Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
edited August 2014 in The Clubhouse
I know I am. and as a Vikings fan, I always have very high expectations(and always get let down.)

I am under no illusions this season however, but I do have some confidence in the direction my Purple Gang is going under Mike Zimmer. I just got a new expression to use on my guys at work... "We are done talking about the labor, just show me the baby."

This guy is a straight-talking, no bs kind of guy that really seems to have the respect of his team, and that can only mean good things down the road.

I would be happy this year with an 8-8 season after the debacle last year, but that Lombardi and a ring would be sweet!(it is still preseason, so I can still dream:lol:)
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by nooshinjohn on

Comments

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited July 2014
    My new rules for the NFL: Any team, that can go a whole season, without a scandal, wins the trophy!:wink:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited July 2014
    Your sounding like a Chicago fan John. Dream all you want....that's about as close to winning the big game as you or I will get.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited July 2014
    Excited for today myself... My uncle who is a die-hard bears fan has to pay up on his end of our bet today based on the Packer/Bear game last season. We are going to a Rockies game out here in which he has to wear a Packer jersey the entire game, and a cheesehead for 2 innings... here's to hoping he ends up on TV!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited July 2014
    Minnesota got a gem in Zimmer. As a Bengals fan, it sucks to lose him. Could care less about Gruden, but guys like Zimmer are hard to find. Go Cats!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,942
    edited July 2014
    Superbowl Prediction......Bears vs. Colts.....Bears win 30 - 17 this time.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited July 2014
    Zimmer will and I mean will get the Vikes on track...He was one top notch DC for Cincinnati...should have got the HC job there,but we all know how that went....Cinci's loss...Vikes gain....in spades.....
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited July 2014
    Being a diehard Viking fan Zimmer and Norv Turner got talent to work with we will be fine with Cassel starting and Bridgewater backing us up, Linebackers and Defesive backs are the only teams weakness if Zimmer can improve those areas we could easily win the NFC North. SKOL!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2014
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Superbowl Prediction......Bears vs. Colts.....Bears win 30 - 17 this time.

Bears and Seattle in the NFC title game, Seattle wins. Denver and the Colts for the AFC, Denver wins this one.

Denver wins, Peyton retires and rides off into the sunset...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2014
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Being a diehard Viking fan Zimmer and Norv Turner got talent to work with we will be fine with Cassel starting and Bridgewater backing us up, Linebackers and Defesive backs are the only teams weakness if Zimmer can improve those areas we could easily win the NFC North. SKOL!

I like the optimism, but that is all it is. The Vikings have some top notch talent, but playing outdoors for the first time in 30 years with an entirely new way of doing things on both sides of the ball is a lot to take in. I see them being contenders next season for the division, advancing into the playoffs in 2016, and 2017/2018 seasons being good enough once again to have a shot.

• Sci-fi Polk Guy
    Sci-fi Polk Guy Posts: 194
    edited July 2014
    I am ready for some football!! I am a die-hard Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, and I expect to see a definite improvement over last season. (BTW, the Bucs were two plays away from having a 9 - 7 season last year.) With Doug Martin returning at running back, adding Mike Evans at wide receiver as an additional weapon, and with Lovie Smith, a defense-minded coach at the helm, things are looking pretty good.
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    Lovie Smith, while a nice guy, isn't going to take you to the big show. He's too easy going, not enough fire in the belly.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    edited July 2014
    Only thing I know is the Texans have only one way to go and that's up, since they screwed the pooch last year
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Only thing I know is the Texans have only one way to go and that's up, since they screwed the pooch last year

LOL...ya know now you've gotta send over one of those companies that clean up after a disaster....get all the wine I just spewed out off the walls.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    edited July 2014
    tonyb wrote: »
    Lovie Smith, while a nice guy, isn't going to take you to the big show. He's too easy going, not enough fire in the belly.

First, I made a mistake. Tampa Bay's record in 2013 was 4-12. It was 7-9 in 2012. My error!! Sorry about that one.

Second, it will be interesting to see what Lovie Smith will do this upcoming season. He is cut from the same mold as Tony Dungy, who did win a Super Bowl. Granted Dungy's Colts were much more talented than Smith's present Buccaneers. Truthfully, I would be very pleasantly surprised if the Bucs made the big show this year. An 8-8 season this year would be a vast improvement over last year's 4-12 shipwreck.

BTW, your gear is awesome!!
    Paradigm SE sub
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
  • jephdood
    jephdood Posts: 1,671
    edited July 2014
    Denver wins, Peyton retires and rides off into the sunset...

Better have that surgically repaired neck of his on a swivel.. Otherwise, second verse, same as the first.

;-)
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    First, I made a mistake. Tampa Bay's record in 2013 was 4-12. It was 7-9 in 2012. My error!! Sorry about that one.

Second, it will be interesting to see what Lovie Smith will do this upcoming season. He is cut from the same mold as Tony Dungy, who did win a Super Bowl. Granted Dungy's Colts were much more talented than Smith's present Buccaneers. Truthfully, I would be very pleasantly surprised if the Bucs made the big show this year. An 8-8 season this year would be a vast improvement over last year's 4-12 shipwreck.

BTW, your gear is awesome!!

I dunno man, Dungy and Smith while similar, have different coaching abilities. I think Dungy can spot troublesome areas quicker and more importantly make changes quicker. A more results orientated coach. Lovie likes to let things play out too long before making decisions. Both nice guys, both good coaches, but Dungy has that extra something imho that makes him stand out. Hope he does better for you guys, maybe your head office is better than ours was.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited July 2014
    Definitely curious as to how the falcons will do.

So many questions to be answered, such as,

Is coach smith the real deal?

Are the 2 expensive wide receivers durable enought to warrant the attention and money in this pass happy league?

Have they found enough replacements on the O line who are nasty, and tough enough to dance in the battle zone and protect matty ice well enough for routes to develop?

Has Matt Dimitroff made enough sleeper picks to regain his boy wonder gm title back.

I think a few of these will be decided this year.

My sister was Arthur Blanks personal secretary just after the falcons purchase, and a couple years afterward, this is now his org. top to bottom, and believe me he does not accept failure, so we may be seeing the last of some of the nemes i just mentioned if this year is not far better than mediocre.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited July 2014
    I like the optimism, but that is all it is. The Vikings have some top notch talent, but playing outdoors for the first time in 30 years with an entirely new way of doing things on both sides of the ball is a lot to take in. I see them being contenders next season for the division, advancing into the playoffs in 2016, and 2017/2018 seasons being good enough once again to have a shot.

5 of last year's losses were in the last two minutes with the predictable Tampa Two defense they should of dropped that years ago we could of won 9 or ten games last year had we had d backs or a linebacker Corp Greenway is not very good with Turner running that offense I see them winning 10 games which will be enough to be competitive in the NFC North with Cassel at the helm.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    edited July 2014
    Definitely curious as to how the falcons will do.

So many questions to be answered, such as,

Is coach smith the real deal?

Are the 2 expensive wide receivers durable enought to warrant the attention and money in this pass happy league?

Have they found enough replacements on the O line who are nasty, and tough enough to dance in the battle zone and protect matty ice well enough for routes to develop?

Has Matt Dimitroff made enough sleeper picks to regain his boy wonder gm title back.

I think a few of these will be decided this year.

My sister was Arthur Blanks personal secretary just after the falcons purchase, and a couple years afterward, this is now his org. top to bottom, and believe me he does not accept failure, so we may be seeing the last of some of the nemes i just mentioned if this year is not far better than mediocre.
    Tony Gonzalez will be sorely missed. That's for sure. Also, I definitely agree with your point about Roddy White and Julio Jones. Those two guys have the potential to do a lot of damage, if they can remain healthy. And, I can identify with what you wrote about the O-line. That's an area in which Tampa Bay has had some difficulty over the years.
    Paradigm SE sub
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited July 2014

True, true! And the fact that he hired Leslie Frazer as his defensive coordinator, pretty much seals it for Lovie - talk about a "No Fire In The Belly" A-Team!! They'll both be fired by the end of the 2015 season...write that down.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    edited July 2014
    LOL...ya know now you've gotta send over one of those companies that clean up after a disaster....get all the wine I just spewed out off the walls.

If the Texans clean up their act, I'll personally come clean up the disaster.....odds are on my side :-P, that I will not have to see a grown man locked out of his in his undies

FYI-You need to come clean up the mess I spewed from that story...'cause that was some funny crap
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited July 2014

I am hoping your right as I'm also a die-hard Viking Fan!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2014
    5 of last year's losses were in the last two minutes with the predictable Tampa Two defense they should of dropped that years ago we could of won 9 or ten games last year had we had d backs or a linebacker Corp Greenway is not very good with Turner running that offense I see them winning 10 games which will be enough to be competitive in the NFC North with Cassel at the helm.

I love the optimism, as I said, but there are just too many variables at play here for me to want to get my hopes up that high. Anything can go wrong at this point, and as Vikings fans, we know all too well that they usually do.

I think the Saints are going to have a tough year, but this year's Cinderella may just be Detroit.

• PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited July 2014
    I don't know anyone that plays the game(s) so I really don't care.
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • kdblove_99
    kdblove_99 Posts: 107
    edited July 2014
    Bears in the SB with Cutler at QB, thanks for the laugh I needed that. .
  • RduNC
    RduNC Posts: 87
    edited July 2014
    Super Bowl Prediction :-: Philadelphia Eagles Win It All... Thanks for all of you who participated this year! lol :-)
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited July 2014
    I'm pumped up for my Browns and so happy Joe Banner is gone. It didn't take Mr. Haslam long to recognize that guy was an unitelligent control freak. I think the Browns are in much better hands letting Ray Farmer and Coach Pettine run things. Lots of changes in Cleveland, but I think my Browns may actually earn more than 4 wins for a change.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • dbKiller
    dbKiller Posts: 316
    edited July 2014
    My Falcons are always a hit and miss, but I am ready for some football. Come on Sunday nights!!!
    Home Theater: LG 60PB450; Pioneer Elite SC55; RT2000P; RT55P; CS400p; FX500; SVS PB12-Plus/2; PS3 360GB

Office: Onkyo TX-NR616; RT2000i; RT800i; CS400i; DSW Micropro 4000; XBOX 360 250GB; LG BR370; Panasonic Plasma

Bedroom: Sony STR-DH820; CS400p; RT55p; Sony Grand Wega 55"

Retired: Sony STR-DN840; Yamaha HTR-6130; Sony STR-DN520; Paradigm Phantom V.3; Paradigm CS-270V.3, Cinema ADP V.3, PS1000 V.4; Polk S6; Onkyo TX-NR809; Monitor 50, CS1; FXi3; PSW350
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited July 2014
    I'm pumped up for my Browns and so happy Joe Banner is gone. It didn't take Mr. Haslam long to recognize that guy was an unitelligent control freak. I think the Browns are in much better hands letting Ray Farmer and Coach Pettine run things. Lots of changes in Cleveland, but I think my Browns may actually earn more than 4 wins for a change.[/Q
    Browns scare the heck out of me. They were in a lot of games last year. Solid D and ok offense. Always play the Bengals tough
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,636
    edited July 2014
    No love for the Seahawks last year on CP and we proved you wrong with one of the worst thrashings in SB history.... Time will tell :biggrin: