Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    Need to know both initial pumping temperature and pressure to know change in pressure as your formula states. I believe we are in agreement. Would also like to know the accuracy of pressure gauges.

There may not even be a issue here.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    bikezappa wrote: »
    Need to know both initial pumping temperature and pressure to know change in pressure as your formula states. I believe we are in agreement. Would also like to know the accuracy of pressure gauges.

There may not even be a issue here.

HEHEHEH HEHEHE... he said PUMPING! heheheh
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • bikezappa wrote: »
    This topic maybe a red herring. If you do the calculations based on the gas laws, PV=nrT and know the temperature/pressure of the football when pumped and the temperature during the game, 51F I think, you can get close to a 2psi difference in pressure change. Also I have worked with PSI pressure gauges at work for 40 years and they are not very accurate at low PSI pressures under 30psi. These gauges have a +/- 1psi accuracy.
    What's this all about then?
    Publicity?
    The other team may have pumped the footballs at a much lower temperature. Need to know first pump pressure and temperature.

Not necessarily. I get what you are saying, but the balls were checked by a game official prior to kick off. Now I do not know if the balls were checked indoors at room temp. or outside at said 51 degrees and whether the ball had time to properly acclimate before being checked, but in either case the balls passed inspection. Therefor, assuming the official did his due diligence then the psi was likely altered afterwards. I agree with you the ambient temp can make the air in the ball more dense and affect pressure but the amount of change ,as measured in psi, is dependent on the proportion of temperature change as well as the volume of air within the container. A football being a small container with relatively low pressure wouldn't be affected a great deal given a temperature change of 25 degrees or so. Also there are plenty of pressure gauges that are accurate to +/-.01% at any given pressure.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited January 2015
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    I haven't been following every single detail of this case, but it seems like after the Seahawk's player intercepted the pass , didn't he immediately notice the ball was slightly deflated and walked off the field with it? What about questioning the center for the Patriots who was handling the ball(s) also.

The one detail you didn't follow was that the Patriots were playing the Colts.... :)

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • bikezappa
    jeremymarcinko
    I understand what you are saying. It would be very interesting to know what type pressure gauge was used, the 3" dial type are not very accurate. It would also be very interesting to know the temperature of both team foot balls when they were first pressure tested. And it's possible the pressure gauges were damaged. I know this is possible because I have worked with pressure gauges for 40 years.

What is the NFL doing to investigate? Where are the footballs and pressure equipment kept now? Could the footballs leak? All I hear are opinions and little data.
  • bikezappa
    Ken
    Now that was funny.
  • mmqb.si.com/2015/01/22/deflategate-video-how-nfl-officials-check-game-ball-pressure/

Here you go, the ball pressure check procedure. Indoors with a crap $12 gauge.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • bikezappa
    jeremymarinko
    Amazing you found that. Those 2" gauges really suck and are not very accurate.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,033
    Are we talking about footballs or testicles at this point (sorry, just wanted to check if the forum considers balls a dirty word in this context)
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    I haven't been following every single detail of this case, but it seems like after the Seahawk's player intercepted the pass , didn't he immediately notice the ball was slightly deflated and walked off the field with it? What about questioning the center for the Patriots who was handling the ball(s) also.

The one detail you didn't follow was that the Patriots were playing the Colts.... :)

Someone please slap me silly. I realized a few minutes after I had turned off my computer that I wrote Seahawk's and I had to leave for a few hours,lol.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Are we talking about footballs or testicles at this point

I'd say both, judging by the responses of a pretty irrelevant event. Even the talking heads on sports channels are calling it their "Watergate"....wtf ? People are just idiots...well paid ones to boot.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    tonyb wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Are we talking about footballs or testicles at this point

I'd say both, judging by the responses of a pretty irrelevant event. Even the talking heads on sports channels are calling it their "Watergate"....wtf ? People are just idiots...well paid ones to boot.

Imagine if the lame-stream media took questioning and investigating our leaders as seriously as they are this red herring...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
    Not liking either team the only reason I want the Seahawks to win is to see Pat Williams get a super bowl ring. I must say it sure took a lot of ex Vikings for Seattle to win the first one, it will take another one to win a second one. I hope Pat gets one he deserves it he's a class act.

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    Pat Williams deserves a ring for sure. He also said he wants to retire a Viking... I hope he gets his ring.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,364
    I've come to the conclusion that Polk Audio is a Patriots fan. After experiencing this new forum, they both seem to play with deflated balls.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,592
    1. game was a blowout! Colts sucked spring water that day.
    2. If there was an issue w balls. Officials should have noticed something?
    3. Tom Brady is setting an NFL record by being the only player to play in seven Super Bowls.
    4. This will be the highest rated Super Bowl ever! Why should the NFL care?
    5. Go Bears!
    6. WW3 is about to jump off. Its just a game!
    7. Peace
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • nooshinjohn
    I just saw some Marshawn Lynch highlights... what a douchenozzle this guy is. If ever I needed a reason to be anti-shehawk, I have one now....

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I'm having a had time picking which team I want to win. I guess it would have to be the team I hate the lest. LOL
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Too much hype over nothing...all the BS hype has ruined the meaning of the game...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    I'm not even watching.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    When you remove the emotions from the game and all the distractions, this really should be a great game. I am not a fan of either team at all, but am hoping for a good game.
  • tonyb
    I'm just gonna watch for the commercials.....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Maybe Perry will have a wardrobe malfunction.....best play of the game!!
  • tonyb
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    Maybe Perry will have a wardrobe malfunction.....best play of the game!!

We can only wish. Not a fan of anything she sings though, but she does have a rockin' bod.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    As a fan of the team that was victimized by the "tuck rule" I sincerely hope the Patriots lose, unfortunately, I have a feeling New England will win :(. Go Seahawks!
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • gce

There ya go...now I have a reason to watch!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    DSkip wrote: »
    gce wrote: »

There ya go...now I have a reason to watch!

Do you? They haven't been that great during years past.

Can you believe that they are even previewing the commercials for days in advance of the game?

What has the world come to?
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• nooshinjohn
    PETA already had a couple pulled down...

• gce
    So Katy Perry shows up in Arizona and they have a press conference. The first question they ask her she answered "I'm just here so I won't get fined." LOL
    Anaheim Hills CA,