Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
    edited April 2015
    I say good trade him he brought his woes on him self plus his fumbling issues cost us a couple of key games don't just blame the refs for the new Orleans championship game his inability to hold on to the ball was also a big factor. The Vikes did enough to accommodate him and he lets Dogra his agent spew his venom. No thanks time to move on Teddys the new Sherrif in town, plus Astasia and Mckinnion will do just fine. It is time to start wearing my Robert Smith Jersey again.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    edited August 2015
    DirectTV will be here in the morning to get me ready for the season. In one week, my back yard will become a tailgaters paradise as the Pittsburg Steelers face off against my Minnesota Vikings in the hall of fame game. Not regular season action, but it will give me a look at some of the talent trying to make the grade.

For my birthday this year, good ole mom got me a seat from the Metrodome, painted with a likeness of Bud Grant, then had him sign it... It is way to early for predictions, but this is the most excited I have been about my team since Brett Farve pulled that last second win out of his arse against San Fransisco in 2009.

How do you guys feel about the upcoming season?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Could be the last season in San Diego for the Chargers....good riddance.

They wanna bail? Then bail. Spanos was never ever really serious about being a Superbowl team anyway. And I ain't gonna foot a bill for the stadium they are whining over.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,735
    Go Hawks. Gonna be a fun year!
  • nooshinjohn
    Erik Tracy wrote: »

They wanna bail? Then bail. Spanos was never ever really serious about being a Superbowl team anyway. And I ain't gonna foot a bill for the stadium they are whining over.
    I don't want the Chargers here in L.A. either....

If they want to bring a team to Los angeles, let it not be one stolen from somewhere else.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    We're hoping the Texans will stay healthy and figure out which QB is worth keeping. Good luck to Andre Johnson, hope he gets a SB ring. :)
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited August 2015

If they want to bring a team to Los angeles, let it not be one stolen from somewhere else.

You could have the Rams "back"!

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I know I am. and as a Vikings fan, I always have very high expectations(and always get let down.)

I am under no illusions this season however, but I do have some confidence in the direction my Purple Gang is going under Mike Zimmer. I just got a new expression to use on my guys at work... "We are done talking about the labor, just show me the baby."

This guy is a straight-talking, no bs kind of guy that really seems to have the respect of his team, and that can only mean good things down the road.

I would be happy this year with an 8-8 season after the debacle last year, but that Lombardi and a ring would be sweet!(it is still preseason, so I can still dream:lol:)
    It still beats being a Bills fan lol
  • New Browns uniforms look good. That about wraps up the excitement around the lake going into the season. Maybe Pryor's new role will stir the pot...but I doubt it.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,234
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    I say good trade him he brought his woes on him self plus his fumbling issues cost us a couple of key games don't just blame the refs for the new Orleans championship game his inability to hold on to the ball was also a big factor. The Vikes did enough to accommodate him and he lets Dogra his agent spew his venom. No thanks time to move on Teddys the new Sherrif in town, plus Astasia and Mckinnion will do just fine. It is time to start wearing my Robert Smith Jersey again.

Amen Steve, Every time I see Robert on the college game days on ESPN I keep thinking how much I wish he was back :'( I really like that man for us!

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • nooshinjohn

You could have the Rams "back"!

No thanks. I work with a guy that is an insufferable lunatic about the Rams. To me. Being that devoted to a team that left their fan base under cover of darkness In the middle of the nite is like still being devoted to your wife after she runs off with your best friend. Like I said. No thanks!

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,592
    My Bears are still a big question mark? Good receivers good running backs. Now if Cutler can step up and be the guy they paid all the money to. It was sad to see Brandon Marschel traded. My favorite player. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,334
    New Browns uniforms look good. That about wraps up the excitement around the lake going into the season. Maybe Pryor's new role will stir the pot...but I doubt it.

If you think the uniforms are nice, how about those new helmets? :wink:

lpjjlmlwlsje.png

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Now if Cutler can step up and be the guy they paid all the money to.

:D:s:#:p:'(
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,136
    Ready for another new chapter in Husker football. First season for new coach Mike Riley. Can't wait. Sorry about a college post here, thread title says ...FOOTBALL, does not say "NFL only" anywhere. LOL Closest NFL teams are KC Chiefs and Minn. Vikings. ouunwveaqpmv.jpg
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Now if Cutler can step up and be the guy they paid all the money to. It was sad to see Brandon Marschel traded. My favorite player. Peace. D

LMAO !!

Keep dreaming.....Cutler is a putz. New coach might help some, but I expect no better than last year's performance.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021

I dunno, worked out pretty well for the Ravens :) Go Bengals!!!!

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,895
    edited August 2015
    Going college here, the Ohio State Buckeyes have what it takes to bring home back to back national championships.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Going college here, the Ohio State Buckeyes have what it takes to bring home back to back national championships.

Go Bucks! Back to back baby!
  • Polkie2009
    Last season was an absolute joy to watch, they overcame so much when they lost their quarterbacks , but the freshman QB brought it home! U of H got their coach, so it will be interesting how the new OS coach does this year. :)
  • Can't wait to get some payback on Vtech. Of course, we have a few suspended starters so that may make it somewhat more challenging. :#
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • aprazer402 wrote: »
    Ready for another new chapter in Husker football. First season for new coach Mike Riley. Can't wait. Sorry about a college post here, thread title says ...FOOTBALL, does not say "NFL only" anywhere. LOL Closest NFL teams are KC Chiefs and Minn. Vikings. ouunwveaqpmv.jpg

Isn't that the Dirty Jobs guy? Man he can do it all :D
  • aprazer402
    edited August 2015
    He sure looks like Rowe of Dirty Jobs. I wouldn't call the NU football head coach job dirty. But I definitely would call it tough, difficult and a thankless one if you can't do better than nine wins each year. The coaches are provided outstanding facility's and just about anything they want. The fan base is very educated and very supportive of a new coach for a few years. But the media is ruthless. I agree that Pelini had to go, he's a time bomb. We'll see how Mr. "Nice Guy" Mike Riley from Oregon State does with the corn. Everything I've read seems to be very positive.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
    edited August 2015
    Phil Loadholt torn Achilles out for the season son of a b..ch this is terrible I guess the rookie will have to step up, or perhaps they could get Chris Long. This is a huge loss for my Vikings. DANG IT ALL :'(
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Polkie2009
    Texans already lost their RB1 Arian Foster a couple of weeks ago. Alfred Blue filled in last year when Arian was out then. Texans beat San Fran. 49's last night , face Denver next week.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    edited August 2015
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Polkie2009
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for the link Tony, excellent parenting there Mr. Harrison.
  • aprazer402
    Must be something in the name Bo!!! Glad he's back in Ohio. Go Big Red! 2gbjsk2hzo0l.jpg
    BO.jpg 46.4K