Options
1144145146147148150»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    bqkx2v287blp.png

Roid Rage on display...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    That dude is juiced to the gills
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Baffling, isn't?

But I'm not an NFL team GM so what do I know?

IIRC it happened around the time they ousted Jerry Reese and brought in Dave Gettleman and Pat Schurmer.

They decided to let Spags go as he was from the "old regime". Gettleman was an absolute clown and did massive amounts of damage to the Giants franchise.

I lost a lot of respect for Mara and Tisch when they allowed Gettleman to stay on as long as they did.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    gylyucq2e4ix.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options
    This was a news Header "Super Bowl most-watched U.S. program ever, averaging 123.4 million viewers"

I figure 123 million of those were Swifties....
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    This was a news Header "Super Bowl most-watched U.S. program ever, averaging 123.4 million viewers"

I figure 123 million of those were Swifties....

On a personal level, I'm stoked about her involvement in the NFL.

Both of my daughters have essentially ignored football completely.

My younger daughter is a fan of Taylor and my older daughter likes a few songs, but doesn't consider herself a "fan".

A lot of their female friends in school though are now into watching football and have been talking about it a lot in school.

So, now my daughters actually like to sit down and watch a game, even non Chiefs games.

It has been a lot of fun watching them get into the game.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I really don’t know why people rip on Taylor? Including my wife and son. Not my type of music but I can recognize talent and I respect that. She writes all her own songs and donates to charity.
    The superbowl was exciting, down to the wire. Don’t care for either team. But I respect talent and coaching. I wanted to see some fresh faces in the superbowl. Lions vs Ravens.
    Some of the commercials were great. Some not do much.
    Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    ^^^^^My guess is it has something to do with her views on politics. Not my type of music but her concerts seem to be popular.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options
    My daughter really likes her, in fact she was at a friend's place during the SB and she said they watched some it. Something that would never happen at our house as we are not football fans what so ever.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,925
    Options
    ^^^^^My guess is it has something to do with her views on politics. Not my type of music but her concerts seem to be popular.

I don't see where Taylor is loud about her views on politics, IMO she stays pretty quiet about it. I would say she is more involved with the politics within her business/s than government..
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    I’m old enough to remember a time when the NFL - and the Super Bowl specifically - were damn near 100% A-political. The players, coaches, advertisers and commentators kept politics OUT of the game. In fact, events like the Super Bowl were where folks went to GET AWAY from politics.

Not so much any more… sad.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I’m old enough to remember a time when the NFL - and the Super Bowl specifically - were damn near 100% A-political. The players, coaches, advertisers and commentators kept politics OUT of the game. In fact, events like the Super Bowl were where folks went to GET AWAY from politics.

Not so much any more… sad.

Come on dude, don't be silly. Nothing is apolitical, and the NFL certainly never was. The political agenda was simply assumed and hidden. That's actually the most dangerous kind of political agenda...

As for Taylor, she is a decent musician (I can pick up my guitar and play any of her songs by ear in about a minute), but she is really good at her craft, which is writing songs that connect with her audience and being an incredible entertainer. My wife and daughter loved her show. My wife did musical theater and vocal performance in college, and she came away very impressed by the show (not her voice or the musicianship necessarily, but the quality of the performance).

And no, TSwift is not particularly political. She did endorse Biden in 2020, but she didn't make a big deal about it. She mostly just does her thing...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    I didn't notice anything political about the Super Bowl, maybe some of the commercials?

I'm not sure as I really haven't paid any attention to SB commercials in a few years as they just got really lame.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    I didn't notice anything political about the Super Bowl, maybe some of the commercials?

I'm not sure as I really haven't paid any attention to SB commercials in a few years as they just got really lame.

It was quiet/tame this year IMO, the only political commercial I saw was the Kennedy commercial..
  • daddyjt
    Options

2g04vven02w4.jpeg
    gu7e1r6hju6l.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Toolfan66
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »

2g04vven02w4.jpeg
    gu7e1r6hju6l.jpeg

I must have been in the kitchen when that was on..
  • daddyjt
    Options
    To be clear, I did not watch either - I caught all the tidbits I know from various news sources.

I mostly gave up on the NFL when they started changing the game - (instant?)replays, no more hitting, “football moves”, etc. then the death nail for me was the taking a knee for the anthem - a bunch of entitled millionaires signaling how bad they have it in the freest country on the planet… and to be clear, the NFL is NOT the only league to suffer this nonsense…

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

It was quiet/tame this year IMO, the only political commercial I saw was the Kennedy commercial..
    Yeah that one was a head scratcher for sure...my son turned to me and asked 'Is that the crazy Kennedy?' to which I replied 'pretty sure...'. But maybe I am wrong. I guess I don't care enough to Google what it was about.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Yeah that one was a head scratcher for sure...my son turned to me and asked 'Is that the crazy Kennedy?' to which I replied 'pretty sure...'. But maybe I am wrong. I guess I don't care enough to Google what it was about.

After JFK, they were all a little off their rockers. JFK Jr. seemed to be ok until he decided he could fly.

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    JFK Jr could fly but others decided that he shouldn't. 🤔🫣
    Sal Palooza