Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    Big deal....Jay Cutler is the highest paid QB too, doesn't make him a Hall of famer.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    The Seahawks thought they were up against a rookie defender that could not stop the catch, and they wanted the element of suprise.

They were wrong.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Who gives a crap?
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    As you may be able to discern, I didn't watch the game, I know that's a shocker. I will say, however, that Wilson was the QB at Wisconsin in college, and having seen that last play on the news this morning I asked myself why they didn't fake Lynch up the gut and naked bootleg Wilson? Wisconsin should've done that in the Rose Bowl his senior year as well. But I don't really care.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited February 2015
    tonyb wrote: »
    Big deal....Jay Cutler is the highest paid QB too, doesn't make him a Hall of famer.

Touche (2-Shay!) Tony B! :)

However, just look at Russell Wilson's work ethic, attitude (positive team player) and drive to be the best he can be in comparison to that of Cutler. Cutler isn't called a coach killer for nothing. Marc Trestman, the "quarterback whisperer", couldn't even motivate Cutler to give a Shiite about the game. How long do you expect the next coach in Chicago to last if he is depending on Cutler to win for him.

Wilson, on the other hand, shows the leadership of a respected veteran - quite Rodgersesque, actually - way beyond his years. He took his team to the Super Bowl in his second and third years, with one victory. Last year, after winning the Super Bowl, they say he was working - that night! - on his plan to make the team and himself even better for the following season.

So...their position in the pay scale is about all that Wilson and Cutler will have in common.

Post edited by teekay0007 on
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I had no horse in the race so I didn't care which side won. Darwin Award goes to the Seahawks idiot who made the call to pass at the end of the game. Hero or Zero, this time he ended up being a Zero. The look of wtf on the one Seahawk's player's face ( not sure of his name) right after that interception was avatar material ,lol.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    Yes, I imagine the Hawks will be sporting a few gif.'s in the future.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    10931727_10153047129147429_8123805265241135766_n.jpg?oh=92534c4d6c2f123ef40b38b4d229b906&oe=55512F45
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

Touche (2-Shay!) Tony B! :)

However, just look at Russell Wilson's work ethic, attitude (positive team player) and drive to be the best he can be in comparison to that of Cutler. Cutler isn't called a coach killer for nothing. Marc Trestman, the "quarterback whisperer", couldn't even motivate Cutler to give a Shiite about the game. How long do you expect the next coach in Chicago to last if he is depending on Cutler to win for him.

Wilson, on the other hand, shows the leadership of a respected veteran - quite Rodgersesque, actually - way beyond his years. He took his team to the Super Bowl in his second and third years, with one victory. Last year, after winning the Super Bowl, they say he was working - that night! - on his plan to make the team and himself even better for the following season.

So...their position in the pay scale is about all that Wilson and Cutler will have in common.

I can agree to all that....won't take away from Wilson his dedication and hard work, plus he's a decent guy too. But....I'm tired of everyone blowing smoke up his butt about what a great QB he is....he isn't. Mediocre at best, and it's the team around him making him look good.

I think a few more years of maturity will make him better.....or worse, depending. He has potential for sure.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,187
    dromunds wrote: »
    ...why they didn't fake Lynch up the gut and naked bootleg Wilson?

This! If you're going to pass at least run play action.

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • teekay0007
    Perfect cap to the 2014 Season: Warren Sapp Arrested for Solicitation of a Prostitute and Assault

7 a.m. today in Glendale, AZ. Just maybe this means we won't have to listen to this blowhard on the NFL Network anymore!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,169
    r4pc61dsy5j0.jpg

Blame this guy!!! What an idiot....
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Now all he has to get tattooed is a big NOT! in the space between the balls.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited February 2015
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,735
    Pats are showing their class. Blount (or whatever his name is), 40 yards rushing for nada vs ML at 102 and a TD. Water under the bridge now but this is pathetic...

qxpto5jbdwzw.jpg

• teekay0007
    Pats are showing their class. Blount (or whatever his name is), 40 yards rushing for nada vs ML at 102 and a TD.

Yeah, it would have, and should have, been sweet if ML had had 103 and 2 TDs!

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,169
    edited February 2015
    The shirt is a little much as ML is a beast, but I love the sign ... But at the end of the day it's all about feeding the fan frenzy and having a little fun at their expense..
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Pathetic?....Whoever won the superbowl were going to do their part to rip into the other team. If it wasn't the shirt or sign for the Pats, it would of been something to do with deflated balls and ripping on Gronk/Brady for the Seahawks. But then that would be OK right?

Your Seagulls fell...get over it.

That sign is incredibly funny.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    Once again the Vikings blow it out their a$$... Duron Carter to the Colts because they could not seal the deal.

I believe the son of Chris Carter will be the piece the Colts needed on offense to make them a legitimate threat in the AFC. This kid is going to be special.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • teekay0007
    Once again the Vikings blow it out their a$$... Duron Carter to the Colts because they could not seal the deal.

I believe the son of Chris Carter will be the piece the Colts needed on offense to make them a legitimate threat in the AFC. This kid is going to be special.

Not so fast, John. The Vikings gave Duron Carter a tryout prior to his going to the CFL. He was at camp a very short time before being cut. Rumors were flying that he was a far cry from being Einstein-like (pretty much like Cordarrelle Patterson!). He's also been kicked out of several college programs and is looked at as having a very bad attitude.

If anyone should be able to know all the ins and outs of playing the WR position it is Duron. His dad, Cris, put in tons of work with him, similar to the way he used to with Randy Moss.

I hope it does work out for him with Indy. If there's any QB that can make him into a truly valuable NFL WR it's Andrew Luck. However, Indy is giving him a try with very little risk. His three-year contract is for about $1.5M, but ONLY $25K is guaranteed!

• nooshinjohn
    And more Football news... Adrian Peterson has has had his suspension lifted by a Federal Court Judge, only to be placed back on the exempt list for the NFL to file an appeal.

Rodger Dodger Goddell is a joke and should resign.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    The dude say out a whole season, what the hell else does the NFL want???
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,234
    If they keep **** around with pro football the organization will be minimalized to WWE

Look at pro boxing, not quite glory and shine of yesteryear
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,234
    Wow skrewing got bleeped
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2015
    I said in an earlier post that they need to radically overhaul the discipline process. After this, I think it is even more important. AP is being held out as an example to be punished, and the poster boy for discipline, Ray Rice, (who could have just as easily KILLED his girlfriend based on the video) gets reinstated. The NFL did not challenge that, but they are in AP's case???

If you get in trouble with the law, where jail time is a possibility, you should go on the list, pending resolution. A player should be paid during this time, but that money should be held in escrow, pending the outcome. Then afterwards, the NFL should hand out their punishment.

If a player has sat out ten games already, and the league suspension is 6 games, fine him that money from the escrow, pay him for the other 4 and be done with it. Further, the fine should be sent to a charity that works to prevent abuses the player was involved in, be it drug, domestic, animal or whatever...

Bottom line is the way things are done now makes the league leadership look like a bunch of idiots. It is bad for the teams, the players and the fans.

• teekay0007
    Well said, John, I couldn't agree with you more. To me, it seems like someone who got paid $44M to do his job (Goodell) last year should be a heck of a lot better at doing his job than this fool.

But......then again, I can only guess that his number one job is making the NFL and the team owners lots of money and he must be doing a fine job of that.

Now, back to Duron Carter and his signing with the Indianapolis Colts and not the Vikings:

teekay0007 wrote: »

Not so fast, John. The Vikings gave Duron Carter a tryout prior to his going to the CFL. He was at camp a very short time before being cut. Rumors were flying that he was a far cry from being Einstein-like (pretty much like Cordarrelle Patterson!). He's also been kicked out of several college programs and is looked at as having a very bad attitude.

Found it....this excerpt is from a story in the Minneapolis StarTribune on 4/28/13. This was a story about his dad Cris Carter's HOF induction, that was about to take place, and how his HOF career happened only because he was given a second chance after being given up on (b/c of issues with drug and alcohol abuse) by the Buddy Ryan-coached Eagles:

....Now it’s Duron’s chance to work hard and turn his life around after a college career ruined by a poor work ethic, particularly in the classroom.

“College football is the minor leagues of the NFL and I really messed that up,” Duron said. “I guess I had to grow up. But school just didn’t interest me.”

The first time Duron tried to follow in Dad’s footsteps was 2009 at Ohio State, Cris’ alma mater. He caught 13 passes but missed the Rose Bowl because he was academically ineligible. He was gone by the following season.

He transferred to Coffeyville, where he caught 44 passes for 690 yards and 10 touchdowns in nine games in 2010. But even that was a bumpy road.

According to USA Today, Cayden Cochran, Coffeyville’s starting quarterback in 2010, used his Twitter account to post this about Duron: “The team that drafts Duron Carter will get the most lazy, whiny & non-work ethic player the nfl has ever seen. I played w/him. Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board.”

Duron transferred to Alabama in 2011, but grades kept him off the field again. He was suspended for undisclosed reasons and later transferred to Florida International. He never played a down there either.

Cris claims Duron is a good person who just hated school and will have a better chance to succeed when football is his only focus.

“Very few have taken the route to the NFL that he’s taken,” Carter said. “It may take him some time, but he’s got enough talent. He’s got really good size, good speed [4.54 40-yard dash], and his route running is probably his strength. He has good hands. If he makes the necessary changes in his life, he’s got a chance to make it in the NFL.”

Duron said he also had an opportunity to try out for the reigning Super Bowl champion Ravens. But he chose the Vikings because “they showed me more love.”

I truly hope it works out for Duron at Indianapolis - hopefully, they'll show him enough love!

• nooshinjohn
    Adrian Peterson has finally been re-instated...

• teekay0007
    Adrian Peterson has finally been re-instated...

I figure by the middle of next week, they've either got him buying into the whole Vikes thing again, or he's been traded. I'm still thinking that he might end up in Dallas next season - Jerry "Dick" Jones LOVES him and AP's from TX and has kept it no secret that he'd like to play down there. ALSO, Dallas let the leading rusher (DeMarco Murray) of 2014 go to Philly and bigger than that, T. Romo restructured his contract recently which prior to his doing, they were nearly at their cap. Now, they've got plenty of AP-signin' room.