Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    6 games the last two weeks and every single one of them has NOT gone the way I wanted, the odds of that happening had to have been extremely low. Maybe I should find better teams to root for...

I'm disappointed that my teams aren't in it, but hard to argue that the best two teams in the NFL aren't in the Super Bowl this year.

I wonder how long the Patriots are gonna leave their starters in, I'd hate to see someone 'important' get hurt in a meaningless play...
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,076
    The best 2 teams are in the super bowl.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,577
    Come on now. Game isnt over yet
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,735
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    All in all should make for an interesting Super Bowl

The early game WAS the Super Bowl. Just like last year with the Hawks vs 9er's...

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I don't get why everyone has all this praise for Luck. I just don't get how he's going to be this next great QB.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    gce wrote: »
    I don't get why everyone has all this praise for Luck. I just don't get how he's going to be this next great QB.

Cause Wilson will be, go hawks
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    dromunds wrote: »
    As a Packer fan, all I can say is it has taken this long and a polar plunge in a freezing river to cool me off. WTF? It should've never gotten to that. McCarthy can't put teams away. For all the great work the O-line did to keep Rogers safe (everybody and their brother were all saying how Seattle was going to kill him) they can't get a freaking foot on third and goal from the foot line? I mean can't Lacey just take a frickin leap over the line and get a foot? Are you kidding me? Are you fruckin kidding me? Nothing but field goals in all those trips down there? Compare Darrell Bevel's play calling at the end and in overtime versus McCarthy's playcalling in the second half, going all conservative. Awright, I got to go back to the river. I won't be watching football for awhile. Frickin Fracken Fruckin

Not really a pack fan, but was pulling for them. I mentioned to my buddy that having to settle for fg in the 1st qtr would bite them in the ****. Didnt see it ending that way though, wow!

I wonder if that 3rd string TE on the "hands" them is gonna have a job next year?

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    My thoughts....

The Pats were gonna wipe the floor with the Colts....and they did.

GB game....was theirs to lose and they did. I can't remember a more sloppy conference game on both teams. A few notes though. A missed offensive pass interference call was crucial for GB. Also I question their play calling. With around 4 minutes on the clock, up by 12 points, they needed a sustained drive to kill the clock. Instead they chose to run the ball 3 times, up the middle yet, where the Hawks also excel at stopping. It was downhill after that. GB gave up on pressuring Wilson...and that onside kick is self explanatory.

Still, with all the trips inside the red zone, GB failed to put points on the board. The way Seattle played that first half, I had no doubt they wouldn't come out the winner, bar no mistakes by GB. "Bar no mistakes" was the key however.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • AsSiMiLaTeD

Cause Wilson will be, go hawks
    Oh I'd take Luck over Wilson, and I think Wilson is a very good quarterback. However, Wilson is a HUGE beneficiary of a spectacular defense. You replace that Seattle defense yesterday with even just a very good defense and they lose the game by double digits.

I give Wilson credit because he does still have to make that throw yesterday for them to win, but I don't think he's a 'great' QB. He's a very good quarterback on a GREAT team. Don't get me wrong, that team still needs and benefits from him, but Seattle makes the playoffs without him, how far they go is debatable.

Luck is a 'great' QB on a terrible team. He makes bad plays, but that happens when you have zero running game, a bad offensive line and a defense that isn't very good, you have to make a lot of play for your team to even have a chance and when you're constantly having to do that bad **** sometimes happens. You take him off that team and Indy has maybe four wins. Remember the year Peyton was injured, there's a reason the Colts had the #1 pick in the draft :smiley:
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,151
    Fun to read all the comments. Go Hawks!
  • gce
    Heard this this morning...couldn't help from LMAO!!!

The NFL confirms it’s "looking into" whether the New England Patriots used deflated footballs during last night’s rout of the Indianapolis Colts.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    Heard this this morning...couldn't help from LMAO!!!

The NFL confirms it’s "looking into" whether the New England Patriots used deflated footballs during last night’s rout of the Indianapolis Colts.

They could have replaced the balls with Nerf footballs, and it would not have mattered, an a$$ whoopin' is still an a$$ whoopin'... If they did deflate them, they should forfeit all their draft picks from the first three rounds, but to think it could have made any difference in the outcome is crazy talk.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited January 2015
    I'm with John, no way that had any impact whatsoever on the final result of the game, and I'm a Colts fan. If they get busted for cheating I wouldn't take away the win, but would take away their draft picks or something along those lines.

Besides drugging or kidnapping and replacing the Colts players with doubles from a country where football has never been played, there's no other way they could have cheated that I think would explain what happened last night.

If anything, I think the Patriots just thought it was a scrimmage or practice session and thought official game rules didn't apply :smiley:
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    edited January 2015
    I'm Pats fan. If they cheated, they should be disqualified.

And the Colts should go get their clock cleaned two games in a row.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• gce
    After seeing the Colts play, NO WAY would I want to see them in the SB!
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    The way things go with the Colts, they'd likely end up playing quite well and somehow winning the super bowl. They were one of the few teams last year that actually beat Seattle IIRC.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,580
    edited January 2015
    Ok, so here is my question because I dont know this.

1. I've learned each team brings 12 balls of their own to the game and they are measured and inspected by the officials
    2. Does that team then ONLY play with the balls they brought, do they mix them into one group, how does that work.
    3. I also learned there is only ONE ball for kicking

Here is why I am asking. If the Pat's were the only ones using the balls they brought, which have been CONFIRMED as under inflated, then only THEY would benefit from them.

If the balls were intermingled then it may not matter.

But regardless at this point, I'm tired of cheating in professional sports. I think there should be some MASSIVE penalties NOT associated with JUST draft picks or fines.

I think the winnings from that game and the super bowl if they do win, should be either reduced or taken away entirely. Instead make that money go to a charity of some sort, or do SOMETHING, because at this point with getting caught TWICE for cheating on some level, it means there are showing kids that its OK to cheat, because you never really get hurt. Make the OWNERS hurt because if ANYONES going to set the tone by hiring/firing people that cheat, its going to be the owners and front office.

Lets be honest here, 50k to a player or coach making 10x that much doesnt make a difference. You've got to MAKE it hurt to show people that its NOT tolerated to cheat ON ANY LEVEL.

If I was a Pats fan I'd be even MORE pissed because here's the deal: They may have beaten the Colts anyway, but we will never know, and now every Colt fan/Pats hater (or a majority of them) will simply say they won NOT because of their skill, but but because they cheated, and whats the comeback for that? Well, we cheated but....... your not going to win that argument with ANYONE.

And if they win the SuperBowl, then again, that cloud of how they got there will hang over them as a team.

PS if it sounds like I'm just venting, well yes to some extent, but I'm just over cheating in professional sports, and at this point I may just be done watching them at the professional level.

/end rant
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Last time they got caught cheating they lost a first round draft pick.

I believe the K ball is marked with a K as that one is not allowed to be "rubbed up" and is to NFL spec.

What was it that Sean Payton did to get suspended for? Oh yeah it was putting a bounty on hurting opposing players...

I think Bellichick being suspended for the remainder of the season and all of next season would be enough to get their attention along with a fine against the salary cap meaning if the cap is $75M per take $2M if that and make them adjust to it.I would rush to make sure that any investigation and sanctions be done before the super bowl to serve notice that cheating cannot and will not be tolerated.

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    It appears that everyone cheats in sports from Lance to Tom and I'm a bike racer and from Boston. CLEAN IT UP!
  • Moose68Bash
    If the Pats cheated, they should forfeit the Super Bowl.

End of story.

And I'm a Pats fan, but I'm not a fan of cheating. The penalty for cheating should be -- YOU LOSE!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Forfeit the Colts game.
  • gce
    What I've heard is that both teams use the same balls so the advantage would be on both sides. But I would think that would throw you off if you didn't know the presser was off form ball to ball, Luck having the disadvantage.

The Pat's will be fined and lose a draft pick! I think it should be more just because its the Pat's!
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• The sad thing is that the Pats made the choice to cheat when they didn't have to at all to beat the Colts.

If this would have happened in an OT game, I might agree with a forfeit penalty, but I think the appropriate penalty would be to make Bellichick wear either black and white prison striped sweats during the Superbowl or worse yet, make him wear a 3 piece suit.......
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Moose68Bash
    dromunds wrote: »
    Forfeit the Colts game.

A good idea, but not as good as just having the Pats forfeit the Super Bowl.

Why?
    1. The Pats eviscerated the Colts. Putting the Colts in the Super Bowl, therefore, would be a joke. Yes, perhaps, the Colts could pull off an upset, but it's not likely.
    2. More important, NFL football is no longer about "honesty, integrity and sportsmanship." It's about big $$$ for the league, the owners, the clubs, and the players. If the Super Bowl does not come off, everybody loses. If everybody loses big $$$, you're not going to see cheating. The owners will ensure that, and they will do their own policing of personnel from the top to the bottom.

If you think the Pats are the only club doing this sort of thing, I've got a really great looking bridge I'd like to sell you! Oh, by the way, the bridge is in the middle of the desert!

Of course, the owners would have to agree to this remedy, and they are not going to vote to give away their own $$$.

Just my humble opinion.

• bikezappa
    What happens if we find out the Colts also cheated?
    Is it possible all teams cheat a little?
    Does it really come down to who cheats the best?
    Sports maybe just entertainment and the best honest team/individual may never win.
    Lance never would have been caught if he stayed retired.

Does the best team or cheater win?
    How do we know?
  • Moose68Bash
    We don't know, and we never will.

Too much money is at stake these days.

It's just like national politics!

• bikezappa
    We don't know, and we never will.

Too much money is at stake these days.

It's just like national politics!

I agree, "Follow The Money Trail" if you want the truth.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,580
    edited January 2015
    Yup, and because of it I'm likely done watching. If I dont watch, thats one less viewer for the ad's, which if ENOUGH people do it (not gonna happen) then the money stops and changed need to be made...

I'd love to see the cash they get for winning this game and the superbowl taken away and donated to a charity, their salary cap destroyed and their draft picks removed.

At this point they need to make an example of the Pats. Otherwise no ones going to care. Maybe no one even does anymore but its making the sport a joke IMHO and not something I can get passionate about anymore.

Heck Pete Rose cant get into the Hall of Fame for Baseball and was BANNED FOR LIFE for cheating.....

We just fine someone some money, and take away a draft pick. We dont even alter the books to forfeit the game so they still look like winners, just with an asterik and a footnote..... Guess our standards have changed....

AND cheating is cheating, a little or a lot.

So I will stick to college sports where they cheat "less" I guess.

Heck maybe I will just defect and start watching golf and soccer :mask:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    edited January 2015
    Pete Rose was banned for betting on baseball, not for cheating.

But to the larger point, I have said before that Professional sports needs a complete overhaul. I am tired of convicted felons getting their FatHead likenesses plastered on kid's bedroom walls and Wheaties boxes. There should be a rule that bans convicted felons from ever playing again.

The league also got both Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson wrong this year. Players in legal limbo belong on the exempt list, but their pay should be held in limbo too. If they are to be suspended for 6 games, but sit out ten, then pay them for 4 and let them play. Felonies get the lifetime ban, and thus, no pay. Any forfeited money should go to a charity that helps the local community of the team, and done in a way that highlights the cause most closely related to the offence. In the case of Ray Rice, I bet the money he lost could fund a couple battered women's shelters for quite a while.

Teams like New Orleans that get caught trying to end the careers of players by placing bounties... lifetime bans for any coach and player that participated, and local police departments should go after them as well for felonious assault. If they won the Superbowl, or any other prize like that, it too should be rescinded and not awarded for that season to any team.

Teams cheating by rigging balls or anything else that could potentially alter the game in their favor? suspend the coaches and anyone else that knew for the remainder of that season and all of the next, lower the salary cap for two seasons by 15%, lose the first three rounds of draft picks, and forfeit the games in which the cheating occurred.

The trouble with the NFL and other professional leagues is that they have rules that seem to be made up as they go along, with consequences that are arbitrary at best and completely self serving.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • bikezappa
    Yup, and because of it I'm likely done watching. If I dont watch, thats one less viewer for the ad's, which if ENOUGH people do it (not gonna happen) then the money stops and changed need to be made...:

I watch because it's fun, like a good show/movie. I have no idea however who or how they are cheating but I'm sure they are. The drug testing used for all professional sports needs to be tightened up.