Other note....Pats receivers are way too small as is their people on defense covering receivers. I think this will be it for Brady though and the Pats, last time you'll see them in the big show for awhile.

....AND THAT HALF TIME SHOW.......worst I've ever seen. Was embarrassed for the NFL, and everyone who had to endure it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    I muted the half time show and focused on the possibility of a nip slip. Then Missy Elliot showed up and i felt like everyone lost a little bit of hope in humanity.......

As far as "the play call", is it not the objective to strategically beat the defense. What was the obvious play? ML to hammer it home but they knew the Pats were geared for it. Who knew Butler was going to be awake this time and actually pick that ball? H*ll, i dont even think Butler knew what happened since i thought it was crucial to try and carry the ball out of the endzone after the interception the putz.

I would not single out Wilson on this. They showed up as a team and lost as a team. End of story.
  • mrbiron
    BTW...Sherman's face after the INT was f-bomb awesome!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    I would single out the bozo who called the play. Wilson was just executing the play called....agreed. Still, the game was on the line and they chose the riskiest play possible. You can still run the ball to the outside, throw it even to the outside, but not throw it into a crowd.

Now should he have caught the ball, nobody would be arguing that play call.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Wilson should have never thrown that pass. He threw it to the right of the receiver with Butler bearing down on the play. The play was called on the sideline but it's the QB's job to see the defense and decide what to do. That's why Wilson is mediocre at best.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,187
    Dumb play calls are the ones that don't work. If that pass is completed for a touchdown people are calling Carroll a genius for calling pass when everyone was expecting run.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • teekay0007
    That's why Wilson is mediocre at best.

That mediocrity is about to get him a contract that will make him the highest paid player in the entire NFL! Not a bad gig, if you can get it.