Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I'm sure everyone cheats if they can get away with it. Evidently the Patriots aren't very good at it! LOL
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • drselect
    drselect Posts: 664
    edited January 2015
    Ga*-Lussac's law

• gce
    LMAO...Inflate-a- Ball! :D
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    gce wrote: »
    I'm sure everyone cheats if they can get away with it. Evidently the Patriots aren't very good at it! LOL

LOL...YEP, I would guess that most teams "bend the rules" to some degree. Getting caught however is another story. The Pats being under the microscope you'd think they'd be better at covering up their tracks.

Doesn't make it right though, and some form of punishment should be handed out. If they happen to win the big game, and I think they will, we are then forced to celebrate cheaters. What does that do for the NFL's rep. ?

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,580
    edited January 2015
    Interesting that it appears the Ravens may have tipped us off to that.... which means its NOT the first time its been done by the Pats..... ergo removing the likelyhood of it being due to being cold/equipment fluke, etc...

Again by no means do I think the Colts would have won, but we will never know. Apparently the ref's pulled the balls in question at halftime and put in the other 12 the home team is required to provide for the second half...... And "somehow" those balls were checked and found to have the right pressure....

HMMMM.............
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    I have a feeling the equipment guy is going to be the fall guy, but I would check his bank account a few months from now. :)
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Interesting that it appears the Ravens may have tipped us off to that.... which means its NOT the first time its been done by the Pats..... ergo removing the likelyhood of it being due to being cold/equipment fluke, etc...

Again by no means do I think the Colts would have won, but we will never know.

You're right, Dan, but I don't think it should matter if the Colts could have won or not. I think what's at issue here is INTENT. If the Patriots did it to gain competitive advantage, they should be penalized severely (eg. draft pick and $$). That way, I don't think this will happen again.
  • EndersShadow
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    You're right, Dan, but I don't think it should matter if the Colts could have won or not. I think what's at issue here is INTENT. If the Patriots did it to gain competitive advantage, they should be penalized severely (eg. draft pick and $$). That way, I don't think this will happen again.

Oh I agree, I am not however saying that it DID change the outcome of the game... Could it have... maybe, momentum is weird and not something you can calculate by any means...

Eitherway I agree, the intent is the problem...

As a Brady Hater/Colts Fan, I have this mental image of "evil Brady" with a needle in his hand deflating the ball each time they get a new one lol... Not likely given they all were 2 lbs deflated and no ones that good on the fly...

but its my mental image anyway lol...

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    They were fined a ton and a draft pick before and it did no good.
  • gce
    They changed the balls at Half Time. The 2nd half score was Pat's 28 / Colts 0. So The balls had nothing to do with momentum or the outcome of the game.
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• EndersShadow
    They changed the balls at Half Time. The 2nd half score was Pat's 28 / Colts 0. So The balls had nothing to do with momentum or the outcome of the game.
    I think the "balls" had Everything to do with momentum lol... think like a dirty old man hehehe...

But it may not have, but a team that down in the first half may not rally that well v a team thats tied or close..

Again just speculating out loud. They may have lost anyway, but we will never know definitively one way or the other as you could argue it either way.
  • gce
    17-7 at halftime in the AFC championship game. I would think they still though they could win. But yeah, I know where you're coming from, If this had happened to The Boy's I'd be pissed too!
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,735
    Gotta add some levity to this conversation. These are always hysterical...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTRmyXX6ipU
  • gce
    Oh Man, somebody's got a lot of time on there hands! LOL
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• ken brydson
    Oh Man, somebody's got a lot of time on there hands! LOL

They've done it the last few years. Always hilarious...

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    I don't think the "ball boy" will make a very good fall guy.

Who would believe that -- without instructions from "above" -- the poor guy would under inflate the footballs?
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,033
    Aren't these all just allegations and speculation, based on info from unnamed sources at this point?
  • EndersShadow
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Aren't these all just allegations and speculation, based on info from unnamed sources at this point?

The NFL confirmed the balls were under inflated two days ago. Beyond that it's under investigation.
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    I don't get why everyone has all this praise for Luck. I just don't get how he's going to be this next great QB.

Cause Wilson will be, go hawks
    Oh I'd take Luck over Wilson, and I think Wilson is a very good quarterback. However, Wilson is a HUGE beneficiary of a spectacular defense. You replace that Seattle defense yesterday with even just a very good defense and they lose the game by double digits.

I give Wilson credit because he does still have to make that throw yesterday for them to win, but I don't think he's a 'great' QB. He's a very good quarterback on a GREAT team. Don't get me wrong, that team still needs and benefits from him, but Seattle makes the playoffs without him, how far they go is debatable.

Luck is a 'great' QB on a terrible team. He makes bad plays, but that happens when you have zero running game, a bad offensive line and a defense that isn't very good, you have to make a lot of play for your team to even have a chance and when you're constantly having to do that bad **** sometimes happens. You take him off that team and Indy has maybe four wins. Remember the year Peyton was injured, there's a reason the Colts had the #1 pick in the draft :smiley:

Wilson is darn near half of the Hawk's run game.

2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • ken brydson
    edited January 2015
    I don't get why everyone has all this praise for Luck. I just don't get how he's going to be this next great QB.

Cause Wilson will be, go hawks
    Oh I'd take Luck over Wilson, and I think Wilson is a very good quarterback. However, Wilson is a HUGE beneficiary of a spectacular defense. You replace that Seattle defense yesterday with even just a very good defense and they lose the game by double digits.

I give Wilson credit because he does still have to make that throw yesterday for them to win, but I don't think he's a 'great' QB. He's a very good quarterback on a GREAT team. Don't get me wrong, that team still needs and benefits from him, but Seattle makes the playoffs without him, how far they go is debatable.

Luck is a 'great' QB on a terrible team. He makes bad plays, but that happens when you have zero running game, a bad offensive line and a defense that isn't very good, you have to make a lot of play for your team to even have a chance and when you're constantly having to do that bad **** sometimes happens. You take him off that team and Indy has maybe four wins. Remember the year Peyton was injured, there's a reason the Colts had the #1 pick in the draft :smiley:

Wilson is darn near half of the Hawk's run game.

• It was so great when the Colts gave us their first round pick for T. Richardson...what a bust that guy has been.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    Deflated Football Data
    Let’s use some science to determine what may have happened to the footballs
    • Leak detection?
    Check with soapy water to determine if the footballs have small leaks. Using soapy water will show if there are any leaks. This is how we fixed leaks in bike tires. A leaky football could explain the pressure difference. Possible they had a bad set of leaky footballs.
    • Pressure gauge?
    Check the Pat’s football inflating equipment especially the pressure gauges. These gauges like the ones used on bike pumps can easily get out of calibration. Does the gauge read zero before use? Test and compare the pump pressure with a second new gauge.
    • Gas type in football?
    Use a RGA, residual gas analyzer, to determine what gases were used to pressurize the footballs. If Helium or Hydrogen are used these gases would leak or diffuse through the football membrane faster. The RGA will show what gases are used to inflate the football. Footballs filled with Helium or Hydrogen would be a little lighter but leak faster.
    The NFL commission clearly has the money to do this.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    The NFL Commissioner needs to go in addition to punitive sanctions
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    I've come to the conclusion that Polk Audio is a Patriots fan. After experiencing this new forum, they both seem to play with deflated balls.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    This topic maybe a red herring. If you do the calculations based on the gas laws, PV=nrT and know the temperature/pressure of the football when pumped and the temperature during the game, 51F I think, you can get close to a 2psi difference in pressure change. Also I have worked with PSI pressure gauges at work for 40 years and they are not very accurate at low PSI pressures under 30psi. These gauges have a +/- 1psi accuracy.
    What's this all about then?
    Publicity?
    The other team may have pumped the footballs at a much lower temperature. Need to know first pump pressure and temperature.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited January 2015
    I haven't been following every single detail of this case, but it seems like after the Seahawk's player intercepted the pass , didn't he immediately notice the ball was slightly deflated and walked off the field with it? What about questioning the center for the Patriots who was handling the ball(s) also.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Don't know if this was mentioned before or not, but if I was married to Giselle I would have deflated balls too...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • drselect
    drselect Posts: 664
    bikezappa wrote: »
    This topic maybe a red herring. If you do the calculations based on the gas laws, PV=nrT and know the temperature/pressure of the football when pumped and the temperature during the game, 51F I think, you can get close to a 2psi difference in pressure change. Also I have worked with PSI pressure gauges at work for 40 years and they are not very accurate at low PSI pressures under 30psi. These gauges have a +/- 1psi accuracy.
    What's this all about then?
    Publicity?
    The other team may have pumped the footballs at a much lower temperature. Need to know first pump pressure and temperature.

Like I said Ga*-Lussac's law (P1/T1 = P2/T2) were * is a y but thanks to pc you cant use someones proper name any more.
    They could have partly addressed this if they would have checked the Colts football at the same time which I have not heard if they did or not. And if they didn't why didn't they.